Chevy or Ford

I12RIDE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now out of all seriousness now how many tow trucks do you see that are chevy and that are ford or even dodge . i really see more fords to the rescue :whistle: :dance:

in all seriousness if everybody drives ford then ill go buy somthing else .if you buy a vehicle soly based on "what everyone is driving' you might as well be a lemming. i certainly hope you wouldnt spend 40 to 50 k of your hard earned money for a vehicle cause everyone else is driving one thats like everyone stopping to look at an accident :dope:

then again as mredgy and his poopy flag :mic: pointed out on me ( you weeney :mic: ) i do run chevy motor in my rail and my boat. but theres nothing better out there so somtimes your stuck i guess........................ :clap:

but on trucks you have poop . poopier , and poopiest. :laughoff::rockwoot: = poopiest

Edited by barefoot bob

I am going to add my opinion cuz you all know opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one but nobody wants to hear them. I love my Ford, I also would love to have a Chevy or Dodge. The Ford was what I found a deal on so I took it. And I have been mostly happy with it since I got it. All trucks have there problem areas. Mine was a weak tranny. But then again the truck has had 39's on it most of its life and wasn't geared. After the new tranny and re-gearing the truck had been issue free except for some maintenence items.

in all seriousness if everybody drives ford then ill go buy somthing else .if you buy a vehicle soly based on "what everyone is driving' you might as well be a lemming. i certainly hope you wouldnt spend 40 to 50 k of your hard earned money for a vehicle cause everyone else is driving one thats like everyone stopping to look at an accident :drunk:

then again as mredgy and his poopy flag :mic: pointed out on me ( you weeney :whistle: ) i do run chevy motor in my rail and my boat. but theres nothing better out there so somtimes your stuck i guess........................ :clap:

but on trucks you have poop . poopier , and poopiest. :mic: :rockwoot: = poopiest

Thank you Bob, and I am still considering the Dodge H.O. :drunk::barf::beerpint::thumb::laughoff: :dance: :dope::beerpint:

I am going to add my opinion cuz you all know opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one but nobody wants to hear them. I love my Ford, I also would love to have a Chevy or Dodge. The Ford was what I found a deal on so I took it. And I have been mostly happy with it since I got it. All trucks have there problem areas. Mine was a weak tranny. But then again the truck has had 39's on it most of its life and wasn't geared. After the new tranny and re-gearing the truck had been issue free except for some maintenence items.

For us, its was the room in the crew cab that sold us and the price too.

Are you kidding? :mic: From the fire dept, to the ambulance trucks, Rail Road. Ford is used. Do your home work... :rockwoot:

homework......why dont you qoute some numbers then? How many private operators that watch there bottom line use each? I think youll find that private commercial operators largely use cummins (ie dodges) because it saves them money that they get to spend on there lives, not there trucks. Not that a goverment agency cares about the bottom line, hell they have tax dollars to fix them. You do know that the cummins is available in the larger trucks right? Besides that when was the last time you saw a firetruck with a lot of miles? Or tow something? Or an ambulance tow anything? I see railroad service trucks towing all the time too. Despite that you should now that goverment vehicles are chosen based 99% on the deal, not what they get , cause no one knows a dam thing about them.

On the other responce, about tow trucks......ah yea, did you notice that them big fords tend to rattle like a cummins? The repo guys use fords mostly caus ethey are quieter. Although its funny, I know some repo companies that have lots of trucks, (fords and chevies) and they call me for the big items. I go out about twice a month for big things.

Its funny that the cummins is available in the medium duty trucks but the light duty owners argu against it.

Does anyone remember what this topic was about anyways? LVKC20 just wanted some input on the new Ford or the new Chevy because he was buying one....and since he started the topic...he bought one already! :mic:

This has quickly turned into another stupid truck chit talk thread about Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. You all know your opinions about your Ford, Chevy, OR Dodge won't matter to the guy that has the opposite truck right? :whistle:

:rockwoot:

Does anyone remember what this topic was about anyways? LVKC20 just wanted some input on the new Ford or the new Chevy because he was buying one....and since he started the topic...he bought one already! :jester:

This has quickly turned into another stupid truck chit talk thread about Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. You all know your opinions about your Ford, Chevy, OR Dodge won't matter to the guy that has the opposite truck right? :woo_hoo:

:bs:

it seems every thread turns into sh*t talk nowadays..

it seems every thread turns into sh*t talk nowadays..

:flipoff::dope: :jester: yeah...sometimes. Should we add a new rule? :bs: If there is more than 2 pages of sh*t talk in a non-sh*t talk labeled thread- it gets closed. :woo_hoo: How else do we control it so the site doesn't go to chit?

:dope::dope: :jester: yeah...sometimes. Should we add a new rule? :bs: If there is more than 2 pages of sh*t talk in a non-sh*t talk labeled thread- it gets closed. :woo_hoo: How else do we control it so the site doesn't go to chit?

new rule: stop talking sh*t :flipoff: just kidding :D

Does anyone remember what this topic was about anyways? LVKC20 just wanted some input on the new Ford or the new Chevy because he was buying one....and since he started the topic...he bought one already! :woo_hoo:

This has quickly turned into another stupid truck chit talk thread about Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. You all know your opinions about your Ford, Chevy, OR Dodge won't matter to the guy that has the opposite truck right? :dope:

:flipoff:

lol dont be so cynicle cinicle sinicle doh !! whatever you know what i mean :dope:

nobodies mad or upset and its nice just to express an opinion and enjoy....... :bs:

everybody want s to be heard occasionaly......................... :jester:

lol dont be so cynicle cinicle sinicle doh !! whatever you know what i mean :woo_hoo:

nobodies mad or upset and its nice just to express an opinion and enjoy....... :bs:

I think what they're talking about is the fact that we have a truck sh!t talk thread already....

Click here to talk all the chit you want about your truck.....

It was created to keep the rest of the forum from going to chit.......

homework......why dont you qoute some numbers then? How many private operators that watch there bottom line use each? I think youll find that private commercial operators largely use cummins (ie dodges) because it saves them money that they get to spend on there lives, not there trucks. Not that a goverment agency cares about the bottom line, hell they have tax dollars to fix them. You do know that the cummins is available in the larger trucks right? Besides that when was the last time you saw a firetruck with a lot of miles? Or tow something? Or an ambulance tow anything? I see railroad service trucks towing all the time too. Despite that you should now that goverment vehicles are chosen based 99% on the deal, not what they get , cause no one knows a dam thing about them.

On the other responce, about tow trucks......ah yea, did you notice that them big fords tend to rattle like a cummins? The repo guys use fords mostly caus ethey are quieter. Although its funny, I know some repo companies that have lots of trucks, (fords and chevies) and they call me for the big items. I go out about twice a month for big things.

Its funny that the cummins is available in the medium duty trucks but the light duty owners argu against it.

You really need to get informed. I think someone else already said the same thing I did. :jester:

lol dont be so cynicle cinicle sinicle doh !! whatever you know what i mean :dope:

nobodies mad or upset and its nice just to express an opinion and enjoy....... :woo_hoo:

:blink::bs: Damn... I guess now I added to the bs in this thread too. :dope::dope::dope::flipoff:

and yeah...what cmyfirepole said

:dope::dope::bs: yeah...sometimes. Should we add a new rule? :woo_hoo: If there is more than 2 pages of sh*t talk in a non-sh*t talk labeled thread- it gets closed. :flipoff: How else do we control it so the site doesn't go to chit?

Do like you did with the "Apple Valley" one. I thought it was a GREAT idea. Stopped it didn't it?

UPDATE: Found it

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...sh\*t+talk

See ya there :jester:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

well, you know, its kinda like this .you get into a certain spot and the conversation is flowing and you dont want to get up cause as soon as you do the moment is gone . same with this .move the thread it loses its magic and off it goes somewhere else . :bs:

its the same ole regurgitated stuff but its fun to play with so you keep going back :jester: :woo_hoo:

You really need to get informed. I think someone else already said the same thing I did. :jester:

Im trying but all you tell me, is get informed (in an insulting manner), but not much else even though I ask for specifics? Ill just stay in my bubble I guess, Ill have to suffer with my 200+K mile truck. All I said was they are all good, sorry I offened anyone.

The worse part about my truck, Ive replaced a lot of tires.

You really need to get informed. I think someone else already said the same thing I did.

Im trying but all you tell me, is get informed (in an insulting manner), but not much else even though I ask for specifics? Ill just stay in my bubble I guess, Ill have to suffer with my 200+K mile truck. All I said was they are all good, sorry I offened anyone.

The worse part about my truck, Ive replaced a lot of tires.

lol 1320 ask him where is tranny is ................................. :mc_smiley: :grin::ban-split: :mc_smiley:

Edited by barefoot bob

lol 1320 ask him where is tranny is ................................. :grin::ban-split: :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

I help him out (made his DB faster) and he rips me... :mc_smiley: :woo_hoo: I didn't realize how heavy his Dodge was when I pulled him home. He said it wasn't heavy.

is he having problems with his tranny??? is he gonna make it to pissmo?

:mc_smiley:

I'm working on it. It's at the dealer as we speak. They put me in front of 3 people to get it in. Insurance company wants a partial tear down.