Lost my couzin.... R.I.P

LuggNuttz

thanks bro. I see your point. I mean it took them forever to get there in the first place and then i thought ok then as soon as they get off ehy will rush their a$$ and work on him but they took their precious little time to save him. Thats why i give credit to the guys who tried saving his life... my friends dad was an ex firefighter and did all he could and then the other 2 men helped out as well and they could have just stood around but thats what i call real men. they came in and were the angels for my couzin... I do not blame them at all for not being able 2 bring my couzin back. His injuries were to severe but what mattered most to me is that they still tried their hardest and worked their a$$es off to save my couzin. If you or anyone knows those guys if you can please send me their adress or email so i can thank them again because of their tireless effort.

He was probably in better hands with your friend's dad and the other men. I still can't believe it took them so long to get to the scene. I think this was the accident we came upon on Saturday. The helicopter was already on the scene, if it was the same accident. My husband knows CPR and even has his mouth to mouth device on his quad key ring.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP...........SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS. THAT HAPPENED RIGHT BY MY BUDDIES CAMP. HE SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT THE RANGERS/PRO HELP. THEY DID CPR ON HIM FOR 25 MINUTES UNTIL "HELP" ARRIVED. :pissed: I KNOW ITS BUSY OUT THERE, BUT COME ON! NONE THE LESS, HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE NOW. SORRY FOR YOU LOSS.

Edited by maxdout

Anthony,

Our family will send prayers of strength to you and Omar's family.

It takes a lot of strength to get through losing a loved one so quick.

My brother broke his neck on a quad at 21. We thank God every night that he is still here with us. He just lives a different life now and rides on 2 wheels daily ( a wheel chair ). You just never know God's plan.

Make the most of each day.. hug all you can and enjoy life.

We have learned to live this way.

Just know your sand brother's and sisters - wish you all well.

God Bless,

Cathi, John, Brian and Brenna Begin :)

This was sent to me via PM by duneitup3....evidently he didn't realize that he hit the "report" button and not "reply". I attempted to reply back to him to let him know what happened...being so new his account doesn't accept PM's.

I felt it was important to post since I believe that was his intent and it is very heart felt.

Hi Anthony, my name is Joe. I was one of the guys trying to help your cousin. I was at his head trying to help him breath. I want to say first off how sorry I am that we were unable to keep Omar alive. I wish so badly that he had made it. I had never done anything like before, but I just knew I had to help. My prayers to you and your family. I hope Omar knew that even complete strangers cared enough to do everything we could. I cried when they told me he didn't make it. My email is bmrsdad98@aol.com. Please send me a note every now and again. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Joe

So what am i missing.

The gril is my friend a was wright in scraming for the medic's to take over.

The medic's in the ambulance refused to respond to the finger location??

and it seemed like only a few medical personal were on hand.

This situation really up-set all of us there and seems like we all have the same questions reguarding the response.

Then to see the cops on bikes with no flag's was the iceing on the dunes!

I know it times like this we want to blame others but this shouldent be the case here. Someone bigger then all of us had other plans for him no matter who was there to help. I think we know that there are some good rangers and some not so good ones..In situations like this all the parties involved im sure they think things should have been handled in diffrent a manner. The truth of it is, would he have been saved if helped arrived earlier? things happen for a reason and im hoping we can give Omars family some support in this hard time and not sit here getting him pissed trying to blame someone for his death.

RIP OMAR

Anthony,

May your cousins soul rest in peace. My heart goes out to all of his family and friends. God bless all that came to the rescue. I had a very similar accident on Halloween weekend"02" on a Quad not far from camp. I went off the top of a razorback in the morning about 8:30 bearly breathing when a lady and a man in a dunebuggy showed up. She happened to be a paramedic from B.H. She saved my life. She diagnoced my injury in about 2 minutes. When the ranger arrived 5 min. later she advised him that I was bleeding internally. I was bleeding to death. My Aorta was ruptured from the impact. He made the call for a helicopter from Baker that saved my life. I owe my life to everyone that was there that morning. Anyone who reads this post. I am looking for the lady who found me. It's all about timing and Gods will.

I still ride quads & motorcycles and have made a miraculous recovery. God bless us all.

Clint

This was sent to me via PM by duneitup3....evidently he didn't realize that he hit the "report" button and not "reply". I attempted to reply back to him to let him know what happened...being so new his account doesn't accept PM's.

I felt it was important to post since I believe that was his intent and it is very heart felt.

WOW Gerald, thank you for sharing this with us. Very touching! :laughing:

"I hope Omar knew that even complete strangers cared enough to do everything we could."

We need more people like this in the world today! :drinkbeer::drinkbeer::laughing: :eatdrink021:

WOW Gerald, thank you for sharing this with us. Very touching! :laughoff:

"I hope Omar knew that even complete strangers cared enough to do everything we could."

We need more people like this in the world today! :drinkbeer::laughing::laughing: :eatdrink021:

You are welcome...but it is really Joe who deserves the thanks for being there and answering the call.

I cried when they told me he didn't make it. <--- a testament to his humanity :drinkbeer:

My name is Kris and I was the other one trying to help save your cousin Omar. Joe was administering mouth to mouth and I was doing the compressions as needed. I am really sorry that there wasn't anything else we could do for him...lord knows Joe, your friends uncle and I tried our best. I have been going to the dunes my whole life and have always heard about the tragic accidents that are always happening, but to stumble upon one this last weekend was a real eye opener and I hope I never have to experience that again. I would also like to just clear up a few things that it seems that everyone is writing about. I am a Las Vegas Firefighter with a few years of medical experience, but the Sheriff's are only there to keep order in the crowd and have no medical training. And the "so called paid professionals" out there are not trained as medics, there are simply trained as a first responder, which is only a couple day course to take. That's why when they arrived on scene, and I gave them the status of the patient, I ( the so called civilian) stayed in control of the situation...I had the most training of anyone available. From my understanding, there where as many as nine deaths that weekend and countless other major injuries and the flight for life went out 15+ times, so the Dumont medical staff simply could not keep up with the demand. So for all the people that are upset that the "so called paid professionals" were not doing their job, some of them are not even getting paid, they are there as volunteers and the rest are doing the best they are trained to do.

But back to the main subject...RIP Omar...I wish we could've met under different circumstances.

Kris

Edited by lvfrduner

r.i.p.omar. well miss u buddy. i want to thank all the others that helped my dad(Tim) try to keep him with us that whole time. it means alot. this is awsome how many of u r responding to this tragedy. my prayers r with u omar and i will look up to u every day. take care up there.

thank you everyone who has responded, it really means alot to me and the whole familly. The viewing is tonite and the funeral is 2morrow so its not over yet so keep on praying because it does work. Thank you everyone and I want to plan a trip sometime b4 the summer to do a weekend of riding in his memory.