Much Thanks to...

dunefreak

I would like to personally thank the following people for doing such a great job making the cleanup happen this year. I just noticed alot of help from many people that went out of there way to help this year that deserve some credit...

-SailAway (Vicki) for representing & leading Friends of Dumont Dunes. You did a great job helping getting the cleanup together and working with the BLM. You do an excellent job of basically being "our voice for Dumont Dunes."

-ynot (Terry) for all your hard work you put in getting the raffle prizes rounded up and for standing in the sun for hours reading off raffle ticket after raffle ticket. You make a good mc. :laughing::D

-Sandemon (Jon) and wife, Carl, Brian, b370 (Walt) and Mike330R for helping set things up, logging trash bags, distributing raffle items, putting in hours in the sun, etc.

-SinCityBlondie, dinicolady, and sandqueen for helping Vicki out with registration and the t-shirt line

-Wsky70 for supplying that PA system :laughing: That was MUCH better than last year!

-the Barstow BLM for feeding about a thousand people :laughing: :smoker:

-Crowdog for taking some great pics from the cleanup (I haven't seen them yet, but I know they'll be good :D )

-Steve from SandCrazd Clothing for making some really sweet Cleanup event t-shirts

-cymyfirepole (Gerald) for holding the fort down here on DDR while all other moderators and admins were out at Dumont. :laughing::beercheers::unsure: :bash: (I still wish you could have made it out though)

-last but not least....each very one of you from DDR and everyone else whether they are registered on DDR or not. I think it was really cool seeing everyone out there picking up trash and coming together as a dune community to do something good for Dumont despite the very high temps we saw this weekend at Dumont.

There were also so many people that stepped up and donated their hard earned dollars for raffle prizes and also items from them or their companies. There are too many to list, but thank you! You all know who you are. :dance:

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. :laughing:

well i stole 25 bucks from you but ill be sure to get it back to you one way or the other :D While unloading my bike i found some walmart bags with you guessed it 20/50 full synthetic in my floorboards LOL ill be sure to drop them off to you later this week :D

well i stole 25 bucks from you but ill be sure to get it back to you one way or the other :D While unloading my bike i found some walmart bags with you guessed it 20/50 full synthetic in my floorboards LOL ill be sure to drop them off to you later this week :D

:beercheers: :smoker:

I was wondering where the hell that oil was. :bash: :unsure: No biggie, dude.

Thank you Pete, for the nice words and thank you everyone for all the wonderful help to make this a record-breaking cleanup!

It was a great time, and would not have come off nearly as well without all the excellent help we had.

Speaking of help... I need to hear from the ladies who saved my backside by running the registration and t-shirt booth like professionals. We need to get names and addresses of the hands-on volunteers to keep the paperwork in order. :beercheers:

Please, all my life-savers, please send me an email or a PM.

Vicki

Thank you Pete, for the nice words and thank you everyone for all the wonderful help to make this a record-breaking cleanup!

It was a great time, and would not have come off nearly as well without all the excellent help we had.

Speaking of help... I need to hear from the ladies who saved my backside by running the registration and t-shirt booth like professionals. We need to get names and addresses of the hands-on volunteers to keep the paperwork in order. :beercheers:

Please, all my life-savers, please send me an email or a PM.

Vicki

You are VERY welcome and a BIG thank you to you too!! :D I can only imagine the hours you must put in to get this event organized! My hat is off to you Madame President!

:smoker:

PM on its way

Pete, thanks for noticing. We all do the work and appreciate it when it is noticed and appreciated. I had several people walk up to me and personally thank me and FoDD for what we do. That made the sore throat,SORE feet and sunburn all worthwhile.

I also would like to thank all the girls who helped with registration, without you guys we would still be there!

DDR shows that a group of like minded people can bring a lot of power to the table and we at FoDD recognize that and hope to aim it in the right direction when needed.

Again Thank You to all who have sore backs from picking up the trash others without minds have left! :chev_bowtie: :ban-split:

Thank you vicki and terry and everyone else that put in so much to make the clean up

happen. Against very big hurdles you pulled off a great event everything went very smooth

with the heat and the size of the group.It felt really good to give something back to Dumont

a small payment for the amount of fun we have there. Agian THANK YOU SO MUCH for

putting all your time into this. :ban-split: :chev_bowtie:

There's no "designated" forum over on GlamisDunes.com for Dumont (yet?) but I wanted those people over there to see what a duning community is capable of so I posted this under General Chat...

Since there's not really any particular place for Dumont items I decided to post my thanks here.

Last weekend's 5th Annual Dumont Dunes Cleanup was a great success. We completely filled two large dumpsters and included chunks of carpet, countless EZup and chair frames, a gigantic mass of barbed wire and a burned up hull of a generator.

Among the "Most Unusual Items" was a baby doll, a catheter (I don't even want to know!), a snow boot, and the winner... a set of tilling disks from a piece of farm equipment. The biggest item was a bullet-riddled hull of an old refrigerator until a guy named Mike Hubbard showed up with a great big corrugated pipe that had been rusting away in the sand and dirt. The most number of bags gathered by a group was 168, brought in by members of www.DumontDuneRiders.com and the most number of bags gathered by an individual was 44, brought in by Marta who did it all in her cute-as-a-bug daughter's name, Caitlyn.

Not only did we pick up tons of trash but we also had several conservation projects going at the same time. There was an unauthorized trail being blazed through a wilderness area that was tended to, a popular open route through a beautiful area that was cleaned up under an archeologist's supervision, and some boundary markers that were missing and causing confusion.

In spite of record-breaking and body-draining high temperatures the people of Dumont Dunes showed what they are really made of and came out anyway to make this year's cleanup the best ever!

Next year will be bigger and better so all of you who missed it, mark your calendars now for March 15, 2008 so you don't miss it again.

Friends of Dumont Dunes really appreciates all the hard work everyone put into this year's cleanup. Thank you, one and all.

Vicki