Construction worker dies

SandBox_Kid

I couldn't believe it when I got the call on Fri., but it is with a heavy heart that I bring this news to DDR:

Construction worker plunges to his death

A construction worker fell to his death Friday morning at Palms Place.

The coroner's office identified the worker as Justin Paul Chapman, 31, of Henderson.

He fell down an elevator shaft and died about 8:50 a.m. His body landed on a safety deck on the 44th floor, according to the coroner's office.

One of the rescue workers stated off the record that it appeared something possibly fell from above knocking Justin off of his ladder then down the shaft.

Justin was a very close friend of the family and a fellow duner. Unfortunately he left behind a wife and very young daughter.

Services for Justin will be 2 pm this Thur @ Palm Mortuary on Eastern and Warm Springs in Vegas.

RIP brother....you will be sorely missed by your family and friends. :shocked2:

I couldn't believe it when I got the call on Fri., but it is with a heavy heart that I bring this news to DDR:

One of the rescue workers stated off the record that it appeared something possibly fell from above knocking Justin off of his ladder then down the shaft.

Justin was a very close friend of the family and a fellow duner. Unfortunately he left behind a wife and very young daughter.

Services for Justin will be 2 pm this Thur @ Palm Mortuary on Eastern and Warm Springs in Vegas.

RIP brother....you will be sorely missed by your family and friends. :laughing:

I knew Justin very well,went to school with him.Very sad to hear,i was shocked :shocked2:

Bert just told me he was the guy who got hit by a rail a while back on a CR500 going up comp hill. That was HIM?

He also said he came out with Dave Reynolds and camped with us once. I can't seem to remember exactly who he was, but either way, thats very sad to hear. Poor guy.

Bert just told me he was the guy who got hit by a rail a while back on a CR500 going up comp hill. That was HIM?

He also said he came out with Dave Reynolds and camped with us once. I can't seem to remember exactly who he was, but either way, thats very sad to hear. Poor guy.

Ya he was the one that clipped that rail that cross cut the hill that day on the CR500,and never let off the throttle. :laughing: He was one crazy guy,and always alot of fun to be around.He used to ride a Black Banshee.That is still up there with one of the knarliest wrecks ive witnessed. :blink: I also used to always run into him at 7-11's when he delivered for Budweiser :laughing: He will be missed.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Ya he was the one that clipped that rail that cross cut the hill that day on the CR500,and never let off the throttle. :laughing: He was one crazy guy,and always alot of fun to be around.He used to ride a Black Banshee.That is still up there with one of the knarliest wrecks ive witnessed. :blink: I also used to always run into him at 7-11's when he delivered for Budweiser :laughing: He will be missed.

yep, thats the guy Bert was talkin about. Still can't remember if I ever met him.

R.I.P. Justin

Ya he was the one that clipped that rail that cross cut the hill that day on the CR500,and never let off the throttle. :blink: He was one crazy guy,and always alot of fun to be around.He used to ride a Black Banshee.That is still up there with one of the knarliest wrecks ive witnessed. :lol: I also used to always run into him at 7-11's when he delivered for Budweiser :laughing: He will be missed.

His brother Brent is just as crazy on a street bike. I cringe at the stories he tells me when they ride. :grin:

JUSTIN CHAPMAN Justin Paul Chapman, 31, of Henderson, passed away Friday, Aug. 17, 2007. He was born Feb. 3, 1976, in Riverside, Calif., and resided in Nevada since 1984. Justin was a construction driller. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Kristen Chapman. Justin is survived by his wife, Melissa Chapman; daughter, Kaitlyn Chapman of Henderson; mother, Jan Blair of Henderson; father, Gary Chapman of Las Vegas; brothers, Chad Chapman of Henderson, and Brent Chapman of Las Vegas; stepmother, Linda Chapman of Las Vegas; stepfather, Matthew Blair; mother and father-in-law, Darlene and John Pekarek, all of Henderson. If Tear Drops Could Build Stairways, I Would Climb To Heaven And Bring You Home Again. Visitation will be from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22. Visitation also 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, with service to follow, all at Palm Mortuary, 7600 S. Eastern Ave. Burial immediately following services at Palm Valley View Cemetery.

The Palms has backed out of a promise to cover the funeral costs....after arrangements were already made.

.....and the union has refused his benefits because he was short on hours for one month. :banghead:

$300 donated.

what local was he out of?!?!?!?!? that's just absurd. i'm speechless.