Chevy or Ford

I12RIDE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ever buy the first year of any model or new engine. They push for production so hard that there's always problems.

Example: the 6.4L twinturbo in the '08 fords are snapping crankshafts and they don't know why yet.... Yes it's warranty but who wants to deal with that crap in a new $50+ truck

Don't ever buy the first year of any model or new engine. They push for production so hard that there's always problems.

Example: the 6.4L twinturbo in the '08 fords are snapping crankshafts and they don't know why yet.... Yes it's warranty but who wants to deal with that crap in a new $50+ truck

Not only that, but ford and navistar (ford's diesel builder) are having a betchslapping contest

fords suk bawlz

the big 3 truck wars are over and dodge won perioud end................

if its hot motors chevy wins but dependability and chevrolet thats an oxymoron

thats why the dodge trannys have to be rebuilt every freekin 20-60k

Ive got amost 60k on my chevy. I drive the shait outta it, but take care of it real good too. Im hoping to get at least 250k out of it before it get rid of it

That is a very good point. :laughoff:

NO on first year on any truck or car. :stirthepot:

I don't know what all the hype is with this new two-stage turbo Powerstroke. The new 08 Powerstroke "cranks out a maximum 350 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque."

The Duramax already puts out "365 horsepower @ 3000 rpm

660 lb.-ft. of torque @ 1600 rpm" on the 07 DMax. :stirthepot:

thats why the dodge trannys have to be rebuilt every freekin 20-60k

Ive got amost 60k on my chevy. I drive the shait outta it, but take care of it real good too. Im hoping to get at least 250k out of it before it get rid of it

my dodge just hit 60 k with the same tranny it came out of the factory with and my dodge does the pulling duty of 1 tons

ford vs chevy ? the battle for second place rages on...........................................................

my dodge just hit 60 k with the same tranny it came out of the factory with and my dodge does the pulling duty of 1 tons.

consider yourself lucky then, as EVERYONE I know that has owned, or currently owns a dodge, 03 to 06, has had to have the tranny relplaced at least once

ford vs chevy ? the battle for second place rages on...........................................................

............................................ :mischevious: .................................................

:mischevious:

in YOUR mind :mischevious:

ill pull your ford or your chevy plus whatever your haulin that made your truck croak and bound 4 dirt you better hush your ford got smacked up hard and im on 37s wrapped in crap o you mean ford or chevy,

rumor has it the dmax is getting the ax due to dependability issues........................ :mischevious:

This week I hear you and I will have a rematch (if UPS man hurry's)! :mischevious: Post back how that worked out :mischevious:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

as a chevy owner, I will say this

If I had to buy a ford, it would be a 99-03 PSD 7.2

those motors are proven. just look at how many are still on the road. I only hope that many duramax's are on the road in 4-7 years

7.3 :mischevious: