rhino kings new car?

rhino king

Chucky i would rather have a car w/ a few quarks and GREAT customer service than have a car w/ a few quarks and lousy customer service... good thing about SU is you can call them up or visit them in the dunes and be like check this sh*t out... and walla fixed.. :D

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chucky i would rather have a car w/ a few quarks and GREAT customer service than have a car w/ a few quarks and lousy customer service... good thing about SU is you can call them up or visit them in the dunes and be like check this sh*t out... and walla fixed.. :D

True that, Im not saying he'll even have problems with it, it might be built stronger than neccasary.. I actually like the su cars alot, they are just on the light duty side in my opinion, as many sand cars are and I know kenny will drive pretty hard even though hell say he wont... My concern is kenny flying through the whoops and having one of those bolts that hold the arms on break, or have that rear shock mount break and start tumbling...... Just seems like theres alot of leverage on the bolts holding the arms on, maybe im wrong though, it is a really light weight car....

I have to be honest, I cant take it anymore.......The SU cars are definetely going to be fast, and dune great!!!! BUT, I have seen several of their cars broke at dumont, one was their demo car with a broken spindle....I think they will work quite well and they probably have the suspension dialed, the plroblem with that is you get comfortable with the car and it works so well you go through the woops to hard and hit jumps to hard for how light duty the car is built.. For example if you look at how the rear shock mounts to the cage, with no bracing, and 2 tabs holding the shock their, not only the shock but all the weight of the car and passengers are on that one point where the shocks mount. The other thing that scares me is how all the arms are attached to the chasis. There is no outside bracing on the bolts, there is alot of leverage on those bolts, in my opinion. The reason I bring this up is because I know how kenny drives and he says he is just going to cruise but in reality the car will definetely get driven..... The desert dynamics car will definetly be slower, not even a question, But in my opinion is built alot stronger....Im no engineer, so this is just my opinion........ Painterjoe, are you saying the dd car looks better?

I totally agree with what you are saying. The DD car is a beefier car but like you said a slower duning car. If you want a cars that hauls butt through the whoops and can handle big jumps then the DD car would be the better of the two, If you wanted a car that dunes awsome then the SU would be the better. I found out the hard way, I have an Extreme Performance Eco 1( not designed for big jumps and whoops and I was told this buy the builder) and I broke both front lower arms jumping it (big). When I bought the car I wanted a duner, thats why I chose it but my adrenilin got the best of me and it co$t me. In my opinion there isn't a car out there that's somewhat affordable that can give you the best of both worlds, so thats one of the choices to be made. The way I took it was the decision was some way influenced by the color, not saying I like the looks of the DD better. Just my .02 cents. :D

Joe's car isn't an SU (Suspensions Unlimited) ...it's a Sand Cars Unlimited ...but it still jumps good! :bash: :D

My car isnt an SU either... It's an SCU and it jumps good too! :clap:

I would decide what you like to do in the dunes be it race around like the dunes are a big track, Jump, wheelie or all of the above which is hard if not impossible to find in one car and then buy what ever will work the best within your budget.. Either way, I am sure you will be stoked once you make your choice!

Just hurry up already, I have been following this thread chomping at the bit waiting to see the "it's home" post with the pics of the new ride. :laughing:

post-637-1163644441.jpg

Edited by scott

What are the specs???? Motor, trans, brakes, options......etc

Yeah, no sh*t. Kenny you have to list what the car has and stop looking at paint jobs. :laughing: :bash: One can't say if a car is worth a certain amount unless they know the specs. You already found a killer deal on that DD car.

Do you even know what you want? Decide what you want first, THEN go shopping. :clap:

Love the SU cars, But theres a reason SU and some of engine builders are going away from the Eco-tec motors(peice o $hit) know of 3 blown up 1 straight from the show room your last post "the red car" looks like an Eco-tec motor can be very quick but you'll need to keep your foot in it to go anywhere end result blown motor---Like the white one but put something on the sides (graphics, paint,etc) I've heard of situations of not being seen in certain conditions (windy sand storms, suns not right) Dont know how true this is just something I've heard(know for a fact it happens on water with boats) just my 2cents good luck

Pretend you didn't see this post. :freakin_nuts:

Damn I need to check stuff out before I post, there's no b-piller to support the roof not a good choice.

I noticed that ya what you tinking :laughoff: trying to get me killed :laughoff: pete and joe ecotec motor,,med trans,4 wheel brakes all around,,just had the tranny redone with paper work,,upgraded arms verses the white one,will take pump gas unlike the out back motor,,now we are going sunday to utah to take a look at it!!! any body wana go??? :laughoff:

ya its turbo!!! it looks like its got power dont you think!!!!!

:laughoff: You can't tell if a car has power from a picture. :woo_hoo: Just because it can go up a big hill doesn't mean it's fast. :freakin_nuts: Stop thinking Rhinos and start thinking RAILS. :laughoff::laughoff:

In my opinion, even with a turbo that is alot of car for that motor. I's go w/ a Honda 3.5L before an Ecotec and they aren't too uch different in price from what I have seen.