what king of gas should i use?

mex450

you can probably get away with a 60/40 mix of c12 - 91 and be ok.. or just straight c12

agreed!! or a 50/50 would probably be ok also..

rebel has the 110 at the sahara highland store but from what iwas told by a supplier was that its really 107 at the pump from it being exposed to the atmosphere.(?)

CApt

• 2 months later...

you should get some aviation gas or comonly known as "Avgas". It is a 100 octane gas used in air planes, what is nice about is that is has a higher content of lead in it than other gases. It is a hell lot cheaper than racing fuel, mabey 4$ a gallon. One draw back is that it might make your engine run a little bit lean, I not certian but it may concidering that it is used at 30,000 feet. And if your compersion is high and you need a little bit more octane put some octane boots addetive in it.

I have a busa in a Raptor 660 frame and it loves the Avgas.

My compression on my YFZ501 is around 14.25.1 or more.I usually run c12,but ive ran the Rebel Rocket Fuel brand stuff.Its leaded 111 i think they claim.It runs well also.VP U4.2 will work also.I used to run VP u2 with my 14.1 stockbore.The Rebel Rocket Fuel is pretty affordable.Like 6 bucks a gallon.VP C12 is about $55 for 5 gallons.U4.2 is 100 octane oxy fuel that will work great with high compression motors and is about $60 for 5 gallons.Ive also ran 10-15% methanol with leaded 100 octane which runs really well too.Lots of options just depends on what you need performance wise or if you just want it to run.I think c12 and c14 are nice solid running affordasble fuels.The Rocket Fuel at Rebel is a budget minded alternative.Allthe others are for trying to squeeze more HP with fuel.Then you can always run a little nitro.That was more trouble than it was worth.Did that once and gave up on it. :laughoff: