Question?

TRX440EX-TREMERIDER

I am on another forum called dunereview.

I asked a question a while back and got no replys, so today I reposted and someone gave me this website to help me get my answer.

I am just curious about the North Pole?

I went to Dumont on July 1st and seen it there. Who put it there, why, and who picks up the letters.

A friend of mine told me it was there because that is where the true north Pole is :laughoff::laughoff: LOL

Ever since he told me that and I went there and seen it I have just been curious?

Anyone have any information about it?

Here are some pictures and the post I mad on that other forum

http://www.dunereview.com/forums/index.php...c=3605&st=0

Also after reading through it I remember I wasn't sure where Comp Hill is?

Was I told right is that where it is?

I appreciate all the info I can get LOL :) :) THANKS

:)Cristin

Edited by TRX440EX-TREMERIDER

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant tell you if it is the true north pole or not... but a off road group put it there quite a few years back and it has gone thru MANY of mail box's.. The letters get recycled or blown out or whatever.

I'm not sure who picks up the letters (maybe it IS Santa Clause :laughoff: ), but the north pole was put out there because it is kinda the north tip of the dunes. It is at the end of the dunes and makes for a nice destinatation for a dune ride. Many mailboxes on the pole, like ISBB said, have been replaced due to vandalism, but many peeps (including us) go out and keep it up.

I'm not sure who picks up the letters (maybe it IS Santa Clause :laughoff: ), but the north pole was put out there because it is kinda the north tip of the dunes. It is at the end of the dunes and makes for a nice destinatation for a dune ride. Many mailboxes on the pole, like ISBB said, have been replaced due to vandalism, but many peeps (including us) go out and keep it up.

it is pretty cool to see a family dune out there in a sandrail, the little kid gets out with a letter, puts in in the box, and climbs back in and they take off.

I would have to say that the north pole @ dumont is more east/northeast in it's relationship with the dunes

imo

I would have to say that the north pole @ dumont is more east/northeast in it's relationship with the dunes

imo

yeah, northeast-ish...but still somewhat north end. We had this discussion when we set up the and created the South Pole. :laughoff: "no, north is that way...no it's THAT way :laughoff::laughoff: " :laughoff:

Thanks for all the information guys.

So where is this South Pole? How long has it been there?

I didn't come across it.

And no one answered my question about comp hill has it been moved? If you look at the link I put at the top you can see where I have been told it is.

Thanks again guys

:)Cristin

Edited by TRX440EX-TREMERIDER

Comp hill hasn't ever moved since I have been there. :laughoff: Everyone started racing up the right side of it instead of up the left side like back in the Day. there is now a hill labeled Banshee Hill.

The south pole is behind comp somewhere...ya know...kinda south. :laughoff: j/k You'll have to go search for it and find out for yourself.

It's DDR sacred ground. :laughoff::laughoff:

Here's where comp and Banshee Hill are....

picture courtesy of www.duneguide.com

post-3-1160769875.jpg

Thanks Dunefreak the guy that referred me to this site said you would be most helpful. Thanks again

I didn't mean move like that.

That's what I was told, that people used to race up the left side now it is the right. Old comp is pretty steep goes from flat ground to almost straight up. LOL I had so much fun when I was there. I was pretty suprised there was only one other vehicle there on such a big holiday. Guess you guys are a little bit smarter then us Colorado folks. Some guy gave me sh*t for wearing long sleeve black gear LOL. Hey all my gear is black what am I supposed to do ride naked. I wish :beercheers: It was 123 degrees out there by noon we packed up early.

Thanks again Dunefreak I now know when I need information on Dumont either to go straight to you or look elsewhere.

And ISBB you were the first one to respond.

Thanks guys

Thanks Dunefreak the guy that referred me to this site said you would be most helpful. Thanks again

I didn't mean move like that.

That's what I was told, that people used to race up the left side now it is the right. Old comp is pretty steep goes from flat ground to almost straight up. LOL I had so much fun when I was there. I was pretty suprised there was only one other vehicle there on such a big holiday. Guess you guys are a little bit smarter then us Colorado folks. Some guy gave me sh*t for wearing long sleeve black gear LOL. Hey all my gear is black what am I supposed to do ride naked. I wish :drinkbeer: It was 123 degrees out there by noon we packed up early.

Thanks again Dunefreak I now know when I need information on Dumont either to go straight to you or look elsewhere.

And ISBB you were the first one to respond.

Thanks guys

No prob. :boxer:

What holiday weekend did you go there? Dumont's popular months are October thru April-ish. There usually aren't any people out there in the summer time.

BTW, who was it that referred you to the site? Just curious. :D If you ever have any more questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail or post it up. No problemo :beercheers:

The letters from the little kids are the cutest. The one I thought was funniest was a small boy asking Santa to bring his sister a nice hamster this year because the one he brought last year was mean :beercheers: (I know this because Santa showed me the letter)

I wanted to buy a hamster and find the kid!

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?

He sold his soul to Santa

Edited by wetnwreckless