Rethink your toyhauler security!

dunefreak

Just a reminder to everyone. Big locks aren't protection enough when it comes to thieves getting into your sh*t. Last night my toyhauler got broken into. They had big bolt cutters and tried to cut the lock. They couldn't get through the lock, so what do they do?.......They cut the damn tab that the lock went through. :DDR_rocks!: :headbang: The cheapo lock on the other side was laying on the ground uncut :laughoff: - they must have just hit it w/ a hammer and opened it or I must have just forgotten to lock that one. LUCKILY, nothing was taken though. Thank God I unloaded the sandrail and quad before they got to my sh*t. :rockwoot: I just can't beleive some people have the nerve to steal from others who work so hard to get their own toys. I know these people are the same types of idiots that destroy the north pole at Dumont. :happydrunks: :eatdrink021: :beercheers: Time to beef up security at the house AND on the toyhauler. I know these jerks had to have had a plan to go around and steal some quads because it was the day after a big weekend- perfect opportunity to try and swipe someone's sh*t that hasn't unloaded yet! :mc_smiley: Get your own sh*t a-holes! :laughoff:

Dude. Pete! :DDR_rocks!: Sorry to hear that. It sucks that there are a-holes out there in the world that have no respect for those that work hard for what they got. :rockwoot: That sucks man. Glad to hear they didn't get nothing. Maybe we all need to look into adding an alarm of some sort onto our toy haulers.

That sucks Pete, a least like you said you had all your stuff unpacked. Did they break anything else being that they couldn't get away with something? I had that happen, just cause they couldn't steal something they decided to break all the windows and cut the leather seats up. Effin a-holes :rockwoot: get a real life or you will have one behind bars.

That sucks Pete, a least like you said you had all your stuff unpacked. Did they break anything else being that they couldn't get away with something? I had that happen, just cause they couldn't steal something they decided to break all the windows and cut the leather seats up. Effin a-holes :DDR_rocks!: get a real life or you will have one behind bars.

No, they didn't bust anything up. I think they got scared away or something because they didn't even take any gas cans, stereo equip, Honda generator or a few things that were still in there. Not to mention my dirtbike and Tacomama's 450 in the back of my truck still. :rockwoot: I had those locked up though. Besides they would have been real hard to get out of the back of the truck w/ the t/h still connected.

Pete that sux bro!!!!My 1000.00 mountain bike got yanked out of my garage about a month ago...I can't believe thats all they took was my bike!!! I swear to God if I ever found someone stealing my chit I would unload all 17 rounds from my glock in their arse!!!! Get a dog...for me thats been the best alert/alarm I think you can have!!!! What sux is here in town metro just doesn't have the time to even take a damn report!!! I was actually talking to an audio installer about installing an alarm on my weekend warrior yesterday!!! All I can say is Karma!!!!

sh*tty happenins pete at least all they did was a lil damage to the lock and nothing else...

They didn't damage the lock, they damaged the actual toyhauler. :DDR_rocks!: It's the metal tab that comes off the back beam that the lock goes through that they cut. Effers :rockwoot:

Is it fixable? :rockwoot:

Yeah it's fixable, but it still pisses me off! I can't ever have anything nice w/o some dumbsh*t low life f*ckin it up! :DDR_rocks!:

get bert over there with his welder and weld up a new tab.. :D

I'm sure superdave can help me out. He's just down the street too. :D

can you say shot gun mother fkr ,you wont if we catch you!!!!!pete im also installing a bracket inside with a lock,maybe do the same?? were going to catch these a holes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing::finger::drunk:

Edited by rhino king

Sorry to read about your loss.

Thieves will always be with us,, even the bible talks all about thieves in the nite.

I ride the trains all the time and the saying is every train has a thief. See people get ripped off all the time.

Every campground has a thief,, every storage unit too.

The Middle East has us beat in dealing with theives, wack off their hands.

Do you think perhaps leaving the window covers up might let them look in and see nothing to take,,, or perhaps they go in anyway hoping to score a TV or something? I leave my blinds up so anyone can look in and see the TV and rides not there,,

At Dumont, the campground tactic is cut the chains or locks and tie a long rope,, and accomplices drag off your stuff.

Hells Angel Steve and Halverson caught 2 stealing their wives new YFZ's at Dumont last year,, and we've had no more thefts since that I've heard of if that's any consolation to you. Though other thieves will eventually pay Dumont a visit.

Bolt cutters are cheap and easy to get at Harbor freight,,, but worse are the gear reduction bolt/cable w/6' handles cutters, which should be illegal to own unless you use them professionally.

Do you think perhaps leaving the window covers up might let them look in and see nothing to take,,, or perhaps they go in anyway hoping to score a TV or something? I leave my blinds up so anyone can look in and see the TV and rides not there,,

My blinds are always up, but with the beds folded up they cover the windows. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Well as i have seen this issue before i became interested in trailer security. After researching it i found a wireless system that once installed it would have a shock sensor along with door sensors. If the door sensor is breached the siren goes off and the trailer brakes are locked. The shock sensor(if someone was to hook up the trailer) would also set off the running lights and lock the trailer brakes. I have become a dealer for these units and will receive my first shipment of them next week. It is about a 2 hour install job but has excellent instructions and support. For DDR members I will sell them for $305.00 which includes 2 door sensors, siren, 2 key fobs and the alarm unit. If you have more than 2 doors that you want to alarm the wireless senors are $53.00 each or you can get a hardwire one for $10.00 and it is a simple wire set up. I will be installing this unit on my trailer and would be glad to demonstrate it. If anyone is interested let me know.

Terry