Cleanup is 1 week away!

dinicolady

<snip>DDR isn't gonna be the only group out there, so I'm really curious how smooth the sign-up portion of the event is going to be, or NOT!

I wonder if there's a way to have a "side" table set up for DDR? I'd wager this group will have the overwhelming presence of the day. The BLM clean-ups I've been on locally had volunteers doing the sign-ups and admin type stuff too. A couple DDR folks staffing a DDR table for sign-up might enable a DDR specific line.buried.gif I dunno, it's early, and I've not finished my first cup of coffee yet.smiley_drinkcoffee.gif

edit >>> I'm only referring to sign-ups here...not tickets or bag counting.

Edited by PinzEOD

I wonder if there's a way to have a "side" table set up for DDR? I'd wager this group will have the overwhelming presence of the day. The BLM clean-ups I've been on locally had volunteers doing the sign-ups and admin type stuff too. A couple DDR folks staffing a DDR table for sign-up might enable a DDR specific line.buried.gif I dunno, it's early, and I've not finished my first cup of coffee yet.smiley_drinkcoffee.gif

That sounds good to me. I would be more than happy to work at the table.

As the person who ran the dumpster end of the cleaup last year the best thing for DDR to do is have everyone bring their tickets to one person to be counted. If DDR is handing out the tickets and wins the most bags collected how many people will call foul.

I was in charge of remote pick up stations at the Glamis Cleanup for 2 years, but Dumont is small enough that I don't think we need it, just my 2 cents. :laughoff::headbang1: B)

COOL!! Yup, we're leaving on Thurs. too, but not 'til about 3:00. Gotta wait 'til school lets out since we're letting them ditch on Friday. It would be nice to hook up for some :laughoff: come on over!!

P.S. We met you on the Sperry Wash run, but not the wifey, remember? :D

I remember :laughoff: w/you. I'm going to finnish that ride on friday. This is the wifeys and the kids first time to dumont. I posted that here, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ost&p=59621

I'm not sure where we will camp. Vegas Style is working, and not going to come out untill Sat if he makes it at all, so we'll be looking for friendly faces. :laughoff::headbang1:

I remember :dance: w/you. I'm going to finnish that ride on friday. This is the wifeys and the kids first time to dumont. I posted that here, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ost&p=59621

I'm not sure where we will camp. Vegas Style is working, and not going to come out untill Sat if he makes it at all, so we'll be looking for friendly faces. :dunno: :freakin_nuts:

I'm not exactly sure yet where we'll be camped either. We're easy to spot tho. Big arse blue Ford duelly towing a big arse Tahoe Transport fiver with this on it!!

dumontwinterbreak_026.jpg

Just bought a new camera last night, so we're gonna get a better pic done soon and replace the crappy one in the rig thread. :bs:

I wonder if there's a way to have a "side" table set up for DDR? I'd wager this group will have the overwhelming presence of the day. The BLM clean-ups I've been on locally had volunteers doing the sign-ups and admin type stuff too. A couple DDR folks staffing a DDR table for sign-up might enable a DDR specific line.

edit >>> I'm only referring to sign-ups here...not tickets or bag counting.

:freakin_nuts: That is a very interesting idea!! This is my 1st cleanup trip, so I do not know how "they" work it out. Sounds as if it could make sign-up move along quicker, that's fo sho! :dunno:

As the person who ran the dumpster end of the cleaup last year the best thing for DDR to do is have everyone bring their tickets to one person to be counted. If DDR is handing out the tickets and wins the most bags collected how many people will call foul.

I was in charge of remote pick up stations at the Glamis Cleanup for 2 years, but Dumont is small enough that I don't think we need it, just my 2 cents. :dunno: :freakin_nuts: B)

Just to clarify, does this mean you handed out the raffle tickets at the dumpster for each bag deposited?? 'Cause that is really our biggest concern right now, is how to get the tickets to everyone. We're hoping to have a bag count as we go along, a running tally so to speak.

To quote Sailaway:

If it was me, I'd decide on a very specific spot where everyone in the group places their filled bags. Use a magic marker to number them maybe or just have someone "log them in" as they're dropped off (we'll work out a way for them to get the raffle tickets too).

We'd like to have a few drop points, to make it easier for peeps to drop and run back out for more. (So far PLENTY of volunteers for vehicle use! Thanx a bunch guys & gals!!) Already planned on using mailing labels to mark the bags for DDR (easy to see/read) and "log them in" using the screename (raffle ticket purposes). It would only take 1 person per vehicle to keep a log and we would total up the count in the end when we deliver the filled bags to the dumpster.

Edited by dinicolady

Given some of the responses about having (or not having) tickets at the drop off locations, I think this is the best idea. I think we will need at last 3 or 4 peeps at the table just in case we get swamped at the last minute with everyone. I still think we need to have the different drop off locations throughout the dunes to make hauling easier and at least it will keep all the bags together for counting at the end. Kelly, what do you think? You want to man this table with me and we'll get a couple more? I still think everyone that is helping with trucks, etc. needs to meet at the main site early so we can point who goes where and coordinate. Do you want me to post that? Or do you think we should do something different??

Give me a call if you want!! :freakin_nuts: :dunno:

Yeah Tiff, this may be the way to go!! We can't make anything definate until we hear from Vicki, she'll be back in town tomorrow (Monday) and maybe she'll work with us on some of these points. I'll give you (and Jackie) a call this evening, have to go to a birthday party this afternoon. :D

Just to clarify, does this mean you handed out the raffle tickets at the dumpster for each bag deposited?? 'Cause that is really our biggest concern right now, is how to get the tickets to everyone. We're hoping to have a bag count as we go along, a running tally so to speak.

Yes, That is how it was done :dunno: :freakin_nuts: B)

I was in charge of remote pick up stations at the Glamis Cleanup for 2 years, but Dumont is small enough that I don't think we need it, just my 2 cents. :bs: :freakin_nuts: B)

I agree with Jon. ^^

Besides let's not make it anymore complicated than it has to be. :dance: :dunno:

Me,Hubby and the kids are going to try to make it for the day as we still have no trailer.I have to see how many people are calling for appt. with me on sat.If I am not to busy and can change them for sun.,than we will be there and help anyway we can.We will be in the truck if needed.If we can't make it than I will be cheering from vegas,and can't wait to hear the outcome. :thumb:

By the way if we do go,what time do we need to leave vegas to be able to make it to dumont on time?

To quote Ynot on more than one occasion... let's stick with the KISS principle and Keep It Simple Silly. :D

When you register for the cleanup let the cleanup volunteer know you're with a group... there will be a clipboard handy for tracking purposes.

As you turn in a bag of trash, let whoever is manning the dumpsters know that you're with a particular group (the dumpster volunteer will have an index card for each group). We'll have separate piles for each group and your bag will go in that pile and you'll be given a raffle ticket and a mark will be made on the index card for your group.

If we do it right, counting tickets won't be necessary and everyone will be able to enjoy lunch and the raffle.

Vicki

To quote Ynot on more than one occasion... let's stick with the KISS principle and Keep It Simple Silly. :D

When you register for the cleanup let the cleanup volunteer know you're with a group... there will be a clipboard handy for tracking purposes.

As you turn in a bag of trash, let whoever is manning the dumpsters know that you're with a particular group (the dumpster volunteer will have an index card for each group). We'll have separate piles for each group and your bag will go in that pile and you'll be given a raffle ticket and a mark will be made on the index card for your group.

If we do it right, counting tickets won't be necessary and everyone will be able to enjoy lunch and the raffle.

Vicki

yup..once again :clap::clap::clap::clap: except it should be KISS...Keep It Simple STUPID :dunno: :dunce:

Check it out...I can't wait. Word has it that there is gonna be a DDR VIP hospitality tent. :laughing::offtopic::ninja::slap::laughoff::laughoff:

how many people usually go out on this clean up weekend? :offtopic:

I don't know about overall attendance, but I can say that the cleanup attendance has been growing every year.

I personally believe our estimate of 1000 people for this year will turn out to be low.

Vicki

Just a suggestion, there are a couple different suggestions going on in this post and in the "How it works" post. Can we combine them so no one gets confused. I am willing to count bags, label bags, pass out raffle tickets, sign ups, etc. My feet don't work as good as they used to so the less walking I have to do the better. But use me wherever. If anybody wants to start any other organizing call me. pm me and I'll give you my number.

Just a suggestion, there are a couple different suggestions going on in this post and in the "How it works" post. Can we combine them so no one gets confused. I am willing to count bags, label bags, pass out raffle tickets, sign ups, etc. My feet don't work as good as they used to so the less walking I have to do the better. But use me wherever. If anybody wants to start any other organizing call me. pm me and I'll give you my number.

I won't combine the 2 topics because they are two completely different topics. The "how it works thread was intended to educate duners how the cleanup as whole works as it is put on by Friends of Dumont Dunes. I think you are confusing that topic and the newest question everyone seems to have of "how are we gonna count all of DDR's bags?". That has been taken care of by FoDD as they are asking people if they are with a group as they sign up and throw away there trash bags. Let's not make that of a big issue.

We appreciate everyone's help and energy devoted to such a thing but it has been taken care of. :thumbsdown: