Was Considering the new WW FT 40 ft 3 slide out

Ross and Alice

Yeah no shiat. :thumb: I don't like those huge toyhauler's with the garages in the back. Like you said, Dime Store Hood, you can only fit like 2 quads in there. :laughoff: If your gonna buy a big one, I'd get a GearBox like rhino king bought. :laughoff: You could fit a small buggy, 2 or 3 quads and maybe 1 m/c or kids quad in that thing. :laughoff: AND it has a big slide out! :D One of the best layouts I've seen yet in a big toyhauler w/ a slideout yet.

You better have a SEMI to haul that thing its gonna be HEAVY...

I kid you not,, honestly,, you could show up in a f 150 6 cylinder, or even a Tacoma, and I wouldn't be surprised if they told you: "Yeah,, it'll handle it".

really,,,

Sleeps 10 people,, but can handle 2 (maybe) quads,, yeah,, that oughta work.

I have 5 quads,, and am waiting on the new Rhino,,,,

Maybe look closer at Gearbox,,,,,, then I can keep my existing truck too.

Patience time and thought,,, the best way to move into this.

That's a very nice rig Ross. Does WW offer that unit without the garage? Since you have 5 quads, you'll need something without a garage.

I like our garage, but we only have 3 quads. Our garage is 12' long so it can fit our 3 quads, 3 coolers, and all our riding gear and tools. I keep the inside door closed when towing and open the roof vent to let any gas/oil smell out.

That's a very nice rig Ross. Does WW offer that unit without the garage? Since you have 5 quads, you'll need something without a garage.

I like our garage, but we only have 3 quads. Our garage is 12' long so it can fit our 3 quads, 3 coolers, and all our riding gear and tools. I keep the inside door closed when towing and open the roof vent to let any gas/oil smell out.

Yea,, I'll have to get serious with them and perhaps they'll build it without the garage, or something similar.

An aluminum roll up door would work like in my trucks at work.

We're just learning,,

I'm retiring soon, and want to get something awsum with lots of room because our trips will be of epic lengths of times.

I don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong unit.

Fleetwood is introducing a new line of Toyboxes called Redline this April, so we'll wait to see what that brings to market.

The WW rep bragged they've sold 95 site-unseen of the FT like I pictured above,, but then quickly cut $25.000 off the price, and loaded up the unit too.

I've heard that a removable carpet will draw out the gas odors as well, by removing it when you camp,, then replacing it and rolling the quads in on top.

Wives tale or fact???

I've heard that a removable carpet will draw out the gas odors as well, by removing it when you camp,, then replacing it and rolling the quads in on top.

Wives tale or fact???

Is it just me or does anybody else have no problem w/ the gas odors? I have had my Raptor & buggy in the toyhauler Since Saturday (now Thurs) and no gas odors at all. :huh:

I have seen that trailer in person and it's very impressive. You can also add up to 5' to the garage if you want.

As far gas smell in the trailer I have never had a problem as long as you turn the gas off on the bikes. I roll my carpet up every time I put the bikes in so I have never had a problem with it staying in the carpet.

Be careful with Fleetwood products. I think they make a nice trailer but there customer service leaves a little to be desired. It took us a year and a half to settle a problem on my last trailer that was a Gear Box.

I have a buddy that has a 12' garage in his toyhauler. He fits 3 full size quads and 2 90's(stood up). His biggest complaint is how friggin heavy it is to tow. As someone who started out hauling a 40' Alfa Toyhouse with a F350 4 dr long bed and finally after 2 yrs realizing that it was way to much trailer and to little truck I bought a Freightliner fl60 tow rig. Let me tell you from a safety and libality point of view it was the best thing I ever did. Sales people will tell you anything but remember that in an emergency stop it's just going to be you and your family in the truck. Having seen articles and reading about overweight towing I had to look beyond immediate need and look at the long run and protecting the people who mean the most to you along with everything that you have accumulated over the years. Lawsuits can reach deep! So to cut it short, be careful when making the decision to buy these "monster" toyhaulers.

I have a buddy that has a 12' garage in his toyhauler. He fits 3 full size quads and 2 90's(stood up). His biggest complaint is how friggin heavy it is to tow. As someone who started out hauling a 40' Alfa Toyhouse with a F350 4 dr long bed and finally after 2 yrs realizing that it was way to much trailer and to little truck I bought a Freightliner fl60 tow rig. Let me tell you from a safety and libality point of view it was the best thing I ever did. Sales people will tell you anything but remember that in an emergency stop it's just going to be you and your family in the truck. Having seen articles and reading about overweight towing I had to look beyond immediate need and look at the long run and protecting the people who mean the most to you along with everything that you have accumulated over the years. Lawsuits can reach deep! So to cut it short, be careful when making the decision to buy these "monster" toyhaulers.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I used to tow my toyhauler loaded up to 9500 lbs w/ my half ton! :huh: It did pretty darn well, but after towing w/ my new 3500, I can easily say I will never do it again. Too much on the line if something ever happens. I never got a blow-out or got into any "hairy" situations that would have required a bigger truck to pull thorugh safely. Thank God for that. These heavy trailers tow pretty good considering their weight and most of us get pretty comfortable towing them. Definitley need to still pay attention to safety w/ these things.

I have seen that trailer in person and it's very impressive. You can also add up to 5' to the garage if you want.

As far gas smell in the trailer I have never had a problem as long as you turn the gas off on the bikes. I roll my carpet up every time I put the bikes in so I have never had a problem with it staying in the carpet.

Be careful with Fleetwood products. I think they make a nice trailer but there customer service leaves a little to be desired. It took us a year and a half to settle a problem on my last trailer that was a Gear Box.

I've owned several Fleetwoods and Customer service has never come through for us.

The owners brochure says the number to call,, then they ask "Why are you calling us with this problem?"

But then, my neighbor has a WW and is going through the same thing.

Wives tale or fact???

I wouldn't roll the quads on top the carpet, just because is something does leak, it won't ruin the carpet. The flooring they use in the garage area is pretty good stuff, just wipe the spill up and go.

Is it just me or does anybody else have no problem w/ the gas odors? I have had my Raptor & buggy in the toyhauler Since Saturday (now Thurs) and no gas odors at all. :huh:

I don't have a problem with gas odors in mine either. Plus, I don't keep my quads in the RV all the time, only when I'm heading out the desert. I figure that when I'm driving out, I'll keep the air moving in the garage area just incase something were to happen.

Plus, the wife keep a lot of smell good stuff all over the RV :D

Mines not a toy hauler but it is enclosed and I leave the buggy,raptor and 250r in it along with 55 gallon drums,gas cans and other odor causing items and have never had a problem.

Except for Vp racing fuel U2 and U4 oxygenated fuels.The smell doesnt go away with these.Even if they are sealed tight. The smell comes out the exhaust of the bike. :huh:

ya ask zoink about his ww,every body has a problem. no toy box is perfect. If you like the hauler who cares what every one else thinks.I personaly haved own two gear boxes made by fleet :huh: wood and havent had a major problem,after pulling a 38 footer, I would not go past that. I heard there coming out with a 42 footer now thats getting up there,as for saftey I have the right treads,hitch and air bags and the most important thing while im towing is saftey.one more thing every year there is something new like my gear box,next year, the redline its never ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!who can keep up, oh ya fleetwood also makes those diesel pushers dont they! :hello:

ya ask zoink about his ww,every body has a problem. no toy box is perfect. If you like the hauler who cares what every one else thinks.I personaly haved own two gear boxes made by fleet :thumb: wood and havent had a major problem,after pulling a 38 footer, I would not go past that. I heard there coming out with a 42 footer now thats getting up there,as for saftey I have the right treads,hitch and air bags and the most important thing while im towing is saftey.one more thing every year there is something new like my gear box,next year, the redline its never ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!who can keep up, oh ya fleetwood also makes those diesel pushers dont they! :thumb:

I agree 100% with you. You will have problems with what ever you buy and I think thats sad considering the money we spend on these units. It's all about how the company treats you after the sale.

This is why I am thinking of just keeping my ol 02 p.o.s Baja instead of biting the bullet for an expensive a$$ (but nice) new toyhauler. It works pretty good and has quite a bt of cargo space considering it's 24ft size. The price is also alot nicer than a new one. I don't owe much left on it. :thumb:

so this seems to be a toy hauler info page. i am considering buying something in the 23-26ft range? my main concern is fitting 4 adult size quads without a hassle. i have 2 adult and 2 childrens right now but if im gonna buy i would rather plan for when my kids advance to larger bikes and then im not buyin bigger bikes and a bigger hauler. i have heard about problems with weak floors,axles, walls and other b.s. any suggestions on what brands to look at or stay away from. i hate dealing with salesman trying to hook something up to your truck before the papers are signed. they dont get it when you tell them you are only trying to look right now and not buy. since you guys have a variety i thought what the heck why not ask.

I've been looking at new toy haulers and man what a difference between manufactures for quality,options and floorplans. I saw a trailer yesterday I really like. It's a 2007 Vortex 304FB for $25,995. It has all the bells and whistles except for a TV but it has a place in the cabinet for a 25" TV. My advice to buying a toy hauler would be figure out what kind of cargo space you need first. Then look at what kind of vehicle you are going to be towing with. then look at what floorplan you can use or like. Also, if you go somewhere and the salesman pressures you, I say just walk away. There are alot of trailers that need to be sold elsewhere with salesman that are there to help and not be pushy.

By the way, last year Weekend Warrior sold the most units followed closely by Attitude.

Edited by Don29palms

yeah i think we are going to go to giant rv in colton on sunday just something to do. im not sure when i will get one but want to start getting info and prices. salesman that are pushy suck donkey nuts i realize thats how they make a living but come on i bought my last 2 cars from a salesman i told i was only looking he left me alone and let me test drive whatever i asked without trying to even make a sale.

I don't know where you are at but Banning Discount RV is a real good place to go.They will show you all the trailers they have if you want and seem to be friendly and knowledgeable.My brother bought his Attitude toy hauler there and had a good experience with them.