9/22/07 trip report

dman74

just got back from Dumont

went out friday after work and it didn't look good on the way out

as soon as we got over Potasi it started raining and didn't stop untill about 3 or so saturday morning

Randogs friend Lou and his son alex showed up a few hours after Tom and i got there

Randog and Whitney got there around 10

and the party started seen as how the cars were not coming out of the trailers due to rain

Randog Tom and Myself played wii till about 3 am while consuming beverages

saturday morning was beatiful about 68 degrees and slightly cloudy at 530 am

so we unloaded the cars and Lou Tom and myself went for a ride while Randog slept

we went for 4 or 5 really good runs before dinner and then the rain came

Lou's kid Alex can ride well enough to keep up with Randog on a good ride through the dunes

this morning we went we wnt to check on the road out And Lou just about got washed away on the slab as he crossed the river on his quad whish i would have had a camera . then we went for a ride loaded up and went through little D to get out

as of now the road to Dumont is impassible with trailers unless you don't mind playing submarine captain

head towards home Tom and i get to shoshone and the road to Pahrump is closed so now we head towards the death valley junction. as we get to the death valley turn Tom and i are talkin and miss the turn and the road is way to narrow to turn around on when your pullin a bowling alley so needless to say we ended up going to amargosa valley and home via 95 not a bad road and only took an extra hour & 15 mins

the weekend was awesome the new trailer worked great and the only thing that broke was a cabinet door on my hauler

Edited by dman74

how did you guys manage to get across the water?? looks like good times. how did the new dune home work out for ya??

I CANT WAIT FOR OPENING WEEKEND!!!!

we went through little dumont to get out

the trailer is great

Yep :shout: Dumont Baby

Yiah Yiah :broke: :dance:

It wasn't raining at home but when we got to Baker, It was pouring.

The 127 hwy was really scary with the ponds we were hydroplaning across. :shocked2:

The gravel road you ask? :pissed: how does 7mph sound? :shake: Bad washboard.

Crossing looked good at this point in time. :thumb:

Rain kept us drinkin' indoors. And playin' Dman's Wii. Thanks man, now I need one of those effin' games.

I had to talk Dman into opening some windows for fresh air. :fart:

post-591-1190604593_thumb.jpg

Here's our huge camp :headbang1:

post-591-1190597920_thumb.jpg

For those of you who didn't know:

Dman has a totally new Attitude. :blah: Nice rig bud. :thumb:

Whitney posed as a Flamingo in the front yard. :laughing:

post-591-1190598189_thumb.jpg

Not many peeps out there. Saturday morning pic.

post-591-1190598357_thumb.jpg

Lou's new rig and new powder on the car. :headbang1:

post-591-1190598327_thumb.jpg

So we rolled over to the crossing in Dman's truck.

Because all the rain there where two crossings.

The new cement pad was buried but seemed solid under the stream.

The second crossing was ALL washed out. check it:

Yeah, we had to leave through little Dumont. No washboard though. :thumb:

post-591-1190598270_thumb.jpg

post-591-1190598301_thumb.jpg

We had some rippin' rides :driver::driver::driver: . The sand was wet but still smooth.

So we're stopped on a ride and some dudes pull up and asks:

"Are you guys part of DumontDuneRiders?" "Ohhhh Hells Yes!" :headbang1::headbang1:

It was Subie1 and his buddies. Nice cars guys :thumb: Good to meet ya.

post-591-1190598230_thumb.jpg

It didn't rain all day Saturday till the evening. so we covered em' up and stayed under the awnings.

post-591-1190598381_thumb.jpg

Well, it was an awesome trip. Safe and fun. Didn't hear of any injuries, and everything ran great.

I'll miss you all on the Kick-off. :undecided:

But, I'm really excited for the season. :driver:

Mutha Bitchezzz :MBdance:

R-

Edited by Randog

Nice!! Looks like alot of fun and good times! :broke:

Whitney's always sooo cute.

I love that pic of the dunes with the wet tracks Randog! Put that one up in the dune pics of the month - Great shot!! :D

Yeah we'll miss you on kickoff, but have fun in Hawaii :headbang1: If you reaally want to do kickoff, I'll trade ya :headbang1::headbang1: :dance:

Glad everyone made it home safely and everyting worked well!!

The pics look great, guys. Sounds like a fun, adventurous trip. :broke: Thats cool you guys saw some other DDR peeps out there. :dance:

Hey Randog, so Lou repowercoated his car? That was the red DD car from before right?

The water was so deep you couldn't cross? Aww come on. It doesn't look nearly as bad as Prez Day weekend 05. :headbang1:

The pics look great, guys. Sounds like a fun, adventurous trip. :broke: Thats cool you guys saw some other DDR peeps out there. :dance:

Hey Randog, so Lou repowercoated his car? That was the red DD car from before right?

The water was so deep you couldn't cross? Aww come on. It doesn't look nearly as bad as Prez Day weekend 05. :headbang1:

No, You're thinkin' of Stu's red car.

Lou's car was raw last season. They are both Desert Dynamics.

Prez 05' was knarly, but I don't remember everyone having to go through little D to get in or out. :headbang1:

The pic of Dman's truck was Saturday.

It got worse, the erosion was about two feet deep all the way across on Sunday. :headbang1:

There usually isn't that much water at one time, but when there is we need two cement pads.

I think the channel under the pad would have been a great idea. :headbang1:

So was the pad still there and passable by a MH? I'm guessing the dirt around the slab was eroded away??

Just wondering in case we have rain in October. I've never been in or out through Little D.

Thanks............... :dance: :headbang1::broke::headbang1::duniemonkie: :fro_smokin:

No, You're thinkin' of Stu's red car.

Lou's car was raw last season. They are both Desert Dynamics.

ohhhh, OK. :headbang1: Stu, Lou...come on! Tell your buddies to pick new nicknames will ya? :headbang1: j/k :dance: I remember the raw DD car last kickoff now that you mention it. :headbang1:

Anyways, that wet smooth sand looks fun. I kinda like it out there when it rains. Can you say TRACTION? :broke: Dman said he even pulled a wheelie huh? :headbang1::undecided:

We pulled in Sat AM to a line of trucks leaving. The river was raging and was uncrossable pulling a trailer. We were unfamilier with the little dunes and the dirt road to dumont, so we waited it out. Maybe by 11AM the water slowed enough to cross. The sand was great, overall a good time. The best was we didn`t break anything and nobody got hurt.

hi new here but not to dumont. we also went out, we got there wednesday night and had a geat time. by the way you guys with the buggies are crazy!!!! not sure which one of you had the light blue one but you were at our camp i think... we were with ben the guy with the newpurple one.

as for going out through the little dunes na we just called in and had to stay another night. the bosss has no idea that there was another way out. we crossed the river crossing about noon, slowly but we made it out alive...

i could have stayed for weeks, i love it out there.

hi new here but not to dumont. we also went out, we got there wednesday night and had a geat time. by the way you guys with the buggies are crazy!!!! not sure which one of you had the light blue one but you were at our camp i think... we were with ben the guy with the newpurple one.

as for going out through the little dunes na we just called in and had to stay another night. the bosss has no idea that there was another way out. we crossed the river crossing about noon, slowly but we made it out alive...

i could have stayed for weeks, i love it out there.

Welcome to DDR Rhonda. :beerpint:

Nobody is crazy if they have a buggy. :driver:

It's you guys on the quad that I think are crazy mohegans. :laughoff::coocoo:

Yep It was Lou that went to your camp with the blue buggy.

He actually sold the purple car to your buddy Ben.

I like that car alot. :bawl:

So you just call in and you get to stay? :banghead::bawl:

I'd be just fine if I were still there right now. :driver: :mic: :dance:

Anyways, enjoy the site. Great peeps here for sure. :coocoo:

:DDRrocks:

Randy when you call in do you call your house or do you call your cell or work or do you just talk to yourself :coocoo::laughoff:

:laughoff::laughoff: Good Question.

Yeah, I usually just talk to myself. :blah:

But sometimes I catch myself not even listening to myself.

I mean like who would anyways? :laughing:

:DDRrocks:

Whitney works also and It's tough for her to get time off sometimes. :lol:

Do you mean TH trailers or any kind of trailer? I have an open trailer for the rail and was just wondering.

Mike,

Dman was talkin' about last weekend.

By now the BLM probably has the crossing cleared up since it stopped raining.

For the best info on it check out this thread:

river crossing

R-

My boss knew and even predicted that i would call off on manday. My husband is self employed and business is slow. so ya i just called in and got to stay. BTW we did cross the river on Monday. It was a little scary. But we made it with: and 18ft travel trailer a truck loaded with bikes and My jeep cherokee ( not 4x4) and a chevy box van, my nine year old was nervous, but we are still alive. that had to be one of the best trips i have made. 6 days of sand :headbang1::idiot::slap: