Season Kickoff WEEKEND REPORT 10-7 & 8

rcjunky3

well i hope everybody had a good time and nobody got hurt. i tried to get by the giant ddr campgrounds to say hi and get my hat and a sticker for my truck but most were usually gone riding. thanks to whomever welded up a bolt on the trailing arm of my buddies little tan manx at least he didnt end up going home early. i do have 1 issue though and everyone talks about safety during a ride. i was out with 3 guys from our camp and i saw pete, tim, don and several others so i thought bitchin i will jump in at the end of the pack cruise with them and then say howdy. at the tail end we all jumped in and a few razors later i went over a razor to the right following the quad ahead of me and next thing you know there is a red rail about 5 to 10 feet on my right side way to close for haulin through the dunes. so to save from having a problem i had to jerk back to the left going back over the razor and down the other side. my 2 other buddies followed me and said this guy had cut across a flat spot to obviously catch up to the group and after i fell out he continued on with the group. i aint lookin to start sh*t and i realize you might not know i am part of ddr and maybe i would have thought a little different if there wasnt 2 witnesses to see what had just taken place. even if i wasnt part of ddr it still doesnt make it cool. if you fall off the pace of the group dont try and haul a$$ to catch up and cut people off to get back together

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Bert aka sanddunesaddict that did your welding. I made it back safe and sound and except for a broken bolt everything was great!

Sorry about your near miss with the rail, There were a couple of red rails in our camp, but I dont know who the were :thumb: See you all next trip!!

IF i fall off pace which happens often ill just ride at my comfort zone since i know where the group is going and can see a dune or 2 away... but on the other side.. sh*t happens and its possible he didnt see you or was just being careless who knows..

And the guy that welded up that trailing arm bolt was BABERRRRRRT.. sanddunesaddict.

My observations of the weekend:

1) Wingnut hates double negatives and what not..

2) Any leftovers from the pot luck will be put to good use!

3) I have no problem loaning out my good eyeball to someone in need.

4) Chocolate cake beer and toyhaulers dont mix

5) Anyone that camped with us this past weekend is more than welcome to camp with me anytime ( the biggest coolest group of people i have ever met )

6) The Tajmatent is freaking awesome.. i had the best 2 nights sleep ever in the dunes.

7) dont let steveo near your stereo equiptment

8) :thumb:

9) Those who went to bed early on friday night will be banned later this week ( just kidding... with over 50 people in camp only 4 were at the camp fire around midnight friday night.)

10) When your better half requests that the sandcar be stopped immediatley at the top of the hill and for him to return in a few minutes Dont assume your about to get sh*t kicked outta ya. :laughoff:

11) :flipoff:

I would like to thank everyone for their hospitality and generous offers to let me crash in their toyhauler and for letting me use thier appliances so i could continue to be fat!

This was probably the BEST weekend ever.. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere was outstanding, the people rocked, i wish everyweekend was like last weekend it was fricking awesome.. Thank you everone i hope everyone had just as much fun as i did!

MUTHA BITCHEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

12) by sunday morning, there were a lot of wounded people in camp, between eyballs and knees and teeth and hands and ankles and whatnots.

13)randogs rail isnt slow.

14)chrome it and streeeeetch it!!!!

15)crazymexeddies boots are WHITE

16)bodyslamming each other on the ground ends up in pain

I would like to thank captainkirk for letting me ride the blinged out banshee this weekend! and chris for letting me crash in his hauler. had a great time and cant wait for halloween, awsome group of peeps out there and good times were had by all.

edit- I think a bone in my hand is broken when i reversed steve-o's tackle, its all swollen and hurts and whatnot. thanks steve-o :thumb::laughoff: o well, good times!!!!

Edited by dnchevyman

What's up DDR, had a great time with you all this weekend, nice meeting alot more of ya too. I'm ready for Holloween to get here. Here's a few pics from the potluck. I've got to figure out how to post up the Sobe Video though. See you all soon...Semper Fi, Woody :thumb:

061007105.jpg

061007103.jpg

061007104.jpg

061007111.jpg

061007112.jpg

061007113.jpg

061007115.jpg

061007117.jpg

061007122.jpg

061007133.jpg

061007132.jpg

061007131.jpg

Great pics, Mike. :thumb:

I think this trip one one of the best ones yet by far. It was really cool meeting some new faces from DDR, hanging out, and going on some rides with everyone. The potluck was another success like always. Good grub and good times. :laughoff: The movie projector and crowd we had hanging out around the fire Saturday night made for really good time. Not to mention....SOBE bombs, WWF style wrestling, and food fights with the leftovers from the potluck! :laughoff: Watch out for those flying hocky puck/ hamburgers, Rhino King! :idiot:

I can't believe how big the circle got along with the little villages of camps off to the sides as well. :laughing: I would like to thank everyone who came out and made this trip what it was. I haven't laughed and smiled like I did this last weekend in a while. :rockwoot::D There is nothing better than a good crowd of good people having a blast together. I hope there are many more to come. :thumb::driver:

Nobody got seriously hurt and nothing got too banged up. I had an accident with some baked beans :dunno::laughoff: . Kris and Vegas Jones collided at the top of comp after racing and kris rolled his quad all the way down comp and hurt his ankle a little. :flipoff: Randog's buddy rolled his rail 5 times end over end :thumb::shocked: . We helped a group of kids roll a Rhino back over at the right side of comp. The kid (driver) hurt his leg a little from being pinned under the Rhino, but he was ok. He'll have some explained to do to his dad. :idiot:

Here's my pics I took. (2 pages)

i had a decent weekend i s'pose. i got mopped in banshee wars, but it was fun. towing my banshee back to camp with the rhino, i ran across a bigass rut in the sand leftover from a truck that had gotten stuck trying to head over to the hills.. flipped my banshee into the tailgate of the rhino. minor damage to both vehicles but nothing major.

can't wait for halloween.

hey, high octane junkie, I think I saw you towing that quad with the Rhino. We were hanging out at Rhino King's camp when you cruised by. Near the second finger?

It was funny as hell messin w/ crazymexeddie around the fire last night. He passed out in the sand and we put one of the dirt weiners on him and took some pics. (There were random brats and sausages laying around camp from the food fight :flipoff: ) Then dogs took care of most the mess that night and early the next morning. :thumb:

normal_S2010054.JPG

That was the only pic that came out. I didn't get the ones on his face and head. :driver: My camera batteries took a crap and the last few didn't get took I guess. :dunno::laughoff:

crd450 or triplejdogg, do you guys have any that you took?

hey, high octane junkie, I think I saw you towing that quad with the Rhino. We were hanging out at Rhino King's camp when you cruised by. Near the second finger?

no, we're usually camped in front of the first finger, almost across from the entrance to comp. hill. right on the other side of the finger where the mcflurry camp is usually. someone from our camp, tarek, has roy's old cargo trailer with a "got power house" sticker on it. that's how i usually find camp, heh.

our rhino has silver plastic body, and my banshee has blue fulbore plastic body w/ baby blue powdercoat frame. my gf's banshee has silver fullbore plastic body w/ baby pink powdercoat frame.

i didn't run into any ddr guys out there, but i was either at camp or watching the banshee wars most of the time. we didn't do any dune riding this trip. i'm gonna start bringin' my raptor out too, so i can go on some dune rides.

after reading the previous posts, the ddr camp reminds me of the mcflurry camp. if both camps ever combined.. i can't come up with words that would describe the chaos.

Although I only got one ride in this weekend, I had a blast on that one. My kids kept me pretty busy so I didn't get to spend as much time with the DDR peeps as I wanted to. Meeting everyone was very cool. The projector was friggn' cool as hell and I FINALLY know how to make a Sobe bomb!!! I can't wait for Halloween so I'm not gonna...we are heading out the weekend of the 20th-22nd and then going back the next weekend.

See ya in the sand

no, we're usually camped in front of the first finger, almost across from the entrance to comp. hill. right on the other side of the finger where the mcflurry camp is usually. someone from our camp, tarek, has roy's old cargo trailer with a "got power house" sticker on it. that's how i usually find camp, heh.

our rhino has silver plastic body, and my banshee has blue fulbore plastic body w/ baby blue powdercoat frame. my gf's banshee has silver fullbore plastic body w/ baby pink powdercoat frame.

i didn't run into any ddr guys out there, but i was either at camp or watching the banshee wars most of the time. we didn't do any dune riding this trip. i'm gonna start bringin' my raptor out too, so i can go on some dune rides.

after reading the previous posts, the ddr camp reminds me of the mcflurry camp. if both camps ever combined.. i can't come up with words that would describe the chaos.

Ahh ok. When I say second finger though, I mean the one we always camp on which is right next to the McFlurries. :laughoff: I saw that trailer with the powerhouse sticker. I know where you were at. That must have been someone else with the bike and rhino I guess. :thumb: Catch ya next time, joesph. :flipoff:

Awesome weekend. :laughoff: I thought our camp was under a plane attack, then we realized the DDR peeps were just doing some SOBE BOMBS!! :flipoff: WOW! All the DDR crew, fun as hell, good fire, good bombs. Bonecrusher, was nice to meet you. Rhinoking, you made it up to me after stealing my pic for your avatar by letting me cruise the Rhino. Thanks again, that was a blast.

Can't wait for the next trip. :thumb:

Edited by Ocean03

i've always called it the first finger, but if it's actually the second finger i'll fix it. i'm backwards sometimes.

i have a 25' sierra sport toyhauler (red/black graphics) and a dark grey -cough-f350-cough- (sorry, but i had to settle for second best.. chevy wasn't offering 0%) so if you pass by our camp, stop by and say hi. roy (raptoroy) is usually there as well.

well i hope everybody had a good time and nobody got hurt. i tried to get by the giant ddr campgrounds to say hi and get my hat and a sticker for my truck but most were usually gone riding. thanks to whomever welded up a bolt on the trailing arm of my buddies little tan manx at least he didnt end up going home early. i do have 1 issue though and everyone talks about safety during a ride. i was out with 3 guys from our camp and i saw pete, tim, don and several others so i thought bitchin i will jump in at the end of the pack cruise with them and then say howdy. at the tail end we all jumped in and a few razors later i went over a razor to the right following the quad ahead of me and next thing you know there is a red rail about 5 to 10 feet on my right side way to close for haulin through the dunes. so to save from having a problem i had to jerk back to the left going back over the razor and down the other side. my 2 other buddies followed me and said this guy had cut across a flat spot to obviously catch up to the group and after i fell out he continued on with the group. i aint lookin to start sh*t and i realize you might not know i am part of ddr and maybe i would have thought a little different if there wasnt 2 witnesses to see what had just taken place. even if i wasnt part of ddr it still doesnt make it cool. if you fall off the pace of the group dont try and haul a$$ to catch up and cut people off to get back together

Hey Rich,

I think that was me. I remember following a guy on a quad and had a close call. Though, I saw the chain of events differently then you did, I don't want anyone getting hurt either. I apologize and hope it's all cool.

R-

Man i had a super fun time.Im really sorry i didnt get to hang out and talk to you guys more,but i only had 4-5hrs to stay and ride.Hopefully im freed up for Halloween and can visit more.Awesome Pics Pete!!!You guys have grown into a huge camp,its pretty awesome :thumb: To think a few years ago there were like 5-6 trailers and now how big it is...Pretty cool. :laughoff:

who fking hit me in my neck!!! im going to get you !!!!! hey pete hows your door knob!!!!!!!!!! mother b*tches :laughoff::flipoff: pete got KY jelly put on his truck door handle!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

:driver::dunno::shocked: I spotted the KY before I grabbed it. :ninja::idiot::thumb: That's nothin compared to how funny it was to see that burger hit you in the back of the head. :thumb::rockwoot::laughing::laughoff: That was freakin hilarious. You were like. what da f*ck???? :idiot::laughoff:

:laughoff::flipoff::laughoff: I spotted the KY before I grabbed it. :idiot::laughoff::thumb: That's nothin compared to how funny it was to see that burger hit you in the back of the head. :driver::dunno::thumb::rockwoot: That was freakin hilarious. You were like. what da f*ck???? :shocked::laughing:

YOU DID NOT SPOT THAT I CLEANED IT WELL,,,UN LESS DON TIPPED YOU OFF!! :idiot: