dumont road report?

Started first kick last night... got to the dunes and the effer didnt want to start was like WTF... i think im a little rich on the pilot for the outside temp.. Ohh well.

Road STILL :lol: 'd Ill post up pictures later but needless to say i had a tailgate strap vibrate off and i had to stop terry half way down the road cuz the road broke the bolt to hold the ramp arms on the trailer so he was draggin the ramp. Had to punch out the pins and pull the ramp off to get him home a strap cured us till we got to the dunes :P

Started first kick last night... got to the dunes and the effer didnt want to start was like WTF... i think im a little rich on the pilot for the outside temp.. Ohh well.

Road STILL :lol: 'd Ill post up pictures later but needless to say i had a tailgate strap vibrate off and i had to stop terry half way down the road cuz the road broke the bolt to hold the ramp arms on the trailer so he was draggin the ramp. Had to punch out the pins and pull the ramp off to get him home a strap cured us till we got to the dunes :P

a little rich on the pilot for the outside temp? gee you sound smart. jesus christ! put your a$$ in it and kick it! :ban-split:

Never really had a problem recently until it started heating up.. or if the carb was plugged up. Alwasy started first or 2nd kick when hot cold or other wise during the season. Would only start with the hotstart on this past weekend... hot start leans the pilot circuit out so the only thing i could attribute the change too was the current weather conditions.

but whatever.. its going to be stripped and rebuilt in a few months time anyhow so ya.

after a little googling im not really that nutz and it makes sense. If im fat in the winter im REALLY fat in the summer due to the temperature increase...

Temperature- For most of us changes in air temperature will have the greatest effect on our jetting. As the air temperature gets colder the air density increases. The air molecules become less active ( move around less ) and therefore take up less space. Because they take up less space more air, and therefore more oxygen, can fit into a measured volume of air as the temperature decreases. As the temperature drops the engine will begin to run leaner and more gasoline will need to be added to compensate. As the temperature increase the engine will begin to run richer and less gasoline will be needed.

after a little googling im not really that nutz and it makes sense. If im fat in the winter im REALLY fat in the summer due to the temperature increase...

Temperature- For most of us changes in air temperature will have the greatest effect on our jetting. As the air temperature gets colder the air density increases. The air molecules become less active ( move around less ) and therefore take up less space. Because they take up less space more air, and therefore more oxygen, can fit into a measured volume of air as the temperature decreases. As the temperature drops the engine will begin to run leaner and more gasoline will need to be added to compensate. As the temperature increase the engine will begin to run richer and less gasoline will be needed.

post-3-1184543953.gif :2cents:

My bike runs fine in all temps. :undecided::thumbsdown: