days before long travel cars

dunefreak

Those days weren't that long ago if you stop and think about it. Bert (sanddunesaddict) and I were talking about this today. I remember when I really started going to Dumont (about 98-99), it was a pretty rare occasion that you'd see a "long travel" car out there. I remember almost running out of our camp to check one out as they'd cruise by. That was only less than 8 years ago. :laughoff:

Take a look at this site that I ran across when I was doing some searching on Dumont one day.

http://www.sandslingersclub.com/Sand9a.html

Scroll through a couple pages of it and check out the cars. It almost seems like those pics were from the 70's or 80's... when, in fact, they were from 99-2001. :laughing: It's crazy how time flies and how quickly the sport has changed. Now everyone and their mom has a long travel car.

Hey, maybe with the recent change in economy, this season Dumont will be full of more standard travel beam cars. :laughoff:

do you remeber riding in the back of pickups legaly, getting off your a$$ to change between 7 channels. or reach into the cooler and pull out a GLASS bottle of coke, or pull top beer cans ?? do you remember picking up a playboy mag and actually seeing hair down there........................ :laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

:laughing: This is about SANDRAILS, not your guys' "good ol days". :dunce: :laughoff:

its actually titled "days before long travel cars" all these things apply so were not :laughoff:

read the corprate manual page 12 paragraph 4 subtitle b sentance 2 :laughoff:

so dont be hatin............................... :blah:

btw cool pics on that sight :flipoff:

Edited by barefoot bob

How about back when you had to camp in the canyon bacause the road was to rough to get up top or upgrading your buggy to a 12volt system and seeing the rare sight of real paddle tires(rich f*****)or when the Sand Tires Unlimited truck was at Glamis and rented tires by the day!

The sand was smooth and we diddn't need long travel then :undecided: