Here is a short story for DDr

Danielle

I have thought about writing this many times in the past but never did it but as I was just reading a topic that warrior07 started in the general chat and read some of the peeps positive and helpful thoughts as well as a few other comments I decided to post it now.

How I found DDR was when I was looking for a new toyhauler and trying to sell the old one.As I have never heard about DDR and we have never been to Dumont only have heard about Dumont through friends.So by fluke I stumbled on this site and very glad I did.

So at that time of my life and the prior 6 months before was probably the one and only most unhappy times in my adult life.Call it severe depression or whatever you want.I am normally 98% of time a very positive person and alway's look at the glass half full with everything.I am a go getter and most of the time can make anything happen as long as it is in my reach.But at that time of my life nothing was working for me.All of my goals my husbands and wishes for our family was going against us.My kids were acting out for attention my husband wanted attention but everyday I would come to see that we were still exactly where we were yesterday and nothing looked brighter.And I got so low that I didn't have anything to offer to my husband or my kids.I left my family in my mind and left my husband to be a single parent for 6 months.Yes I was still here but you couldn't get much from me when I was around I was just doing what I was suppose to do in life to function for myself and the kids but not anymore than that.And to my family I am so sorry for that .I have alot friends as well and had no interest in them either avoided them and there calls..And I never want to be in that state of mind again.

So as for DDR,when I found this site it was the first time in 6 months that I finally started laughing again and feeling alive and normal and if something like a website with great people on here can make you feel that welcomed and comfortable than that say's alot.I don't know most of you but I do know some of you and the one's that I do know are great people.And I am sure most of you are.

So Thank you DDR for putting a smile on someones face and making us laugh and all the helpful advice that is offered in all topics.

Pete,Anna,Nick, you have done a great Job with this site.Be proud :shoot_head:

I posted this now because I find that some people feel that this site is only based on the dunes but I also find that alot of people support eachother as friends with advice and thoughts.And I think that is great.I am not asking for any feedback on this topic it was just to let everyone know how welcoming this site really is. :D

Edited by Danielle

:banghead::coocoo::MBdance: When I first saw your post I thought oh good a funny story from Dani. Got a heartfelt one, thanks.

I know what you mean about this site. I am on this site everyday and look forward to see what everyone is doing or done and feeling like a part of it even though I have never met any of you. We all have something in common the love of Dumont and other dunners. We feel like we can go on here and talk about anything even if it isn't about dunning. Thanks to all of you that have made it possible for us to reach out to each other no matter what topic. :shoot_head:

That was so moving it brought a tear to my eye. I apologize for all the times I picked on you. I didn't know you were such a sensitive person. Maybe when we meet you'll forgive me.

or she will smile and kick you in the jimmy :shoot_head:

Wow, Danielle, that is pretty cool to hear. I know alot of people that don't even know how to react when someone expresses themselves like you did. Not me- that's way cool of you to share. I am very glad that I had something to do with making someone else's life more positive. That ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. You pretty much summed up what DDR is all about. :banghead: That is exactly what I was hoping for when the site was started. I didn't want just a site that offerred info and gossip about the dunes or whatever, but instead wanted to be able to bring the people of Dumont together as a community or group of friends. What better group of people to talk about everything else in life with? :shoot_head:

Thanks for the feedback you guy's.Basically to sum it all up ,for the time I have been on this site I have noticed a few people feel very comfortable about asking general questions,advice,or anything else that aren't dune related and on the most part you get alot of support and no judgment.Some wise cracks though but that's ok at times :shoot_head: So it is nice to go to a place that if you have something to share there will alway's be a response good or bad or will make you laugh. :banghead:

Edited by Danielle

Thanks for the feedback you guy's.Basically to sum it all up ,for the time I have been on this site I have noticed a few people feel very comfortable about asking general questions,advice,or anything else that aren't dune related and on the most part you get alot of support and no judgment.Some wise cracks though but that's ok at times :shoot_head: So it is nice to go to a place that if you have something to share there will alway's be a response good or bad or will make you laugh. :banghead:

I wanna say somethin !!!! The people that we have met in person, even online have been genuine....it doesn't seem like people are trying to be someone else...if that makes sense. We have met people with family, people who are getting married, people who love to drink, and all around people who are basically just being friendly to one another. This site is great for people to just come together, and talk about things we love, hate and all the in betweens. On the lighter side, I come on to it because I like the wise cracks, humor and heartless cutdowns....but that just goes to show you, there is something here for everyone.

Thanks Pete, Nick and everyone else behind the scenes. :coocoo:

Danielle,

That was a great story, I truely did enjoy reading it even thought you lied and it was not so short ha ha. Just kidding, but seriously, it is great to know that there is a place to go and talk or put your thoughts out and to be so well received by others that you may not even know. You and Chris are great people and I am glad to say that I know you!!! :laughoff:

That's awesome Danielle, and I completely agree with you, this site managed to keep my teensy bit of sanity intact after a rough month last month, last week being the king topper... If I hadn't gone on here and read the funny threads I might have cracked. Thanks everyone, and I can't wait to meet the rest of you guys, everyone I have met has been fun!

This site also helped my son Wa.statecrew get over a praticular hard time in his life:

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ost&p=74227

As I said in that thread - DDR THERAPY?? WHO KNEW??

And all of the peoples that I have met from here have been great!! Awesome story! Someday I hope I get to meet you!!

:laughoff::D :ahhhhh: :D

I wanna say somethin !!!! The people that we have met in person, even online have been genuine....it doesn't seem like people are trying to be someone else...if that makes sense. We have met people with family, people who are getting married, people who love to drink, and all around people who are basically just being friendly to one another. This site is great for people to just come together, and talk about things we love, hate and all the in betweens. On the lighter side, I come on to it because I like the wise cracks, humor and heartless cutdowns....but that just goes to show you, there is something here for everyone.

Thanks Pete, Nick and everyone else behind the scenes. :booty:

:booty::dunno: :ahhhhh: :dunno::laughoff::ninja::booty: :dance:

Thank you all of you for your kind responses even though they were not necessary, but thank you very much :dunno:

And as for my husband well he is alway's there to take the sensitive mood away :laughoff: :ahhhhh: And add a wise crack. :dance: Gotta love him :D

awesome story however mine is almost opposite... DDR almost caused me a divorce LOL... damn those bar tabs late nights of binge drinking.. i never knew what

Messed up Monday was or

tipsy tuesday or

wasted wedensday or

thirsty thursday or

f*ked up friday or

sloshed saturday or

smashed sunday

LOL definatley had some good times with ddr thats for sure. :D

awesome story however mine is almost opposite... DDR almost caused me a divorce LOL... damn those bar tabs late nights of binge drinking.. i never knew what

Messed up Monday was or

tipsy tuesday or

wasted wedensday or

thirsty thursday or

f*ked up friday or

sloshed saturday or

smashed sunday

:booty::dunno::ninja::booty:

Yep- he's not lying either! :booty:

See...

Room For Rent?

Anyone got one??? Im housebroken, can cook, can ride, and will have a lil cash.. :D

and im not kiddin either... i am reallly looking for a room to rent now..

Some jokes were cracked this past weekend and not by my choice those jokes are comin true...

I need a drink :booty: and a room to rent..

I have alot of crap too...

88 samurai

03 sonoma

02 dirtbike

:ahhhhh: :dance: :dunno: I'm glad everything ended up working out in the long run. :laughoff:

Messed up Monday was or

tipsy tuesday or

wasted wedensday or

thirsty thursday or

f*ked up friday or

sloshed saturday or

smashed sunday

DDR has killed my liver!!!! :laughoff:

Well I guess I am lucky there cause drinking has never been an issue for me.Yes I do drink but I don't take it far as I hate the feeling the next day :dunno: :dance: :ahhhhh: Not worth it for me. :D

Well I guess I am lucky there cause drinking has never been an issue for me.Yes I do drink but I don't take it far as I hate the feeling the next day :dunno: :dance: :laughoff: Not worth it for me. :D

You're missing out! :ahhhhh:

You're missing out! :laughoff:

Oh no! I had many many day's of that in my life,I sure don't miss that feeling :dunno: :ahhhhh: "need alittle head spinning dude there :dance: "Plus when you have kids it very hard to function the next day feeling like crap :D

Well I guess I am lucky there cause drinking has never been an issue for me.Yes I do drink but I don't take it far as I hate the feeling the next day :booty::dunno::laughoff: Not worth it for me. :D

just get another drink it will go away :ahhhhh: (the hair of the dog) so they say :dance: