Clean up 2017

Dune Cruzer

On 1/31/2017 at 6:24 PM, dunefreak said:

Nope, just a good ole clean up as far as we're told. FoDD (ynot) is the one who made all that happen when he was the Prez. If there's anything else I'll be sure to post it up. 

Yup, I remember when Ynot put in a lot of effort to help make the clean-up what it was. That's what I was wondering when I heard the clean-up(s) were back on. The participation was impressive  I don't imagine they'll ever be the way they once were.

22 hours ago, shelby5775 said:

We'll be out there starting Thursday on vacation  anyway and would be glad to help out . Last trip out there we packed out a canopy frame some lazy idiot left, we'll be across from #7 next to the finger dune :whoop: :usa:

That's the area we camp. 

• 4 weeks later...

We're going out for this weekend. Last weekend we were just east of bthrm 11. Must've picked 30#'s of melted bottles, and steel food cans out of someone's  Prez Day fire pit. Took an extra 10 mins before we loaded up to go home. We always try to take more trash than we make. 

In general, Dumont doesn't look bad at all. Easy clean up. ;)

I am in the process of bringing the FoDD back to life! The FoDD will be providing a BBQ lunch to all who register  for the clean up along with presenting awards in four different categories for those who collect the most trash and whatnot! Last but not least those who sign up to become a FoDD will receive a ticket to participate in the Quick Draw following the meeting containing nice prizes donated by Rugged Radios, Kartek Off Road, Impact Signs, fellow Friends of Dumont Dunes and more! This will definitely be the clean up that brings the fun back! I look forward to seeing all of you next weekend! 

• Like 3

Just a quick question, since moving to California some 24 years ago I have noticed that a lot of folks out this way use the term BBQ in reference to grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. BBQ is a process involving smoke, various rubs, and in some parts sauces also, normally applied to brisket, tri tip, ribs, chickens, and other various slabs of meat. So just to clarify, is there a BBQ lunch or grilled dogs and burgers?

I will be there even if I am subsisting on MREs and bottled water. Just don't want my hopes and dreams crushed! See y'all there.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 7:43 PM, JeepingJay36 said:

I am in the process of bringing the FoDD back to life! The FoDD will be providing a BBQ lunch to all who register  for the clean up along with presenting awards in four different categories for those who collect the most trash and whatnot! Last but not least those who sign up to become a FoDD will receive a ticket to participate in the Quick Draw following the meeting containing nice prizes donated by Rugged Radios, Kartek Off Road, Impact Signs, fellow Friends of Dumont Dunes and more! This will definitely be the clean up that brings the fun back! I look forward to seeing all of you next weekend! 

@JeepingJay36 This is GREAT news! Please contact GTP Off Road 702-657-5991 for some donations as well! We are vendors out on Dumont's Vendor Row as well as have a shop in Las Vegas and love to give back when we can!!

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 4

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 8:40 AM, aceisback said:

Just a quick question, since moving to California some 24 years ago I have noticed that a lot of folks out this way use the term BBQ in reference to grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. BBQ is a process involving smoke, various rubs, and in some parts sauces also, normally applied to brisket, tri tip, ribs, chickens, and other various slabs of meat. So just to clarify, is there a BBQ lunch or grilled dogs and burgers?

I will be there even if I am subsisting on MREs and bottled water. Just don't want my hopes and dreams crushed! See y'all there.

I absolutely appreciate your comments! I personally own a few wood burning smokers that I use for the good stuff all the time. Unfortunately this time around with the support I currently have this will be a decent hot dog party. I am hopeful that by this time next year we will have more Friends, support and donations to have a killer BBQ! I have some plans in the works!

Edited by JeepingJay36
  • Like 4