This is Stupid

TbonesMalones

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Las Vegas if you wont to live like California move to California

You can sit around the campfire all night for a weekend but that smoke doesn’t bother you.

But I to do not smoke in restaurants or where they serve food because I don’t like smelling it when I eat so I don’t think other people should have to.

I just think no smoking in bars is going over board you can ban it everywhere else and I don’t spend a lot of time there ether.

I hope I don’t sound like a a$$ but have lived here long enough to see how the place has changed :(

:laughing:

This is Las Vegas if you wont to live like California move to California

You can sit around the campfire all night for a weekend but that smoke doesn’t bother you.

:blink:

That smoke bothers me too. That's why I sit up-wind from the fire! :laughing:

ISBB you might not have to walk outside as they might just ban the food served in the bar. So if that happens you can continue to blow smoke at everyone. I don't think the bars have decided one way or the other. :laughing:

Edited by TbonesMalones

I could see how it could hurt bars businees around here, but what good does it do to complain now. You guys that don't agree should have been at the polls voting against it on Tuesday. Sorry it passed but it did, so lets move on. All the smokers have to do is go outside to get their smoke in and come back in. Hell they have to do that at work so what really is the big deal here? I know this will affect all the convenience stores and grocery stores that have the old ladies chain smoking while gambling away their social security checks. Well that is just my $0.02!

Is it duning time yet!?!?

:rant: THIS IS AWSOME THAT Q 5 PASSED!!!! :headbang1: The bottom line is that the majority of the public does not smoke. Smoking is a frigging Disgusting habbit :barf: and I personally cant stand not being able to go anywhere in this state without having to wade through nasty ciggarete smoke. I have kids and they do not deserve to sit in a PUBLIC resturant and have to breath in that poison, and ruin their lungs because smokers have rights. :finger: Smokers have the right to walk outside and smoke, and not to poison the air that others breath. ( If you were to go swimming in a Public pool do I have the right to piss in it because I like peeing when I swim :swimmies: ? Its disrespectful. And as far as all the lost jobs and closed buisinesses I doubt it :coffee: . CA did it and guess what, people that smoke go out side. Its nice to breath fresh air when you go to a bar or a resturant :clap: . I also think its great that it passed because the supporters of Q 4 :finger: were (pardon the punn) but, blowing smoke up the publics a$$ by using the slogan PROTECT OUR CHILDREN :beerpint: vote yes on 4. that is BS. Whats worth more, money or our childrens health??????? :rant: :fro:

Just my .02 thanks for listening. :beerpint:

:beerpint: this was just a cool smiley

Sorry :smoker: s nothing personal.. :thumb:

:rant: THIS IS AWSOME THAT Q 5 PASSED!!!! :headbang1: The bottom line is that the majority of the public does not smoke. Smoking is a frigging Disgusting habbit :barf: and I personally cant stand not being able to go anywhere in this state without having to wade through nasty ciggarete smoke. I have kids and they do not deserve to sit in a PUBLIC resturant and have to breath in that poison, and ruin their lungs because smokers have rights. :finger: Smokers have the right to walk outside and smoke, and not to poison the air that others breath. ( If you were to go swimming in a Public pool do I have the right to piss in it because I like peeing when I swim :swimmies: ? Its disrespectful. And as far as all the lost jobs and closed buisinesses I doubt it :coffee: . CA did it and guess what, people that smoke go out side. Its nice to breath fresh air when you go to a bar or a resturant :clap: . I also think its great that it passed because the supporters of Q 4 :finger: were (pardon the punn) but, blowing smoke up the publics a$$ by using the slogan PROTECT OUR CHILDREN :beerpint: vote yes on 4. that is BS. Whats worth more, money or our childrens health??????? :rant: :fro:

Just my .02 thanks for listening. :beerpint:

:beerpint: this was just a cool smiley

Sorry :smoker: s nothing personal.. :thumb:

I hear ya and I agree with you, but the bars that this effects have two options:

1. Keep the smokers and lose the food.

2. Or lose the smokers and keep the food.

Since they don't make much profit on the food I think the food with be going bye-bye.

Again it all comes down to CHOICE... Its my right my choice to smoke.. its your right your choice not to smoke... Having grown up in california it doesnt bother me one way or the other they will just have to add a smokers lounge... but look at it this way... If you cant drink and have a smoke at the bar while playing the machine which is what ALOT of people do and where ALOT of nevadas revenue comes from why keep the food.

I can see where you are coming from, but I see it like this.

People who choose to smoke don't have a right to shorten my life, because of what amounts to their drug addiction. Seems pretty me me meish if you think about it.

Do we have the right to be in the same place at the same time. yes we do

do I have to die for it? no

switch smoking out with severe radiation discharge, which also would shorten a person's life, and see how it plays out

i think it is recoil from the non smokers (me) :beerpint: too many times with the smoke in the face or in the non smoking section having smoke blown your way :beerpint: .

take this as a good time to try to stop and be healthy :beerpint:

shoot, smoke blown their way??? With the air recurculation systems in these establishment, smoke even permeates the non-smoking section. the only way for that to work is to put one inside, and one outside

....and so it begins.

The passing of Question 5 will have a major impact on hundreds of businesses, especially Nevada's bars and taverns. Many business owners say they may have to make a choice between serving food, or allowing smoking

When CA. passed this law for the first few weeks everytime the media interviewed a restaurant or bar owner they whined about how they were going to loose patrons and end up closing thier businesses but guess what just the opposite. The bars and restaurants that cater to the "drinkers" or "partiers" now have outside patios and on any given night these places are packed. And I have to admit it's nice to sit out on the patio to have dinner and a drink you just have to be choosey where you sit if you don't want to be around a smoker. Although I hear that some of the old "crusters" that hang out in the old bars will still smoke inside and risk getting a fine.

I can see where you are coming from, but I see it like this.

People who choose to smoke don't have a right to shorten my life, because of what amounts to their drug addiction. Seems pretty me me meish if you think about it.

Do we have the right to be in the same place at the same time. yes we do

do I have to die for it? no

switch smoking out with severe radiation discharge, which also would shorten a person's life, and see how it plays out

but you also have the CHOICE to sit at the other side of the bar table room or whatever where the smokers arent... you chose to sat w/ or next to me.. :D

:headbang1: THANK YOU EVERY ONE WHO VOTED FOR THIS. ALL IN ALL, SMOKERS SUCK :swimmies: J/K MY PARENTS SMOKE...THEREFORE I HATE VISITING. I COME HOME SMELLING LIKE A ASH TRAY. I THINK IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL BE "ALL-GOOD". BUT YOU GUYS STILL SUCK :beerpint::beerpint::beerpint:

I'm with d*ck cheese on this one... :beerpint:

Last night I heard some lady interviewed on the news in a bar say that it is HER American right to be able to sit at a bar and smoke and gamble and also have a snack (something to eat) at the same time.

What about the non-smokers' rights? If I want to sit at a bar and do the same but non cause lung cancer to myself shouldn't that be my right too? If I want to destroy my liver and sit there drinking my a$$ off :swimmies::coffee: then that's my choice. It does no harm to anyone around me like 2nd hand smoke does. :smoker:

Why can't people just go smoke outside if they want to have a smoke? If I am eating, I personally don't want to eat and breathe in somebody else's nasty a$$ smoke at the same time. :finger:

As I understand it, bar owners are thinking of getting rid of the FOOD instead of the smokers. Why? Where are the smokers gonna go? All the bars that serve food have to follow the same rule law). :beerpint: So SMOKING is more of a proirity to people than EATING? :headbang1:

:beerpint:

Well said..I agree 100%

but you also have the CHOICE to sit at the other side of the bar table room or whatever where the smokers arent... you chose to sat w/ or next to me.. :D

Sitting on the other side of the bar where smokers are doesn't rid you of second hand smoke or the nasty a$$ smell your clothes become drenched in. :beerpint:

HERES AN IDEA FOR ALL YOU LOSERS, IM MEAN SMOKERS :beerpint: THROW AWAY THE NASTY a$$ CIGS, AND START CHEWING TABACCO INSTEAD. :headbang1: THEN NOBODY CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR SECOND HAND SMOKE. OH YEA, I FORGOT ABOUT THE NASTY a$$ SPIT CUP. SEE, YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO STOP THE MADNESS. :beerpint::beerpint::swimmies:

Edited by maxdout