rhino kings new car?

rhino king

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T BUY A ECOTEC TURBO YOU WILL BE SORRY. BOTTOM END BEEN LETTING GO. I BOUGHT MY NEW CAR YESTERDAY AND IT WAS A TOSS UP BETWEEN WHAT I GOT AND THIS SU CAR LIKE YOU ARE LOOKING AT RED WITH GRAPHICS BUT WITH LS1 AND 2D , 4 WHEEL BRAKES. 1630 LB CAR WITH 410HP HOW SWEET. IT'S A 2006 FOR 44K IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. :chev_bowtie:

HEY KENNY, IF YOU GOT THE WHITE CAR I SAW IT AROUND 1100am GOING DOWN THE FREEWAY AND THE TRUCK PULLING HAD A SU STICKER WITH CAL PLATES SO I THOUGHT THEY MAY BE COMING TO SEE YOU :finger::coocoo:

actually i think it went to utah!!!!and it was a pro two not the u light car but that one sold yesterday.. :chev_bowtie: so they are sold out for at least amonth!!!

Kenny call dave over at SU and ask him why their not using the ECO motor anymore you wont see another one in the show room. I'd hate to see you be unhappy after spending your hard earned money, If you do go up to check out the car do a leak down test and compression test on the motor, if the guy gives you a hard time with doing this he's probably hiding something about that motor, I'm hearing these motors are a 1 or 2 season-throw away motor. Also call turn key motors (760-941-2741) they were the major supplier for the ECO motor I talked to the engine builder at the 2005 sand show I was looking at the same car so I asked about the motor he didnt want to lose a sell but he was honest and said the motor wasnt everything they expected it to be and now dont sell to many when I saw them at this sand show. again just trying to get you the most info......Look for a subi or honda if you want a light car, thinking of selling my V8 car for a light subi

Kenny call dave over at SU and ask him why their not using the ECO motor anymore you wont see another one in the show room. I'd hate to see you be unhappy after spending your hard earned money, If you do go up to check out the car do a leak down test and compression test on the motor, if the guy gives you a hard time with doing this he's probably hiding something about that motor, I'm hearing these motors are a 1 or 2 season-throw away motor. Also call turn key motors (760-941-2741) they were the major supplier for the ECO motor I talked to the engine builder at the 2005 sand show I was looking at the same car so I asked about the motor he didnt want to lose a sell but he was honest and said the motor wasnt everything they expected it to be and now dont sell to many when I saw them at this sand show. again just trying to get you the most info......Look for a subi or honda if you want a light car, thinking of selling my V8 car for a light subi

yes and your input is well taken,,thats all I have heard today is about the ecotec motor!!! sorry Todd/the owner of the car/but i dont want to buy someone elses trouble,,now im looking on just having one built :chev_bowtie: now i will know everything tomorrow,,from su around 12!!!

You know it is too bad that everybody jumps on the hear-say bandwagon about this motor when we haven't heard from anyone who has actual experience, ie. driving, owning, riding in, etc. a good car with this motor package. weather RK buys this car or not dosen't matter but I will tell you that I have owned this car for the past year plus and haven't had a single problem with the motor. It has more bottom & top end than my buddies 2.5 suburu in the same car. I personally have driven both. Todd

You know it is too bad that everybody jumps on the hear-say bandwagon about this motor when we haven't heard from anyone who has actual experience, ie. driving, owning, riding in, etc. a good car with this motor package. weather RK buys this car or not dosen't matter but I will tell you that I have owned this car for the past year plus and haven't had a single problem with the motor. It has more bottom & top end than my buddies 2.5 suburu in the same car. I personally have driven both. Todd

So, are you putting that motor in your next car????

Joe Duner,

You don’t know me, I am a lurker and duner. I thought I would throw in my unsolicited opinion.

I don't know of any motor that everyone says is bullet proof, maybe a stock LS1 but that is about it. Every other motor has a group pf people saying "stay away" those are the same guys that will have problems with everything.

Since it would not be a good idea to put a LS1 in a smaller lighter sand car then you only have a few good options. In my opinion the Subaru and the Eco tech would be at the top of the list. I know of people that have had real problems with Subaru's but I honestly haven’t heard of any real problems with Eco tech, not that they don't exist but I don't know of any.

I have driven and ridden in many sand cars including Todd's Red SU. Ton's of the smaller lighter SU chassis. I owned pretty much the same car as Todd but with a Mazda, that car was super fast but had no bottom end. Todd's car has twice the bottom end and still pulls pretty hard on the top. It is a great car and has had no problems. It works super good in the dunes, very well balanced.

If I were you I would try and stay to personal experience and not clog the internet with hear-say.

It is always interesting to hear someone’s opinion that is trying to sell something.

"Ya you don't want that piece of crap, you should by mine" :driver:

FYI- You can make any motors bottom end go with abuse.

RK,

I would ignore all the hearsay and do your own research. Don't buy something because of what other people say on the Internet or on the sales floor. If people think they can sell you something they will lie!

Guaranty if SU had a Mazda rotary car on the floor they would tell you it has pretty good bottom end and you will love it. Unless of course they wanted to up sell you to a large ls1 car. :D As they should since it is their job to “SELL” cars.

Later!

Michael Pyle

Joe Duner,

You don’t know me, I am a lurker and duner. I thought I would throw in my unsolicited opinion.

I don't know of any motor that everyone says is bullet proof, maybe a stock LS1 but that is about it. Every other motor has a group pf people saying "stay away" those are the same guys that will have problems with everything.

Since it would not be a good idea to put a LS1 in a smaller lighter sand car then you only have a few good options. In my opinion the Subaru and the Eco tech would be at the top of the list. I know of people that have had real problems with Subaru's but I honestly haven’t heard of any real problems with Eco tech, not that they don't exist but I don't know of any.

I have driven and ridden in many sand cars including Todd's Red SU. Ton's of the smaller lighter SU chassis. I owned pretty much the same car as Todd but with a Mazda, that car was super fast but had no bottom end. Todd's car has twice the bottom end and still pulls pretty hard on the top. It is a great car and has had no problems. It works super good in the dunes, very well balanced.

If I were you I would try and stay to personal experience and not clog the internet with hear-say.

(1)It is always interesting to hear someone’s opinion that is trying to sell something.

"Ya you don't want that piece of crap, you should by mine" :dunno:

RK,

(2) I would ignore all the hearsay and do your own research. Don't buy something because of what other people say on the Internet or on the sales floor. If people think they can sell you something they will lie!

Guaranty if SU had a Mazda rotary car on the floor they would tell you it has pretty good bottom end and you will love it. Unless of course they wanted to up sell you to a large ls1 car. :D As they should since it is their job to “SELL” cars.

Later!

Michael Pyle

Hi Mike, you made some good points, BUT

(1) Joe Duner isn't really trying to sell his car. Everything he has is always for sale. He's just that kind of guy. :driver: He is just only looking out for his buddy, Kenny (rhino king). Joe has had alot of sandrails and has a lot of buddies who have sandrails. He wouldn't lie to him about something just to try and sell his car. When you think of it, toddk is doing the same thing as Joe. He is selling his car and giving his opinion as well. The car might run really well. All Ecotecs are different. They are built by different builders, some have turbos and some don't, some are takin care of and some aren't. The Ecotec in todd's car may in fact run really well. :driver: I am sure Joe was just speaking from his experience. He has alot of it. :dunno:

(2) RK IS doing all his own research. I have found that first (or even second) hand experience is the best form of advice. Many of us have friends that go to the dunes and know from there experiences, not just from our own. We wouldn't say the Ecotec is garbage unless we didn't know owners that have had em.

I'm not trying to stir up an arguement here. I just want to let you know that most of everyone who has posted up here are friends w/ RK and wouldn't give him any BS answers or input. It sounds like Todd's car runs really well...unlike most Ecotecs. We are all just speaking from experiance.

Whatever you do, Kenny, I hope you find a car that suits your style. :beerpint: ...which usually invovles stars and fruity colors. :dunno: j/k

Joe Duner,

It is always interesting to hear someone’s opinion that is trying to sell something.

RK,

I would ignore all the hearsay and do your own research. Don't buy something because of what other people say on the Internet or on the sales floor. If people think they can sell you something they will lie!

Later!

Michael Pyle

:driver::dunno::beerpint: That's all I have to say to that post!!!!!

Joe Duner,

RK,

Later!

Michael Pyle

YOU SAY YOU HAVENT HEARD OF ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE ECHO TEC,WELL YOURE HEARING A BUNCH OF THEM NOW.

Hi Mike, you made some good points, BUT

(1) Joe Duner isn't really trying to sell his car. Everything he has is always for sale. He's just that kind of guy. :driver: He is just only looking out for his buddy, Kenny (rhino king). Joe has had alot of sandrails and has a lot of buddies who have sandrails. He wouldn't lie to him about something just to try and sell his car. When you think of it, toddk is doing the same thing as Joe. He is selling his car and giving his opinion as well. The car might run really well. All Ecotecs are different. They are built by different builders, some have turbos and some don't, some are takin care of and some aren't. The Ecotec in todd's car may in fact run really well. :driver: I am sure Joe was just speaking from his experience. He has alot of it. :dunno:

(2) RK IS doing all his own research. I have found that first (or even second) hand experience is the best form of advice. Many of us have friends that go to the dunes and know from there experiences, not just from our own. We wouldn't say the Ecotec is garbage unless we didn't know owners that have had em.

I'm not trying to stir up an arguement here. I just want to let you know that most of everyone who has posted up here are friends w/ RK and wouldn't give him any BS answers or input. It sounds like Todd's car runs really well...unlike most Ecotecs. We are all just speaking from experiance.

Whatever you do, Kenny, I hope you find a car that suits your style. :beerpint: ...which usually invovles stars and fruity colors. :dunno: j/k

Dune Freak,

Points taken!

I know Todd is selling his car and just like anyone selling anything you need to read bewteen the lines.

I have known Todd for a long time and he is as honest as they come and if he thought the car had issues he would fix it before selling.

Not pointing fingers but I just get tired of people being negative about other peoples stuff when they have no idea what they are talking about.

You are right that I have not had a lot of personal experiance with the Eco tech, in fact I only know of a few. That being said I have not heard of any more then usual problems with them. Todd's has run great since the day he got it. I am a big guy (270lbs) and the car could still get up and go with both Todd and I in it.

I know of bunch of problems with Subarus but I would still buy one.

I melted down my Mazda a few times but I knew that it was my fault, not the motors. I know people heard about my having problems and then turned around saying "Mazda's sucks, I know a guy that has melted his 3 times" they left out the part about me being an idiot. :D

MP

Dune Freak,

Points taken!

I know Todd is selling his car and just like anyone selling anything you need to read bewteen the lines.

I have known Todd for a long time and he is as honest as they come and if he thought the car had issues he would fix it before selling.

Not pointing fingers but I just get tired of people being negative about other peoples stuff when they have no idea what they are talking about.

You are right that I have not had a lot of personal experiance with the Eco tech, in fact I only know of a few. That being said I have not heard of any more then usual problems with them. Todd's has run great since the day he got it. I am a big guy (270lbs) and the car could still get up and go with both Todd and I in it.

I know of bunch of problems with Subarus but I would still buy one.

I melted down my Mazda a few times but I knew that it was my fault, not the motors. I know people heard about my having problems and then turned around saying "Mazda's sucks, I know a guy that has melted his 3 times" they left out the part about me being an idiot. :D

MP

Mike, I wasn't (and I don't think anyone else was either) putting down his specific car. Kenny asked about input on the Ecotec motor and we all gave our opinions on it, not Todd's car. That was all. I re-read the posts and nowhere could I find where someone said anything bad about Todd's car or about Todd not being honest. :dunno: All I said was that seems like alot of car for that little motor is all. It may run great, but from what I heard AND seen those Ecotecs run on the slow side. I have also been told by owners of them that you have to run the sh*t out of them if they are in a bigger car like the one he is selling. that's all. My Hayabusa runs awesome and makes plenty of power, but I wouldn't put it in a 4 seater.

I wish him luck with the sale. It looks like a sweet a$$ car. :driver:

Kenny, here is a Funco that isn't rounded, it's the SSE. This is a killer deal.

Must Sell!!!

2003 Funco SSE 5 seat, 400 HP redline performance Northstar with titanium retainers, power steering, bead lock rims, four wheel disc brakes, King air ride bypass shocks, leather Beard suspension seats, Mendeola 2D trans, 930 race prep CV`s, sway away axels. Garmin ledgend GPS with billet mount, custom emil miller wing trunk, led tail lights, etc... E-mail for more pics. IMMACULATE! $40,000 MUST GO!! All resonable offers will be considered! E-Mail: hurstmotorsports@comcast.net Phone: (559) 994-1131

post-114-1163833642.jpg

post-114-1163833655.jpg

post-114-1163833665.jpg

Must Sell!!!

2003 Funco SSE 5 seat, 400 HP redline performance Northstar with titanium retainers, power steering, bead lock rims, four wheel disc brakes, King air ride bypass shocks, leather Beard suspension seats, Mendeola 2D trans, 930 race prep CV`s, sway away axels. Garmin ledgend GPS with billet mount, custom emil miller wing trunk, led tail lights, etc... E-mail for more pics. IMMACULATE! $40,000 MUST GO!! All resonable offers will be considered! E-Mail: hurstmotorsports@comcast.net Phone: (559) 994-1131

Can you say:

"BAD A$$!"

Must Sell!!!

its not the right colors for Kenny!!!!!!!!!! Where are the stars?