AUG 11TH night ride news !

Warrior07

I found this beautiful summer poem and thought it might help make your day. It did make mine, and it's very well written.

" Summer " a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre

sh*t!

It's Hot!

That was the theme for the ride, It was friggen hot!! But following Pete was a blast and I am amazed every time I watch that car and how nimble it is.

Dunes were a little hairy to say the least but still fun running at the edge and not knowing what was coming. Enjoyed that ride Pete!

Having a power steering hose blow off upon arrival at camp sucked but luckily lot's of peeps around this morning to help fix it and thanks to JJ we had a gallon of tranny fluid to refill the tank, bummer is that Richard had already been to Pahrump and was on the way back when we found out JJ had it.

Grandson hit a witches eye but came out ok Bike is going to get new tie rods cause they look funny dangling underneath it!

I am very happy with the car as it hit 80 on radar up Banshee hill in the dark with no idea where the hill ended so I was backing out of it. :banghead:

All in all I had fun and was happy I changed my mind about going.

Thanks to Walt for the mechanic work! :banghead:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stayed at Banshee hill until about midnight, but after that I just crashed on the air mattress. it was too hot for the tent so I just placed it on the sand and watch the shower! Very Nice. Although the TRAIN of Rhinos going back and forth from our camp to the DDR camp up until sunrise was a bit distracting. :D

FINALLY made it home. Had to stop for a power nap in Baker. Bob was looking at the road like this :banghead: I was looking at the road like this :isbb::banghead: Yep had to stop.

Shower, unload, and then I'll post some pics!! Got quite a few good ones of the party at the hill :banghead:

Good times once again!! :banghead:

whens the next one pete, is there gonna be another DDR ride before OCT??

I doubt it, Tanner.

There is a very small chance I may go out with just the 2 wheeler for a morning run with some buddies, but I kinda doubt even that will happen. I think 2 night runs for the summer is as much as most everyone can handle. :banghead:

...and pretty much what ISBB said, we gotta save our cash for the sand show! :banghead::banghead:

I have to say :banghead: . Even though it was HOT as HELL! Banshee hill had a good crowd. Bikes didn't run to good, 3 out of 4 Banshees didn't run good. As soon as we got there my buddy's Cub was running good, then the 2nd shee shot its clutch. Around midnight or so I blew a head gasket :banghead: doing some runs up the hill.

I'll have the shee ready for Oct.

Time for pics and observations

I MADE IT UP COMP!! :bawl: some of you know how much of a :chkn: I am so that was a HUGE accomplishment!!

post-2396-1187015879_thumb.jpg

Having friend to travel Kelbaker with makes that drive so much easier!! Don and Chad we should always caravan!! :grin:

:no_no: DO NOT try to kick start your TRX450r without boots on OUCH!! :idiot:

Stacey stayed up past me and I went to bed at 4:30 :barf:

Watching Bob walk right off the trailer and face plant the sand :laughoff: do I take a pic or help him up? I should have taken a pic!! :dope:

Thanks Don for the ride :D

Meeting new friends - Ocean03, YFZ450 and Chrystal, Brain and Glen, and several more :hello:

Mary always being entertaining :D

Woody and I need to add "PAPARAZZI" to our signatures :MBdance::laughing:

So many good pics again!!

Running the hill

post-2396-1187016400_thumb.jpg

Party at the hill pics:

post-2396-1187016501_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016551_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016605_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016660_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016704_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016757_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016792_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016851_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187016902_thumb.jpg

Other fun pics:

post-2396-1187017086_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187017137_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187017200_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1187017268_thumb.jpg

I'll just add the rest to the gallery later!! GREAT TIMES!! :flipoff::idiot:

First off I would have to say it was good to finally meet some DDR peeps you guys are awsome!!! Second I would like to thank Woody for the info so I could get my bike up and running again and not ruin my whole trip.

Now for some observations:

Always have your bikes ready to go as soon as you know your going to Dumont so you don't end up being the first bike pulled back into camp. Thanks again Woody! :MBdance:

Pete's rail is even more bada$$ up close than it is in the pics on here. :barf:

Drunkestgirlintheworld getting my girlfriend to go swimming with her in the kiddie pools was hillarious. :chkn:

Trying to go with Sandseeker and Natelee on a 2 a.m. north pole run would've been great if I would have gone the right way instead of just making a big circle around camp and being like "Whoa these peoples camp looks just like ours." :grin:

I agree with Jodi we should always caravan from 29 it makes the drive so much easier. :laughing:

Kens Colors gave me a good reason to come to Vegas! Time for a bedliner and some tint. :laughoff:

MetalAlien it was good to meet you, just wish it would've been with some drinks instead of trying to get you unstuck. :hello:

BudlighBob and my girlfriend have something in common. They both do faceplants in the sand off of trailers. :dope:

A full bottle of Patron to yourself when you only weigh 105 lbs isn't good. I hope that girl is ok we tried to help her and she was in pretty bad shape. :(

Watching adults ride 50's around camp and having to jump out of the way so you don't get run over is always entertaining. Who would have known that a 50 could wheelie that good, at least till you tip it over on yourself 5 or 6 times. :flipoff:

There are a few more but I will have to remember them because I was kinda :bawl: :no_no: so now I am at work :idiot::idiot:

Well it was alright other than my quad broke about an hour after i got there, :barf: this guy on a banshee jumped the top of banshee hill and cased it on the landing, dont know how hurt he is. but not that many people out at the hill. less and less people go everytime i guess.

Ya that was my brother on the banshee that almost killed himself. not really but that witches eye at the top of banshee hill is brutal. :idiot: hes alright i guess, but he was done ridin after that. As for me, well everything was going great. Bike ran supreme except for the fact that its not geared right for banshee hill. and then I decided to take a ride throgh the little dunes in the back of banshee hill and, well lets just say NOT A GOOD IDEA. all the hills were real smooth and i went to go up a dune and it turns out it was more of a sand WALL!!! :flipoff::hello: messed my chest up a little bit and my neck is sore. I cant believe nothing got bent on my bike. It didnt ruin my trip though :idiot: . I was suprised with the turnout of people. I thought it was pretty good.

First of all I have to give a big thanks to OGP aka Tim for the unbelievably awesome trip. It was my first time to Dumont and I acn't wait to go back. It was cool to meet some of the people from this board in person. There are some real caracters on here. Even thought I live less than 2 hours from Glamis I will Be going out to Dumont again just because the people are so cool.

Ya that was my brother on the banshee that almost killed himself. not really but that witches eye at the top of banshee hill is brutal. :barf: hes alright i guess, but he was done ridin after that. As for me, well everything was going great. Bike ran supreme except for the fact that its not geared right for banshee hill. and then I decided to take a ride throgh the little dunes in the back of banshee hill and, well lets just say NOT A GOOD IDEA. all the hills were real smooth and i went to go up a dune and it turns out it was more of a sand WALL!!! :hello::idiot: messed my chest up a little bit and my neck is sore. I cant believe nothing got bent on my bike. It didnt ruin my trip though :flipoff: . I was suprised with the turnout of people. I thought it was pretty good.

Hey I hope you guys are both ok ! Next time a moon and better cut dunes would be nice.

see ya Dan

Hey I hope you guys are both ok ! Next time a moon and better cut dunes would be nice.

see ya Dan

Whats up dan, ya we'll be alright. live to ride another day. anyways it was nice to meet you in person along with a lot of other Duners. Im sure we will all be seein eachother soon enough. cant wait til season "officially" begins.

Anthony

First time out with DDR....was the business!! :lol:

Tip: If your going to get drunk and yell at you girlfriend/wife all night stay at home. :DDRrocks:

who did that ? ooooo wait , my brother and his girl had some issues ... was there more ?

I had a great time out there, time kinda flew by. Nice meeting some new DDR members, and hanging out with the old ones. I couldn't believe it when sand snake said ken do you know what time it is....it's 4 am............ damn still made it back to vegas by and in bed by 6:30.

Next time we do this I will bring out the GREAT BALLS OF FIRE to mark that witches eye!!!!! they seemed to work great last time I brought them out!!!