Lost my couzin.... R.I.P

LuggNuttz

So this was my first time ever to the dunes. I must say the experience gave me mixed emotions. When I first got their on friday night i was amazed at how many people were already there. I got taken to comp hill where I had a blast racing guys and girls up the hill. that night we waited for my couzin to arrive and he did. He had a look of excitement on his face and so was I. So the next day which was saturday we got up and rode all day long. We took a trip to north pole and we were having a blast. We raced up comp hill a few times and that was alot of fun aswell. We finally go back to camp and we decided to jump up one of those hills we were parked next to so we were jumping it with the quad and everything was going smooth until the last jump and the quad nose dived and my couzin hit the bars hard and evn though he was wearing his helmet the impact was just to much for him to take..... I just want to thank all the people that helped him out and tried all they could to keephim alive. It was his time and it was gods decision to take him that day.... I am still in shock and it still really hurts but my advice to anyone who goes riding is to just have fun and be careful and dont take life for granted because just liek that your loved ones can be taken away from you..... My couzin Omar was 21 years young and had his whole life ahead of him.... Now he is Looking down on us and in a better place.... R.I.P Omar and you will never be forgotten... :laughoff:post-2472-1172004027.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. What a terrible experience for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

You're right about being careful! Sometimes people give me a hard time (not my hubby) about being over cautious at the dunes... but you never know!!!

Take care!!!

I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. That is horrible news. My thoughts go out to you and the rest of the family. RIP Omar.

My buddy Tim (OGP) was near the accident on the way over to our camp when it happened. He wasn't sure what the outcome was when he told me about it. All he knew was that they were doing chest compressions on him when he was there. He heard you guys saying "hang in there Omar". Sad to hear what came of it... very sad. :(

So this was my first time ever to the dunes. I must say the experience gave me mixed emotions. When I first got their on friday night i was amazed at how many people were already there. I got taken to comp hill where I had a blast racing guys and girls up the hill. that night we waited for my couzin to arrive and he did. He had a look of excitement on his face and so was I. So the next day which was saturday we got up and rode all day long. We took a trip to north pole and we were having a blast. We raced up comp hill a few times and that was alot of fun aswell. We finally go back to camp and we decided to jump up one of those hills we were parked next to so we were jumping it with the quad and everything was going smooth until the last jump and the quad nose dived and my couzin hit the bars hard and evn though he was wearing his helmet the impact was just to much for him to take..... I just want to thank all the people that helped him out and tried all they could to keephim alive. It was his time and it was gods decision to take him that day.... I am still in shock and it still really hurts but my advice to anyone who goes riding is to just have fun and be careful and dont take life for granted because just liek that your loved ones can be taken away from you..... My couzin Omar was 21 years young and had his whole life ahead of him.... Now he is Looking down on us and in a better place.... R.I.P Omar and you will never be forgotten... :laughoff:post-2472-1172004027.jpg

rest in peace omar.

we are also all still in shock.

This happened in front of our camp

Thank you to guy's for trying to save him.

Still do not understand what all the paid professionals were doing.seens like only a few medic's were on location.