Cleanup is 1 week away!

dinicolady

As the topic states, cleanup week is fast approaching!! We need to get an idea of how many people are willing to offer the use of their truck and/or flatbed trailer for use as a trash drop-off point. (We will then figure out where to park everyone and who will man the sites.) I think we need to spread out a bit so that it is easier for everyone to get to and from to drop off trash bags. A quad, 2-wheeler, etc., can only carry so much. At each site, someone will mark the bags for DDR and jot down the screename for the raffle ticket.

So who is in??

Edited by dinicolady

Obviously I'm in and I'm sure that Wingnut will volunteer too!!! Julie & Cole will be with us too, so I'll ask if they want to pitch in. I'm bringing a ton labels and black markers so we can keep track of the DDR bags. Let me know what else we need to bring. :surrender: :no_no:

I was just rereading the topic about the cleanup and "how it works". Cole volunteered his 4x4 and trailer for a group attack. I know Mike (PinzEOD) did the same and he and Davey already decided he's gonna be out by the S. pole. Others also offered, minurbiz I believe, and a couple more. I liked your idea on some other places to park. Anyone wanna volunteer for the N. pole? A 4x4 could get there the back way. Definately need someone out at Comp hill! The little dunes is another good place, but for some reason I have noticed there is not as much trash out that way. We go there just to play, so maybe it's worse near the camping area?? I know lots of folks just planning on being there to clean up trash, and at the raffle too! Let's hear it guys and gals, who's in?? :clap::rules::D

You know me dear I will do what ever you tell me and be where ever you tell me as allways :no_no:

:rules: :no_no: :clap: :surrender:

I know, I know, such a good hubby you are!! :blury:

Don't forget the labels and if you have any clipboards hanging around we can "borrow". :laughoff:

i'm there also!!!glad to help :D

I knew I could count on you!! :D

Im open to help anyway I can. I need to talk with Vicki, I offered my help for signing people up. =)

You too!! That's a GOOD idea, I wasn't there last year so I have no idea how crazy that'll get. Sounds like there's gonna be a HUGE turn out tho, just from this site alone!! :clap:

8:00 to 11:00 doesn't sound like a whole lot of time to sign-up, gather the garbage, log it, and get the raffle tickets to everyone who's earned them. I posted a question to Vicki about the tickets, if she doesn't reply to the post I'll pm her. My idea was to have some tickets at each of our drop sites to hand out as the trash comes in. I :rules: how FODD will feel about that. We shall see. :D

:surrender:

I will volunteer to man a drop off site if needed. I dont have a truck or anything and would be picking up trash on my quad or hopping in with someone, so use me where ever I am needed.

Thanks Kristin!! We'll take you up on that fo sho!! :clap:

Ooops, spelled your name wrong...fixed it!!

Edited by dinicolady

You might be able to make it way easier if you just had one or two people at the dumpster with a clipboard and just asked every person that turns in a bag if they are from DDR and how many bags they have. The truck and trailer thing might be a good idea to get them from the dunes area over to the dumpster but all the people that threw there bags on the trailer and in the trucks will have to stick with them or follow them over to the dumpster so they could get there raffle tickets. That seems like the easiest method.

You might be able to make it way easier if you just had one or two people at the dumpster with a clipboard and just asked every person that turns in a bag if they are from DDR and how many bags they have. The truck and trailer thing might be a good idea to get them from the dunes area over to the dumpster but all the people that threw there bags on the trailer and in the trucks will have to stick with them or follow them over to the dumpster so they could get there raffle tickets. That seems like the easiest method.

Yeah, as of right now, getting the raffle tickets to the rightful owners is the only "problem area". Either way, seperate drop sites or the big dumpster, we can log the screename (too many same 1st names on here) for each bag they turn in. Easy enough to tally up the total bags turned in by DDR as a whole.

The first year I was out there for the clean up everybody in my camp threw the trash bags in the back of my truck and I turned them in and then split the tickets up. They all won prizes cept me! The easiest way and not to get to techanical here is that the more people collecting instead of keeping track of bags etc. the more trash get's picked up. I agree with Pete that if you just have someone either keep track at the dumpster or as the clean up portion ends all the DDR people get together and count all the raffle tickets they have. That will give you a simple way of doing this and a good chance of winning both the trophy's and raffle prizes.

I know, I know, such a good hubby you are!! :hug:

Don't forget the labels and if you have any clipboards hanging around we can "borrow". :beercheers:

Too bad he doesn't bring some of those endearing qualities to work with him.7_17_4.gif

Also, Craig and I will use our truck for the North Pole. Maybe Cole can use his truck and trailer at Comp?? Seems like we have plenty of help at this point. Maybe all those helping should meet at the main site at 7:30 a.m. to figure out who goes where?? :hug:

Great minds think alike!! :beercheers: I was thinking the same thing, get an early start getting everyone settled in. It would be REALLY cool if we got together Friday night to shore up plans.

Does the sign in start right at 8:00, or is there some leeway on that? Sounds time consuming.

The first year I was out there for the clean up everybody in my camp threw the trash bags in the back of my truck and I turned them in and then split the tickets up. They all won prizes cept me! The easiest way and not to get to techanical here is that the more people collecting instead of keeping track of bags etc. the more trash get's picked up. I agree with Pete that if you just have someone either keep track at the dumpster or as the clean up portion ends all the DDR people get together and count all the raffle tickets they have. That will give you a simple way of doing this and a good chance of winning both the trophy's and raffle prizes.

The whole point about having designated drop sites strategically placed is so that peeps have more time to collect and will spend less time riding back and forth to the main dumpsters. Only so much trash can be carried on quads, bikes, etc. at a time. Rhinos have a definant advantage! Plus, we're only talking 1 person per spot.

The whole point about having designated drop sites strategically placed is so that peeps have more time to collect and will spend less time riding back and forth to the main dumpsters. Only so much trash can be carried on quads, bikes, etc. at a time. Rhinos have a definant advantage! Plus, we're only talking 1 person per spot.

Strategically....ya know...that's one of my favorite words...right up there with "impale" and "free".

Anyways...let's not get too technical and too over-planned...a fluid, flexible scenario is going to be a ton of fun...and the results will be grand. It seems we have plenty peeps with hands up...and plenty peeps for hands-on, we'll get-er-done and maybe snag a trophy and our 15 minutes of fame in the process. Any day I'm not breathing city air is a good day.

It's like the story of the slender palm and the mighty oak...however...words fail me now...and you should thank me for that.th13_4_101.gif

Dinicolady...make sure Davey keeps a decent amount of wood on the fire...so I can find you guys Friday night. Remember...that's not not a fire....smiley_burnup.gifnow THAT'S a fire.

My wife and I are willing to help :banghead: i'll have my 4x4, and she could help log in or man the fort, whatever is needed. :laughing: we are going to get there on Thursday around 3pm, I hope we can get togeather for TT :laughing: around 7pm that night.

Edited by Mr.BrownSand

I jsut posted mine under the event topic. I will stage my truck near comp. Just let me know. I have no problem with doing so. I think the idea of them giving the drop off points tickets to hand out and log would be a great idea.

My wife and I are willing to help :banghead: i'll have my 4x4, and she could help log in or man the fort, whatever is needed. :laughing: we are going to get there on Thursday around 3pm, I hope we can get togeather for TT :laughing: around 7pm that night.

COOL!! Yup, we're leaving on Thurs. too, but not 'til about 3:00. Gotta wait 'til school lets out since we're letting them ditch on Friday. It would be nice to hook up for some :laughing: come on over!!

P.S. We met you on the Sperry Wash run, but not the wifey, remember? :D

I jsut posted mine under the event topic. I will stage my truck near comp. Just let me know. I have no problem with doing so. I think the idea of them giving the drop off points tickets to hand out and log would be a great idea.

Thanks Jay!! It sure would make it really easy if we get to do it that way. Everyone would have their raffle tickets in hand already. Then all that would be left to do is truck the trash to the big dumpster, tally the total bags collected, and head over for the raffle drawing and lunch. :banghead:

Strategically....ya know...that's one of my favorite words...right up there with "impale" and "free".

Anyways...let's not get too technical and too over-planned...a fluid, flexible scenario is going to be a ton of fun...and the results will be grand. It seems we have plenty peeps with hands up...and plenty peeps for hands-on, we'll get-er-done and maybe snag a trophy and our 15 minutes of fame in the process. Any day I'm not breathing city air is a good day.

Dinicolady...make sure Davey keeps a decent amount of wood on the fire...so I can find you guys Friday night. Remember...that's not not a fire....smiley_burnup.gifnow THAT'S a fire.

:banghead: I actually looked that one up in the dictionary to make sure I had it spelled right! :laughing:

Yep, I agree, trying to keep it easy so DDR gets the credit for the total bags collected and peeps get the raffle tickets they're entitled to. Not to mention, Dumont gets the good cleaning it is SO in need of and deserves!!

Rest assured, there will be plenty of fire!! He's at his bro's house as I type, chopping away, with help from a chainsaw of course! :laughing:

DDR isn't gonna be the only group out there, so I'm really curious how smooth the sign-up portion of the event is going to be, or NOT!

Edited by dinicolady