Entrance road progress

I e-mailed the BLM a few days ago regarding the entrance road and river crossing and got some info back!

Hopefully they stick to their word. :laughing:

Hello Pete, Dumont Road was graded and rolled the week of 25 July. The

part we are waiting on is the addition of a hardening agent. When the

team finished working the road it was a very hard base. They felt that

some additional material may be needed to add depth to the top coat before

a hardening agent is put on the surface. The road right now is in

excellent condition and the massive dust appears to be in our past. The

project to widen the water crossing is scheduled for the week of 19 August

and should be complete within a two week period. The road and the water

crossing should help to start off the 2008 season with a bang and make life

a little better for duners.

I sure hope they can get more material and then put the hardening agent on it before dune season.

I'll be curious to see the "excellent condition" on Saturday. Hopefully it's much better than last trip. :laughing:

:lol: thats some good news....hopefully he didnt mean to type in"excellent condition and ride for a trophy truck" :laughing:

No kidding, I would like to keep all my cabinet doors where they belong :blah:

• 1 month later...

About the only thing I could tell different was the color. It was washboard as all get out. Woody flew by us , cause we were only going 15 mph. If we went any faster it would have rattled my kidneys loose. It was still dusty. The river crossing was great.

Why does everyone say it was that bad??? Is it another case of wanting to b*tch about something? :laughoff: I thought it was in damn good shape. Yes, it had SOME wash-boarded areas, but for the most part it was really smooth. It was more dusty than the last time cause that layer of asphalt is getting pretty thin. I went the speed limit (25) towing my hauler and it felt just fine. It wasn't any worse than any weekend I have ever gone out there before.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I like the crappy entrance road.

I like that there are no dumpsters.

I like that there are no facilites.

I like Dumont for what it is.

the road has definatley improved over what it WAS in the begining and i have to agree with pete the road is about the same with the asphault now as it was without... the only thing its missing is the potholes.. River crossing was nice to be able to get 2 rigs across at once...

I hope they keep improving things to an extent... but like pete..

Im glad there are no dumpsters

IMglad that there are no facilities

and i love dumont for what it is the way it sits right now :D

Now to find a way to get rid of the idiots

Why does everyone say it was that bad??? Is it another case of wanting to b*tch about something? :laughoff: I thought it was in damn good shape. Yes, it had SOME wash-boarded areas, but for the most part it was really smooth. It was more dusty than the last time cause that layer of asphalt is getting pretty thin. I went the speed limit (25) towing my hauler and it felt just fine. It wasn't any worse than any weekend I have ever gone out there before.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I like the crappy entrance road.

I like that there are no dumpsters.

I like that there are no facilites.

I like Dumont for what it is.

Pete I owe you a beer for that post!

I thought the road was better than it was when it was just dirt. Is it a freeway, no but has it ever been a freeway? It will continue to get better once they get more material from the I40 rebuild. I have no problem going slow down the road. I have found that after 30+ years of goning there the dunes are still there and I m so glad for it and I like them just the way they are.

No Shirt

No shoes

No Problem!

I wasn't b*tching. It is very different when you drive it in a Truck as opposed to an Old Motorhome.

I like it for what it is also. What the heck is the difference. We get ther about 10 mins. later. It's all good.

So don't get your panties all in a bunch! :barf::lol::think::grin:

Sorry- but to me it sounded like you were bitching about it. :MBdance: And no- my panties aren't in a bunch, besides....I wear boxers. :lol::dunno: If you go back and read what I put I had nothing but positive stuff to say. Yes, I understand it will be more rough in a motorhome, but like I said- it hasn't EVER been any smoother than it was this last season so it was nothing new. :thumb:

Pete I owe you a beer for that post!

I thought the road was better than it was when it was just dirt. Is it a freeway, no but has it ever been a freeway? It will continue to get better once they get more material from the I40 rebuild. I have no problem going slow down the road. I have found that after 30+ years of goning there the dunes are still there and I m so glad for it and I like them just the way they are.

No Shirt

No shoes

No Problem!

ok, I'll take you up on that on Thursday. :dope::laughoff:

I was pleasantly suprised with the condition of the road. That could be because I haven't been to Dumont since the bachelor party, and can only go off of what I read here. I actually thought rolling out was better than in, but all in all it was as good, if not better, than last year....and without the dust (except when the wind was blowing the entire desert across the road :flipoff: )

its like before and they just put black dirt on it and called it paved. it was very bad

They aren't really calling it paved. Is it any worse than how it was on kickoff weekend? (10/5 - 10/7) I didn't think it was bad at all that weekend.