FUNCO guys

Gazlay43

If memory serves me right that one the EMS crews CUT the cage apart to get the ocupants out who survived :D they crashed and walked away zero chassis flex or not the frame did its job :D

post-390-1175799524.jpgThis one didn't flex

This car was not cut apart. It was one of the VERY VERY FEW cars that failed. The guy was doing something stupid. I can't remember exactly what. Joe and I were talking to a guy at some shop in Arizona that was telling us about what happened.

This car was not cut apart. It was one of the VERY VERY FEW cars that failed. The guy was doing something stupid. I can't remember exactly what. Joe and I were talking to a guy at some shop in Arizona that was telling us about what happened.

He hit the face of a dune at about 70 :stirthepot:

and nhra cars and nascars hit concrete walls at more then 70....I ve never seen that? What is the tube size and wall thickness on a car like that? mild or chromoly?

ofcourse all those idiots pad the cages and wear helmets, what could they know about building safe cars?

two obersvations....

wouldnt flex be a good thing , to absorb energy from an impact? I d rather have a bar bend then break off. Id rather have a smooth object hit me then a sharp pointy one.

Doesnt every incident in hind sight result from atleast one stupid thing?

Edited by 1320

and nhra cars and nascars hit concrete walls at more then 70....I ve never seen that? What is the tube size and wall thickness on a car like that? mild or chromoly? :flipoff:

ofcourse all those idiots pad the cages and wear helmets, what could they know about building safe cars?

two obersvations.... :flipoff:

wouldnt flex be a good thing , to absorb energy from an impact? I d rather have a bar bend then break off. Id rather have a smooth object hit me then a sharp pointy one. :stirthepot:

Doesnt every incident in hind sight result from atleast one stupid thing? :flipoff:

This is not NHRA or NASCAR. Those cars are built better than buggies.And let's not get on the seatbelt thing AGAIN! :flipoff:

PLEASE just let it go.

Repeat after me:

"I'm over it!"

"I'm over it!"

"I'm over it!"

PHEW! Don't you feel much better now. I know I do.

The car in the picture is not the car that failed. This car was cut apart. The car that failed, Was a car that was going over 80mph and hit a kiddy track. The driver died, But the other occupants were ok. the guy driving tha car was a very large man and the bar behind the driver seat bent. I think breaking his neck.

and nhra cars and nascars hit concrete walls at more then 70....I ve never seen that? What is the tube size and wall thickness on a car like that? mild or chromoly?

two obersvations....

wouldnt flex be a good thing , to absorb energy from an impact? I d rather have a bar bend then break off. Id rather have a smooth object hit me then a sharp pointy one.

Doesnt every incident in hind sight result from atleast one stupid thing?

Hummm maybe we should all drive aluminum tube cars. I bet They would have some awesome flex!!!

Hmm....like an old alum mazone? Or more updated like the 08 kaw quad that uses a aum frame to be stiff and handle better? I guess its sorta like a superbike, which almost all use aluminum frames. Probably depends alittle on what kind of aluminum dont you think?

Its funny as hell that anytime something safty related comes up , its like a no no topic. No body asks questions, no no we dont want to do that.

Since that other thread, which delt slightly with belts, did anyone look at there belts? Did anyone that has a 40+k $ car fix them? Or was getting the wheels repolished a bigger priorty? And Im the bad guy.

Hmm....like an old alum mazone? Or more updated like the 08 kaw quad that uses a aum frame to be stiff and handle better? I guess its sorta like a superbike, which almost all use aluminum frames. Probably depends alittle on what kind of aluminum dont you think?

Its funny as hell that anytime something safty related comes up , its like a no no topic. No body asks questions, no no we dont want to do that.

Since that other thread, which delt slightly with belts, did anyone look at there belts? Did anyone that has a 40+k $ car fix them? Or was getting the wheels repolished a bigger priorty? And Im the bad guy.

It's not that, Jon. You are not a bad guy. :blury: It's just that you come off sometimes as if you wanna argue about it. Everyone I talk to and know on DDR is all about safety, but you start getting way too technical and talk like every sandcar should be built to NHRA standards. Most big name sandcar builders have been building sandcars for many many years with a great deal of experience and know how to build a safe chassis. Yes, there will be those shady builders out there and we all must watch out for them. As for Funco, they know their chit and build safe cars. Anyone can post a picture of a particular frame or chassis and nit-pick the hell out of it. There are ALWAYS things you are gonna be able to do to strengthen a frame.

My "zero chassis flex" comment referred to the frame not flexing WHILE DRIVING. Do you want your frame flex to be added into your travel? "Hey I have 21" in suspension travel and 3" in travel in my frame for a total amount of 24" of travel!!! :ninja: " :dance: :drinkbeer: Not so much.

Yes your frame SHOULD give to a certain point in the event of an accident, but while driving!!!??? :watching:

Pete, thats just it, the big name builders still make huge mistakes in building because there are no rules or regulations. We want a sand car to accelerate like a drag car, to handle like a nascar, and to do it all it the most dangerous enviroment on the planet. If you look at the numbers, the death rate from offroad incidences is probably many many times higher then any other for of motorsports? Why?, when the rest have rules?

They build sand cars to sell, period. Why in the F would anyone use transaxle? A vw, 091, mendola, fortin, or albins? Why use somethng that costs 1000 to 20000$ that you know will break? Why use something that sucks up 30-35% of the power? They sell the trend.

I dont want to argue, but 99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe. There own safty equipment will hurt you, thats bad.

Pete, thats just it, the big name builders still make huge mistakes in building because there are no rules or regulations. We want a sand car to accelerate like a drag car, to handle like a nascar, and to do it all it the most dangerous enviroment on the planet. If you look at the numbers, the death rate from offroad incidences is probably many many times higher then any other for of motorsports? Why?, when the rest have rules?

They build sand cars to sell, period. Why in the F would anyone use transaxle? A vw, 091, mendola, fortin, or albins? Why use somethng that costs 1000 to 20000$ that you know will break? Why use something that sucks up 30-35% of the power? They sell the trend.

I dont want to argue, but 99% of the sandrails that go out, are extremely unsafe. There own safty equipment will hurt you, thats bad.

Then build something that will revolutionize the industry.