Any Verizon Wireless customers out there?

dunefreak

I have Cingular wireless right now and have no complaints, other than no service at Dumont. They have a good plan for 2 lines, 1400 minutes, 89.99/ mo. I was gonna switch to them when I add a line because of the svc at Dumont, but want to make sure they aren't a piece o chit company. I have heard nothing but good about them, but was wondering if anyone has them, dislikes their service, or has had any problems with them. Any input you guys can give is much appreciated. :laughoff:

oh and lets keep this thread to only Verizon - not "I hate my pos cel phone or other company" which isn't Verizon, thanks :grin:

Pete, I have Verizon and wouldn't even think of going with another company. The only thing is there is a dead spot by Black Mouintain. Don't you live by there? I would check that out, but the service is great and I have 1500 minutes for 59.99, and I think another line is $10 more a month.

Pete,

I have Verizon and it is great. Good thing I had it when I broke down by Dumont! I would recomend them. Way better signal than Cingular, Nextel or Sprint. Not sure of the Tmoblie signal, but I do know Verizon is the only provider that works the best at Dumont. Plus I like that they have the Motorola Razor now! Lets get everyon on DDR to swith and then we can talk to each other for free!! :grin: Anyway, I would recomend Verizon to anyone, the service is unbeatable. Yeah you may find some a couple bucks cheaper but the coverage sucks.

Just my 2 cents! :laughoff:

Joe w/ my old phone i couldnt call from petes house... Horizon and horizon area... but w/ my new phone i have no problem... only like 2 bars but the calls come thru and sound perfect...

And pete thats a good deal.. i had 2 lines w/ 300 min a piece.. for the same price... but now i dont know what i have cuz i dont go over the minutes.. its only a 4-600 min plan that costs me 40 bucks.. :D

Hey Pete,

I also switched to Verizon about two years ago for the service at Dumont!

It works great in certain areas of the Dunes, and not at all in others. My only problem is

they lost my old # so I had to get a new #, VERY BAD for my business and old friends!!!!

That pissed me off beyond belief, and I lost alot of old contacts! One other thing, the service

is very spotty in Havasu!

Also just my .02 cents! Good luck either way you go!

I havent had much of a problem in either place... in dumont on the other hand in order to get reception gotta go to the north side of the vendors and it works peachy...

Havasu it worked fine if i was outside.. Hell it even worked at the launch ramp and on my way to the launch ramp going around the south side of the island.. i was very surprised to have recieved a phone call while on the water.. :D

From years of cell phone experience, from owning Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile franchises, I would highly recommend Verizon Wireless. This year they won the JD Power & a$$. award for highest call quality performance! I use my Verizon phone at Dumont with an external wilson antenna and it works great! Good Luck!

Pete, I have Verizon and wouldn't even think of going with another company. The only thing is there is a dead spot by Black Mouintain. Don't you live by there? I would check that out, but the service is great and I have 1500 minutes for 59.99, and I think another line is $10 more a month.

damn! i was just getting excited about verizon until you mentioned the dead spot next to black mountain. my nextel sucks here at home and i thought it was just them. radio stations suck right here too so i guess its just all the interferance from the antennas up there. :(

Dave i have verizon and my phone works just fine all over our neigborhood.. dont sweat it .. :D besides they have a 15 day trial... if you dont like it take it back or if it doesnt work then take it back.. :D

Hey Pete,

I also switched to Verizon about two years ago for the service at Dumont!

It works great in certain areas of the Dunes, and not at all in others. My only problem is

they lost my old # so I had to get a new #, VERY BAD for my business and old friends!!!!

That pissed me off beyond belief, and I lost alot of old contacts! One other thing, the service

is very spotty in Havasu!

Also just my .02 cents! Good luck either way you go!

I thought the new law was, you get to keep your old number if you switched service :grin:

Tony that is a option now.. if you want to keep phone numbers and swap providers... Depending on when travis switched services he might not have had that option..

Dave what service are you with now... if its a GMS service more than likely not.. You would need a CDMA phone which is what verizon uses... I have the lg vx8100 and it works great everywhere.. but the cheapo nokia i had sucked... the better the phone the better the service.. :D

Dreamrr got any info on this external antenna?

Wilson is the company that makes the external antenna. You will need to buy the antenna and the correct adapter for you phone. It may run you around 30-40 bucks. The way it works is by attaching the external antenna to the top of your truck/car (it's magnetic), then plugging in the adapter to the phone. The adapter has a metal piece that touches another metal piece on the phone. Pretty much it's like holding your phone way up in the air.... it works though! Mine gives me about an extra bar of service in places which I have bad signal. I can get you one if you want!

Tony that is a option now.. if you want to keep phone numbers and swap providers... Depending on when travis switched services he might not have had that option..

Dave what service are you with now... if its a GMS service more than likely not.. You would need a CDMA phone which is what verizon uses... I have the lg vx8100 and it works great everywhere.. but the cheapo nokia i had sucked... the better the phone the better the service.. :D

Ahhh, option k got it. Option is one of those words that sounds weird when you say it 3 times or more :laughoff:

Thanks again everybody. I made the switch and I am happy already. No complaints yet, although I have to learn how to work this new friggin phone now! :shocked2:

We'll have to see over Pres Day weekend how it really works. Thanks again everyone for your input. :laughing:

Thanks again everybody. I made the switch and I am happy already. No complaints yet, although I have to learn how to work this new friggin phone now! :shocked2:

We'll have to see over Pres Day weekend how it really works. Thanks again everyone for your input. :laughing:

which phone did you get?