sanddunesaddict rolls his rail

dunefreak

So this weekend Bert (sanddunesaddict) was gonna give Ken (Ken's Colors) and his buddy a ride over to thier camp, but had to go scare them first in his sandrail. Well he did that alright! :shocked2: He was jamming up the big steep face hill and pulled the cutting brake a wee-bit too late and poof right off the top! :mc_smiley: :thumb::grin::laughing: Luckily they more so just tipped it over on it's side. BTW, his car is over 20 years old and we always worried that if it went over- there would be a damn bloody masacre :beerpint: :shoot: , but it held up good considering. No cracks or bent frame at all! He smashed a light, de-beaded both tires, and somehow broke a CV in all that, but most importantly all 3 of them walked away unscathed. Amazing. :laughing: We got the rail back to camp and Ken was laughing about it alll night. It was pretty funny, well, once we knew everyone was alright. This was his and his friend's first time in a rail too! :coocoo::blury:

My son, my Dad and I were sitting on top of the hill in front of the bowl watching Bert wheelie across the face of the dune. They looked away at something else and I said "Oh !@#$ he just rolled it!!" We went over and they said they were OK. I went over to their camp and got some help. After letting everyone know that they were OK, there was a little laughter. Now that I know all is OK, my Dad and I were wondering (not quite the right time to ask right after someone rolls) what motor is in that buggy?

My son, my Dad and I were sitting on top of the hill in front of the bowl watching Bert wheelie across the face of the dune. They looked away at something else and I said "Oh !@#$ he just rolled it!!" We went over and they said they were OK. I went over to their camp and got some help. After letting everyone know that they were OK, there was a little laughter. Now that I know all is OK, my Dad and I were wondering (not quite the right time to ask right after someone rolls) what motor is in that buggy?

Hey, thanks again w/ your help. :mc_smiley:

He has a turbo 3.8 Buick in it. (Buick T Type)

So this weekend Bert (sanddunesaddict) was gonna give Ken (Ken's Colors) and his buddy a ride over to thier camp, but had to go scare them first in his sandrail. Well he did that alright! :shocked2: He was jamming up the big steep face hill and pulled the cutting brake a wee-bit too late and poof right off the top! :mc_smiley: :thumb::grin::laughing: Luckily they more so just tipped it over on it's side. BTW, his car is over 20 years old and we always worried that if it went over- there would be a damn bloody masacre :beerpint: :shoot: , but it held up good considering. No cracks or bent frame at all! He smashed a light, de-beaded both tires, and somehow broke a CV in all that, but most importantly all 3 of them walked away unscathed. Amazing. :laughing: We got the rail back to camp and Ken was laughing about it alll night. It was pretty funny, well, once we knew everyone was alright. This was his and his friend's first time in a rail too! :coocoo::blury:

I have no idea how to drive a rail......but........... I knew we weren't going to make the turn! I just want to know? Was that supposed to be fun?

S2010030.JPG

This is how you change tires in the dunes!!

S2010043.JPG

Broken BERT Light!!

S2010045.JPG

For his first time in a sand rail and ROLLING he sure is in good spirits..

S2010046.JPG

S2010047.JPG

What do you do when you dont have room in your car for the de beaded paddles... ROLL EM DOWN DA HILL!!

S2010048.JPG

Things could have been worse... Just glad everyone was ok and only Ego's were hurt!!!

Well I guess after rolling your first time out in a rail you learn real quick what NOT to do. I was glad to hear noone was hurt except for maybe a bruised ego.

Don, they meant it was Ken's first time out in a rail, he wasn't driving it! It is Bert's rail and he gave them a helluva ride before he got too close to the top and just rolled over. :tres hermanos_rock_smiley:

Hey Bert............don't sweat these guys and the comments. I'm with you bro............ :thumb: I rolled my first rail on the first dune ride I went on. Up and over a razorback a little too fast and what do ya know, I ended up on my passenger side after hitting on the driver side first, then my roof, then on the passenger side. It happened somewhere behind the superbowl. Knock on wood.........I haven't rolled it over since.................... :grin: But looking back at it............it was kind of cool.............. :laughoff: