pack it in pack more out

yeah dude i was jumping my rhino and at it was out of a small bowl and i left for a few mins. to tell my dad to bring his rail to it and when i got back there 5 beer cans still cold some half full and i grabbed them. but why do people do that :dunno: PICK UP YOUR CAMPS!! each piece of trash is just one more reason for the tree hugers to try and shut dumont down

Yeah, Good job Bud. :thumb:

The hill was a total mess Sunday morning. :laughoff:

WTF don't these IDIOTS understand? :dunno:

And WHY? :thumb:

:pissed:

Thanks for your help there Warrior. :thumb:

As we were leaving comp Sat night, I started tossing beer cans near our little spot into my big-a$$ quad bag. Was stopping every couple of feet and realized I was fighting a losing battle! :dunno:

As we were leaving comp Sat night, I started tossing beer cans near our little spot into my big-a$$ quad bag. Was stopping every couple of feet and realized I was fighting a losing battle! :pissed:

No Doubt Kelly,

It's aggrivating, but every bit helps.

Tanner is right about the shut down.

Pete is right about it being inevitable.

But we need to do something to cut it down. :dunno:

Maybe several BIG 'littering fine' signs on the way in and around the hill?

Maybe we should organize a clean-up every big weekend.

The more peeps helping the more progress we'll have.

Just hope that doesn't trigger more litter bugs. catch22?

I don't know :dunno:

More Ideas?

:laughoff:

No Doubt Kelly,

It's aggrivating, but every bit helps.

Tanner is right about the shut down.

Pete is right about it being inevitable.

But we need to do something to cut it down. :pissed:

Maybe several BIG 'littering fine' signs on the way in and around the hill?

Maybe we should organize a clean-up every big weekend.

The more peeps helping the more progress we'll have.

Just hope that doesn't trigger more litter bugs. catch22?

I don't know :dunno:

More Ideas?

:laughoff:

I totally agree with you, it is a catch 22. We continue to clean up after the litter bugs, they'll only take it for granted that someone will do it for them. It's just like raising kids, the more you do FOR them, the less they will do for themselves. I like the idea of littering fines. Hit 'em where it hurts....the pocket. However, we already know for a fact that enforcement is few and far between. They will fine you for glass bottles in your posession, chase you down for not having a flag, a proper tailight, etc., but I personally have never seen a ranger chase someone down for leaving their damn garbage behind.

Davey and I were on our quads and talked about cruising up and down looking for "peeps" and I jokingly said, "Yeah, and holler at everyone we pass by to pick up their trash!" Probably would have gotten our a$$es kicked. :dunno:

It will never happen but...what they ought to do is pass out one big trash bag marked "Dumont Dunes" to every vehicle as they come in. Then, when you check out...turn in a FULL bag and get a coupla bucks as a rebate on your fee. Sure, some folks would probably just use them for camp trash, but it might encourage a little more thought before littering, even with such a meager incentive. Now, what to do with the mountain of trash bags at the entrance?

A more practical idea...get permission to put up a dozen temporary signs (like those annoying little 'new home' signs that pop up all over Vegas every weekend). Once past the entrance, I didn't see anything about carrying out trash or littering. Awareness on the way in can lead to surprising results.

we pulled in on Sunday right a cross from pot 6 got the car off thr trailer and a ranger pulled up and asked if the trash on the ground was ours I said no but we where going to pick it up. He said I think it is yours again I told him we just go there he started looking over things and said well the tracks are all around the stuff

pick it up and I will not fine you what a jerk.

the chair i picked out of the fire pit was just the beginning . plenty of cans(beer and food ) rv stove covers , straps broken flags ,and you can see headlight ring . :angry22: i don't mind picking up trash around my camp so my kid don't cut himself on something that shoud'nt have been left behind. :no_no: i leave my camp the way i'd like to pull up to it CLEAN :laughoff: . there are people out there that just don't care

as for the trash bags handed it out i don't think the people that leave there trash behind would know how to use it . :dope:

Edited by warrior07

It would be awesome if someone could fabricate a rake of some sort with wheels at each end that we could attach to our trucks to rake in all the crap left behind.

Some like this:

/

|

|

\

You get the picture....a few 4x4 trucks driving around hauling this type of rake would surely capture a lot of the crap left behind.

It would be awesome if someone could fabricate a rake of some sort with wheels at each end that we could attach to our trucks to rake in all the crap left behind.

Some like this:

/

|

|

\

You get the picture....a few 4x4 trucks driving around hauling this type of rake would surely capture a lot of the crap left behind.

True Dat!

You got me thinkin' :stick_smack:

Sift the bigger rocks too! :beercheers:

"Bonus"

You would make a few hundred bucks at the recycle yard for beer one night :mc_smiley:

well for the DDR Cleanup, i have already bought 5 big boxes of trash bags, and ill be bringing a trailer and a tarp so that i can bring alot more back.

Cole, for the cleanup they supply a big dumpster and some trash bags. There will be no need to haul it back that trip....unless you really want to I guess. :beercheers:

That reminds me of something...

Last year after the cleanup we had a lot of really good ideas being exchanged on how to improve it for this year. I seem to recall one of those ideas being having someone out at one of the "gathering spots" with raffle tickets, signup sheets and trash bags so that may have missed the registration area can be brought into the event.

It would be even better if we had a 4x4 truck with a trailer out there or just a 4x4 truck... to help haul the filled trash bags back to the dumpsters.

Vicki

That reminds me of something...

Last year after the cleanup we had a lot of really good ideas being exchanged on how to improve it for this year. I seem to recall one of those ideas being having someone out at one of the "gathering spots" with raffle tickets, signup sheets and trash bags so that may have missed the registration area can be brought into the event.

It would be even better if we had a 4x4 truck with a trailer out there or just a 4x4 truck... to help haul the filled trash bags back to the dumpsters.

Vicki

I would like to help you out with this. I should be able to have a flatbed trailer out there also. If not I will at least have a truck to help out. Let me know.

yeah dude i was jumping my rhino and at it was out of a small bowl and i left for a few mins. to tell my dad to bring his rail to it and when i got back there 5 beer cans still cold some half full and i grabbed them. but why do people do that :pissed: PICK UP YOUR CAMPS!! each piece of trash is just one more reason for the tree hugers to try and shut dumont down

I know what your sayin cuhh i picked up like 10 BOTTLES out at dumont the weekend before prez day i was pissed.Corona bottles i mean how do you get those out there unless you got your cooler. PICK UP YOUR CAMPS GO TANNER LOL