Anyone watch the Deadliest Catch on TLC?

Duneraider

I got on the fan website, and most of the featured boats have their own websites now too.

They sell T shirts, mugs, ect.

There are real time messaging, blogs and a forum on the TLC site.

The mods eventually delete the girls writing in hitting on the Captains.

Amazing, most of the Captains are married, and all these chix write to them making moves on them.

Too bads the mods erase most of it, best part of the Forums. The guys are like rock-stars.

Also, other fans write in and like or dislike some of the crews and boats and talk smack.

The most un-popular being the Northwestern and it's Captain Sig Hansen.

Damfino why, seems ya gotta be a SOB sometimes if you're in charge, especially in a really tough, crazy situation like they're in.

Some dopes write in wanting to work for free, just to be on the show.

Anyone watch the show? Any takes?

Edited by Duneraider

I watch the show if I'm flipping thru; it's interesting and entertaining. These people getting behind boats like they're sports teams need lives.

I know a few people who go up and work the crab boats every year or so, they make INSANE moola! It is of course dangerous and hard work, as you can see on the show. But those that have done it say that so long as you're not a moron you can do it pretty easily.

:mc_smiley:

I watch the show and have for several seasons. I can't imagine working that job, the guy who fell in last night was cold as a mackeral in nothing flat. Thanks but I will pass. As for women who want to marry the captains they are just looking for the money, have you ever smelled fish bait, mixed with cigarettes and nasty no sleep sweat? That would turn even the most red neck women off in my opinion. :mc_smiley:

Love that show!!!! Sig Hansen Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. That guy has his crew work like 35+hours and gets pissed when they start wanting to eat and rest. Super hardcore fisherman

if i was younger i would be into trying that for awhile. i had a friend in high school that went up there jr. sr. summers and fished made some crazy money in just 2 months.

on another note i have a cousin that has a 12 person charter boat out of homer lets do a DDR trip!!

there is no friggin way you would catch me on one of those boats in the dead of winter.

first off.....i hate being cold

second.....i hate being wet

third.........i REALLY hate being COLD and WET!

fourth and most importantly......I swim like a ROCK...not far...just DEEP..

i dont care how much they pay, you couldnt even get my desert arse to alaska.

Ill just do what i do best....watch TV

60 minutes did a piece on the Dutch Harbor fleets and how many people quit the crews first week out.

Quite a few couldn't hack it, and if ya don't live up there, it sux just being dropped off on the dock.

Now the boats will only hire crew members that actually live full or part time in Dutch Harbor and spent some time in the processing plant first, and the captains have come around to knowing them.

After taxes, doesn't seem like the average pay was worth the work.

Maybe $12K to $20K for 2 months at sea.

Taxes take about half,, not worth it.

The cost of living in Alaska is twice or higher than living in 'Vegas.

I hate being cold and wet except riding at Dumont.

It's about the same.

Plus you get paid to live there - and its has grand sceanery........

post-312-1177955996.jpg

And Catch Some Big Azz Fish....

post-312-1177956074.jpg

This guy is a little over 6FT and the fish is 115lbs....

Edited by chris1223