Bummin a ride

Derblank

All right... here's the deal. I have tried and tried to bum a ride in a sandcar while out in Dumont. I have offered $$ for gas, but no go. I would not let any stranger to ride my quad, but what is the proper ettiquite for asking for a RIDE in a rail?? Is this taboo, and dont even ask?? Offer money straight up?? Offer to help make repairs if it breaks ( I am a certified GM tech (go figure)??

Or am I just out of my league even asking for a ride???

Need some ideas. I would love to go for a ride in one of those sand cars......

BTW, I am at the tender age of 40. Not like I'm a youngin looking to see how far a rail can fly off a razor.....

Yeah I try to give rides to people that ask as long as I feel comfy with them. Mine is a 2 seater so I can't take as many as Bob can but I would be glad to give you a ride if your out there. Completely different ride in a 2 seat car vs. a 4 seater.

I have found the best way to get a ride is being in the right place at the right time. The problem with that is usually most of the seats are already taken in the rails that leave camp, but if you end get to know some of the people at Dumont on a first name basis it makes it a little easier to be in "that right place at the right time". :beer_bang:

tone down... wtf were you smokin on that ride from the flats to the drags in glamis.. scarin the chit outta that old man in your car... bout gave the old guy a heart attack LOL...

Derblank... i usually dont ask for rides but sometimes get offered to go.. :D I would rather ride my 2 wheeler... but when i do get offered ill definatley take them up on it... especially if it means from keeping the car from rolling over... LOL

tone down... wtf were you smokin on that ride from the flats to the drags in glamis.. scarin the chit outta that old man in your car... bout gave the old guy a heart attack LOL...

Derblank... i usually dont ask for rides but sometimes get offered to go.. :D I would rather ride my 2 wheeler... but when i do get offered ill definatley take them up on it... especially if it means from keeping the car from rolling over... LOL

We wern't that close were we ISBB? :dope: :beer_bang: :grin: :beer_bang: :grin:

Edited by ynot

That was an exception. He was the dad of one in our group.. He had a blast and I did make his butt pucker a few times!! I heard that he talked alot about that ride before he passed away. Glad I brought a good memory to him before he went on to the better side..

Edited by bp-guy

One of the reason we camp alone is we can never leave camp without someone, or 2, or 3 wanting to go. Then once they get to they want to go all the time. It is hard to Danny to say no. Those cars suck alot of gas so it start to cost alot for us. I don't think he would take a stranger. To much liability. The last time we took our friend railing up Comp hill, she :lol: when we got back. I :lol::lol::lol: . But she is my best friend to she didn't get mad at me. Just told me to get her a :beercheers: .

if you want a ride and we are outat comp just ask no problem you can have a ride. But when we go for a ride the seat belonges to the boss when I had a four seater it was up to me who got a ride.

My rules for going to the dunes.

1. don't invite anyone who does not have a ride.

2. don't offer up my seats you did not pay for the car

3. if your car is a two seater you only have one seat to offer.

4. hope they have a tent or some place to sleep just because I have room don't offer up the toy hauler unless you want to pay for it.

Just a few rule to live by so there is no miss under standing in the dunes.

for people who go with us.

ask I will give a ride :beercheers::lol::lol:

sorry alittle off topic