Coral Pink

dunefreak

ive never been to coral pink, would love to check it out. ive heard its beautiful there. does ddr plan trips up there like they do at dumont? id love to go on the next one if so!!

Probably Memerial day weekend is my first trip. We'll keep ya posted. Just keep your eyes posted on DDR and we'll let ya know, Stacey. :shocked2: :beercheers:

does it get really busy at coral pink on long weekends? nothing like dumont im sure. cant wait!! will be fun

If you camp in the meadow- it does get packed! Get there before the weekend for sure. The (pay) campground reservations are booked like 6 months in advance- don't count on those. Try and get that Friday and Thurs off if you wanna get there when it isn't packed that weekend.

Do you have to ride on an asphalt road to get to the dunes? I wouldn't want to mess up the paddles too badly....what's the scoop on campground proximity and access to sand?

There isn't any asphalt you need to ride on unless you camp in the campgrounds. If you camp the meadow, you camp in sand and ride out through sand. :beercheers: :shocked2:

Looks like I might have to go up there this summer Heck I ride @ Apex in july and august just because I dont get much time to ride at all Lets plan a trip. ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP..!!!!!!!

Looks like I might have to go up there this summer Heck I ride @ Apex in july and august just because I dont get much time to ride at all Lets plan a trip. ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP..!!!!!!!

I'm definitly in for some PINK!!

Edited by cmyfirepole

• 3 weeks later...

I myself have been there numerous times now and I gotta say it's the sh*t! :laughing: Some people I talk to don't like it for some reason. Maybe its cause the elevation (less power) and SOFFFFFT sand. I myself love it. Trails are great and scenery is spectacular! :headbang: Who else has ridden there?

I'm with you on this Pete, Coral Pink is the Shizzle. Great place to go and beat the heat here in the lower area's. Scenery is awesome, drive is not bad. Above ground backyard type fire pits required there, they won't let you burn fires right on the ground like Dumont. Weather is way more comfortable for more of the summer months because of the alltitude. Puts a little reduction on your power of your eqipment unless jetted for higher alltitude, but nothing to serious. I highly reccomend it for those whom haven't been :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...

Only once 10 years ago. Not enough open dunes for a sandrail. In this picture, that is about it!!!

utah1.jpg

Now quad riding,,, that looks good. :huh:

I still had a blast in my rail there :laughoff: But IMO, there isn't a better place to ride quads. :laughoff: Oh wait...crap....no uh....... that place doesn't exist!!!! :shocked::laughoff:

I still had a blast in my rail there :huh: But IMO, there isn't a better place to ride quads. :laughoff: Oh wait...crap....no uh....... that place doesn't exist!!!! :shocked::laughoff:

Damn Pete, before you know it you are spilling out the secret again! :laughoff: