dunefreak Posted March 1, 2019 Posted March 1, 2019 Anyone else headed out for cleanup weekend? This will be the season-closing trip for us. 😥 I'm looking forward to it though. Hope to see some DDR members out there. Here's some info on the cleanup if anyone needs it. 3 Quote
shaw Posted March 1, 2019 Posted March 1, 2019 We have group coming missed last year but have done every year prior. used to bring my kids now it's the grand kids. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 6, 2019 Author Posted March 6, 2019 Jason, @JeepingJay36 / president of Friends of Dumont Dunes, recently jacked his knee up pretty bad. Here is an update from him regarding the cleanup. It's still on, but just no raffle. *** UPDATE from Jason/ Friends of Dumont Dunes*** RE: Dumont Dunes Clean-up March, 16th 2019 As some of you already know, I suffered a pretty bad knee injury two weeks ago. I will heal but unfortunately I am unable to walk, let alone drive for the next 4-6 weeks at best. Unable to put on the clean-up as I have in the past I proposed a few workarounds to the amazing staff at the BLM Barstow Field Office immediately following my injury. I have received word today that the BLM in conjunction with some FoDD board members and some great friends will be teaming up and taking on the role and ensuring that the clean-up will take place in my absence. The food menu will be changed to a simpler hot dog/chili dog/nachos/chips/water configuration and their will not be a quick draw this year. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, I would like for you and your family/group to continue to join in the mission of participating in the clean-up, making it a great time and enjoying doing the right thing for the place we all love. I will make sure that next year's clean-up will be the biggest and best yet to make up for this last minute change. Thank you for your time and support! I'll see all of you in October at the Trunk or Treat Season Opener! Jason Ardenski President Friends of Dumont Dunes Quote
sand chick Posted March 6, 2019 Posted March 6, 2019 We're FINALLY able to get back out! Haven't been since MLK weekend! That's like a life time for us! Darn promotion to manager for me and Mike being an employee again! Ah life is good, even if the sand time has to suffer. 😁 1 Quote
EY3BA11 Posted March 7, 2019 Posted March 7, 2019 Ill be there . Might come out Friday afterwork or bright and early saturday am through sunday Quote
dunefreak Posted March 8, 2019 Author Posted March 8, 2019 5 hours ago, EY3BA11 said: Ill be there . Might come out Friday afterwork or bright and early saturday am through sunday Gonna have to bring my 2 wheeler then. 👍 Quote
Svengoolie Posted March 11, 2019 Posted March 11, 2019 I'll come out and do some spring cleaning. Quote
dunefreak Posted March 13, 2019 Author Posted March 13, 2019 I don't think weather forecasts get much better than this weekend's. Loos the nicest weekend of the season. 1 Quote
sand chick Posted March 14, 2019 Posted March 14, 2019 Heading that way now! Get a full day of riding before the clean up begins! Quote
Svengoolie Posted March 14, 2019 Posted March 14, 2019 Dunes changed a lot. There's kind of a ridge at the top of computer on the rightish side. Quote
Svengoolie Posted March 15, 2019 Posted March 15, 2019 I think I saw the shape of a cell building on a hill. No tower yet Quote
dunefreak Posted March 19, 2019 Author Posted March 19, 2019 15 minutes ago, raspadoo said: Trip reports? Working on it right now. DDR homework 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.