What are your thoughts on paving the Dumont Road?

Dumont Dunes Road  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on paving the Dumont Road?

• I'm very happy about it
    • I hate it
    • It doesn't matter to me

I'll do another update around the 4th of July. Last time I was there mid-July it was over 120* 

I think once the road is paved, Dumont will become a summer tourist trap. Literally. 

People from Europe in a rental Hyundai headed to Death Valley will see the sand dunes, the paved road, will take a detour. "honey, this isn't that bed" as they drive across the firm ground. 

Then, the ground is NO longer firm. That Hyundai sedan will be buried. 

"Now what?" 

This, is not how this works, first they will put it out to Bid, has this Bid yet,  

Then unlike normal bids, It is a Federal job,  so the Bid Results will be reviewed for 30 day,  

After the 30 Days if no bidder protests the bid, then they have 60 days for notice to proceed, after notice to proceed you will then see work start, 

This will only start if the Bid meets the requirements of the bid package, for example if the budget is 1,00,000,000 and the bid comes in over 10%, Then it might go back out for bid or bid review.  

So after the Bid is awarded, bid bonds are met, then they will have notice to proceed,  all and all this could take 6 months, 

Does anyone of a link to the Project bid, or bid results, 

If this is a CMAR or Design build, then it could take a year for design before it goes into review.  

On 6/12/2022 at 9:28 PM, jalper said:

This, is not how this works, first they will put it out to Bid, has this Bid yet,  

Then unlike normal bids, It is a Federal job,  so the Bid Results will be reviewed for 30 day,  

After the 30 Days if no bidder protests the bid, then they have 60 days for notice to proceed, after notice to proceed you will then see work start, 

This will only start if the Bid meets the requirements of the bid package, for example if the budget is 1,00,000,000 and the bid comes in over 10%, Then it might go back out for bid or bid review.  

So after the Bid is awarded, bid bonds are met, then they will have notice to proceed,  all and all this could take 6 months, 

Does anyone of a link to the Project bid, or bid results, 

If this is a CMAR or Design build, then it could take a year for design before it goes into review.  

Here you go. https://govtribe.com/opportunity/federal-contract-opportunity/ca-ftbl-dumont-dunes-1-dumont-dunes-road-6982af22b000013-1#