ok here we go

Warrior07

So do just that....open your house to family....with a time limit. They have to understand your position, kids, wife, career, and being an adult. I think my mom wanted this same crap a few years ago....I was a chicken and avoided the whole conversation, and it just passed. I know it is hard but, they will respect you more if you give them the open door but soon it will close method. Good luck ! :shoot_head:

^

^

^

^

^

Nope none of that is gonna work out and someone is going to be pissed. Tell them you will help them find a place. And Budget Suits are really cheap. That will motivate them to find something. If they move in it will be like feeding a stray cat. They will always have a reason for not leaving.

Sorry to sound so harsh. These thing just don't work out very often

5 years ago my mother and father inlaw moved in with us.(Could not afford to retire, made way too many bad financial decisions) The trade off was they allowed us to purchase their home in Havasu a little below market.(I saved about $20,00.00) In return I added 750 sq ft to my current home and did a complete remodle. (I spent about $80,000.00) They have their own private suite with living room, bedroom and master bath. They pay no gas, electric, satellite / cable, internet, newspaper, water, sewer, trash, etc. I added their car to my insurance policy and them as extra drivers to allow them to get great rates. I sold his F-250 pick up / no commission. I sold his 30 ft 5th wheel / no commission. Now to this day...mind you they have been living free for five years...my mother in law still insinuates that I ripped them off when we came to this agreement. So as far as I am concerned, you can do everything the right way and still be the heel. My wife and I did what we thought was best for everyone concerned. If we hadn't, they would be flat assed broke with no home and nowhere to go. Lets do the math.

$80,000.00 for addition to existing home

$95,000.00 for Havasu house (BTW not a home I would have purchased under any other circumstances)

-$20,000.00 discount on Havasu home

$600.00 newspapers for 5 years

$1650.00 Direct TV for 5 years

$900.00 Internet provider / DSL for 5 years

$60,000.00 Rent, utilities, etc for last 5 years

$217,000.00 total thru 5 years and the clock keeps ticking

And to think.....I ripped them off :shoot_head: :banghead::coocoo:

And to bring this back to a "Dunes" related subject....That is one of the reasons we travel great distances and ride whenever we can. Dumont, Gordon's Well, or Glamis. I hope that makes everyone happy! (OGP)

Edited by mredgy

WOW...bad deal pete, but believe it ot not I hear this similure story from a few people, you just have to stand your ground, as well as yes family is family, but they have to respect you also have a family of your own. good luck with the situation.

Been there done that. My Mom even lives in Myrtle Beach. We are from South Carolina and after 20 years of living here, my Mom decided to move back to Myrtle Beach and my Brother moved back to Hilton Head Island. I was the only one who stayed in Las Vegas. After a few years back there, my Mom and Step-Dad decided to come back to Vegas to be closer to my kids. That lasted about 1 year. See my wife and my Mom really don't see eye to eye sometimes and I'm stuck in the middle of it. Yeah blood is thicker than water, but my wife is my wife and my kids are my kids....it's MY family, no one elses. If they (parents) aren't paying my bills, putting food on my table or cleaning my house, then they have to understand that the umbilical cord has been cut years ago and they have to understand this!

Stand your ground, you will be miserable if you don't. You have to go to bed with your wife every night, not your Mom. I do agree that the door needs to be opened for family, but sometimes, the door needs to be closed and they have to understand this. If they don't, then oh well. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but your wife and kids come first IMHO. Whatever you do, don't let your parents come between you and your wife, this is the worst thing that could happen.

Good luck!

Why is this post even here ON A SAND DUNES WEBSITE and not on some family whiner forum or something. I seem to be seeing more and more family issues,posts etc. other than dune or dumont related stuff. I dont know where this site is going. But I liked it alot better when it was more dune related Dumont related topics. Just my 2 cents.

Why is this post even here ON A SAND DUNES WEBSITE and not on some family whiner forum or something. I seem to be seeing more and more family issues,posts etc. other than dune or dumont related stuff. I dont know where this site is going. But I liked it alot better when it was more dune related Dumont related topics. Just my 2 cents.

:shoot_head: me too. :banghead:

Edited by maxdout

"General sand dune talk or whatever else is on your mind. Any thing goes.. Just remember little eyes can read too!!"

I would have to say that being able to post up a question or comment in a place you feel comfortable doing so would explain any post. I for one consider the off-road crowd, especially the sand dune crowd some of the coolest peeps around. If the Mods of the site don't feel a post should be here, then it's up to them to remove or move it. If you don't want to read through someone's post, don't, but don't flame a guy for asking a question...geez.

Not flaming anyone, Just curious why people seem to be posting more and more Non dune related stuff on DDR which stands for DUMONT DUNE RIDERS, and not on Family magazine website, or dr laura or something? Im sure dr phil has a forum on his website? Maybe those questions would be best asked and answered there? Just my 2 cents!!!!!

Not flaming anyone, Just curious why people seem to be posting more and more Non dune related stuff on DDR which stands for DUMONT DUNE RIDERS, and not on Family magazine website, or dr laura or something? Im sure dr phil has a forum on his website? Maybe those questions would be best asked and answered there? Just my 2 cents!!!!!

I can answer that very easily. Because everyone on DDR, over the years, have gotten to know each other almost on a persoanl level. Also, with it being summertime and everyone doing very few dune trips, the general chat section becomes very GENERAL meaning not-so-dune-related at times. Some people are comfortable talking about their personal problems on the board, some aren't. If you aren't comfortable with it- don't post about it or read it. :MBdance::dunno::coocoo:

Maybe log back in in October- you'll find many more DUNE RELATED topics then. COME ONNNNN, "Don"!!!! :banghead:

It's general chat and just that! :shoot_head:

Maybe log back in in October- you'll find many more DUNE RELATED topics then. COME ONNNNN, "Don"!!!! :laughoff:

DAMN! What did my grumpy old a$$ say this time? :MBdance:

Oh! I get it. You're calling :dope: Tim grumpy. That's funny! :dope:

The new commander on the base is General Chat. :MBdance:

:shoot_head: :banghead::coocoo::MBdance::dunno: :mic: :laughing::laughing::DDRrocks::laughoff:

DAMN! What did my grumpy old a$$ say this time? :dunno:

Oh! I get it. You're calling :idiot: Tim grumpy. That's funny! :dope:

The new commander on the base is General Chat. :blink:

:shoot_head: :banghead::coocoo::MBdance::dunno: :mic: :laughing::laughing::DDRrocks::laughoff:

:clap::dope::MBdance::MBdance: See...you understand! :laughoff: COME ONNNNN!! :dance: :dunno:

I can answer that very easily. Because everyone on DDR, over the years, have gotten to know each other almost on a persoanl level. Also, with it being summertime and everyone doing very few dune trips, the general chat section becomes very GENERAL meaning not-so-dune-related at times. Some people are comfortable talking about their personal problems on the board, some aren't. If you aren't comfortable with it- don't post about it or read it. :MBdance::dunno::coocoo:

Maybe log back in in October- you'll find many more DUNE RELATED topics then. COME ONNNNN, "Don"!!!! :banghead:

Very well said Mr. Prez : :mic: :laughing::D General is general and there is nothing wrong with that. :D

:mic: :laughing::laughing:

I can answer that very easily. Because everyone on DDR, over the years, have gotten to know each other almost on a persoanl level. Also, with it being summertime and everyone doing very few dune trips, the general chat section becomes very GENERAL meaning not-so-dune-related at times. Some people are comfortable talking about their personal problems on the board, some aren't. If you aren't comfortable with it- don't post about it or read it. :dunno::booty: :dance:

Maybe log back in in October- you'll find many more DUNE RELATED topics then. COME ONNNNN, "Don"!!!! :ahhhhh:

It's general chat and just that! :laughoff:

WELL SAID.

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP

You have to be a little more thick skinned when it comes to some folks around here. You should have left your original post up..... :ahhhhh:

oh i'm thick skinned just did'nt want it to turn into a b#@!* fest i like dani's post better :laughoff:

WELL SAID.

This post has been edited by ORIGINALPIMP: Today, 12:16 AM

yyyeah...wwwwwhataver! LOL

I'm curious what you said BEFORE you edited it. :dunno::ninja: :ahhhhh:

BTW, I haven't seen many DUNE RELATED topics started by you recently, Tim. :booty: :dance:

:laughoff: sorry for posting this

Pete, you did nothing wrong. Don't appologize. You had a genuine problem and a few peeps responded with advice. :dunno: Like Gerald said, you should have left your original post.