cycoguy Posted September 4, 2007 Posted September 4, 2007 Well, I am going to buy a sparks full exuast eventually, but im also saving for a new diesel, so I dont want to spend too much money right now...so I ask for DDR's opinions on these differant pipes which i think are reasonably priced... Dr. D Click here FMF click here Pro-Circuit click here Yoshimura click here I dont know much about exuast systems, so any input is help, thanks for your time guys! Quote
powerhouse Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 any slip on that you put on will help, if its not going to stay on it , get anything Quote
Just Mike Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 I have the Dr. D and like it alot. Have never had trouble with it. Can't say good or bad about the others. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 save your money and buy a ron woods full exhaust you wont be sorry!! but as for now just hold off till you can get what ya want and not spent the money 2 times Capt Quote
EY3BA11 Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 a slip on will help but to get the most out of your bike go for a full system... Quote
Sand_YFZ Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 Well, I am going to buy a sparks full exuast eventually, but im also saving for a new diesel, so I dont want to spend too much money right now...so I ask for DDR's opinions on these differant pipes which i think are reasonably priced... Dr. D Click here FMF click here Pro-Circuit click here Yoshimura click here I dont know much about exuast systems, so any input is help, thanks for your time guys! It all depends on what you want to do.If you are riding MX type stuff the Yoshi,FMF,Pro circuit,and Dr. D are good choices.They are all mainly Low/Midrange pipes.If you plan on Duning alot i would stick with your original plan.The Sparks Big Core is one of the best exhausts out there.The Ron Woods is a great pipe also.ESR Pro Series runs great.Another great all around pipe is the M4.Most of these corporate places you are linking to just sell MX style pipes.I had a YOSHI for my first pipe on my YFZ and although it ripped on the bottom end it fell flat on its face on the top end power.I switched to the ESR Pro Series and ESR airbox eliminator and it was a HUGE difference.You are going to want to get an intake with the exhaust too.I would reccomend the FCI if you can afford it,or the Ron Woods.The Ported ESR is the next best thing and very affordable over the other 2.You cant go wrong with the Sparks Big Core though.Thats what i would get if i were you.Dont get a slip on.Save you $$$ and do it right.Sparks Big Core and a Fuel Customs Intake will rip.Good Luck!! Quote
cycoguy Posted September 5, 2007 Author Posted September 5, 2007 Well thanks for the input guys, I guess I will have to wait a little while then, I was just tired of my bike sounding so damn :shocked2: lol Quote
the kid with the mohawk helmet Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 aearn performance makes a pipe that looks just like a curtis and sounds just like them also..I personaly like the hmf sport pipe..ITs not to loud has great sound and can be bought in a anodized color to make your bike a little bit better looking Quote
Just Mike Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 Well thanks for the input guys, I guess I will have to wait a little while then, I was just tired of my bike sounding so damn :shocked2: lol Why don't you just pull out the baffle then? Quote
mineurbiz Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 I have a a White Brothers E2 slip-on and a stock airbox with a K&N and pro design plate that I will sell you cheap if you want to save some money to get started. Quote
Sand_YFZ Posted September 5, 2007 Posted September 5, 2007 Sparks Pipe on Ebay There is an affordable Sparks. ESR Ported Intake with FCI RING There are both items you need im sure you can get a great deal on if you bid.Dont buy a slip on though,just do it right the first time,trust me.You buy those 2 items i guarantee your YFZ will pick up a LOT of power. Quote
cycoguy Posted September 5, 2007 Author Posted September 5, 2007 Thanks Sand YFZ, I guess I will just wait until I buy my truck, but it feels good knowing all that information...thanks dude Quote
yfzkyle Posted September 7, 2007 Posted September 7, 2007 i have a sparks on my bike and love it Quote
yfzkyle Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 ive heard that hmf pipes fall apart thats what i was gona buy before i got my sparks Quote
yfzkyle Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 ive heard that hmf pipes fall apart thats what i was gona buy before i got my sparks Quote
wingnut Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 ive heard that hmf pipes fall apart thats what i was gona buy before i got my sparks Really? I've had three of them with no issues. I have quite a few friends with them too....no issues? Quote
barefoot bob Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 Why don't you just pull out the baffle then? Quote
the kid with the mohawk helmet Posted September 12, 2007 Posted September 12, 2007 Weve had 3 hmfs all sound great never turned any color...They all stay together fine.My whole family loves them my uncle just bought one for his rappy Quote
Sand_YFZ Posted September 14, 2007 Posted September 14, 2007 The Sparks big core will out perform all of those from bottom to top.Its one of the best performing pipes you can buy hands down. Quote
chefwally Posted September 14, 2007 Posted September 14, 2007 Well, I am going to buy a sparks full exuast eventually, but im also saving for a new diesel, so I dont want to spend too much money right now...so I ask for DDR's opinions on these differant pipes which i think are reasonably priced... If these are your options save your dough and wait for the Curtis Sparks. If I owned a yfz 450 I would run CT or Sparks Cheffy Dr. D Click here FMF click here Pro-Circuit click here Yoshimura click here I dont know much about exuast systems, so any input is help, thanks for your time guys! Quote
1bad4fiddy Posted September 14, 2007 Posted September 14, 2007 This is all you need to know .............. http://www.rossiereng.com/yfz450_atv.html Quote
rcjunky3 Posted September 14, 2007 Posted September 14, 2007 It all depends on what you want to do.If you are riding MX type stuff the Yoshi,FMF,Pro circuit,and Dr. D are good choices.They are all mainly Low/Midrange pipes.If you plan on Duning alot i would stick with your original plan.The Sparks Big Core is one of the best exhausts out there.The Ron Woods is a great pipe also.ESR Pro Series runs great.Another great all around pipe is the M4.Most of these corporate places you are linking to just sell MX style pipes.I had a YOSHI for my first pipe on my YFZ and although it ripped on the bottom end it fell flat on its face on the top end power.I switched to the ESR Pro Series and ESR airbox eliminator and it was a HUGE difference.You are going to want to get an intake with the exhaust too.I would reccomend the FCI if you can afford it,or the Ron Woods.The Ported ESR is the next best thing and very affordable over the other 2.You cant go wrong with the Sparks Big Core though.Thats what i would get if i were you.Dont get a slip on.Save you $$$ and do it right.Sparks Big Core and a Fuel Customs Intake will rip.Good Luck!! uh wrong 1bad4fiddy, ^^^^^^^^this is all you need to know. when it comes to spending time and $$$ on a yfz aaron has done it believe me he knows what works and doesnt. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.