Vendor Row- new spot

dunefreak

I have spoke with a couple different vendors and also confirmed it with the BLM. Vendor row will no longer be located past bathroom 10 on the left. Lynnette told me that it is going to be moved to south of the rock pile. It will run north to south and will be apporoximately D8/ D9 on the grid map.

I am not sure when exactly this will begin, but I am guessing the start of the new season or Halloween weekend.

normal_camp.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rock pile people are not going to like that :undecided:

Thats what I was thinking. Alot of people like camping there. I think they should have put it off to the left side of the road a ways across from the ranger station. I agree it should be moved though. Between the dust and all the fools getting stuck it was pretty chitty for the vendors. I kinda liked watching everyone get stuck though to tell ya the truth. :beercheers: :beercheers:

Thats what I was thinking. Alot of people like camping there. I think they should have put it off to the left side of the road a ways across from the ranger station. I agree it should be moved though. Between the dust and all the fools getting stuck it was pretty chitty for the vendors. I kinda liked watching everyone get stuck though to tell ya the truth. :laughoff::beercheers:

:undecided: :mc_smiley: yup :laughing:

ill be at or near b7 for kick off you should put the grid up in meet and greet i know where you r grid is already :beercheers:

Pete, the vendors were offered the side oppisite the Sherrifs station first. They as a group decided it was to soft there and took the area to the right of the station. They were moved for their safety and everyone elses. Having a lot of cash and having the rangers nearby would be good in my opinion. Also the area they were in was a huge accident waiting to happen. Also since the vendors will be selling passes it gives them the chance to advertise that fact on the back of their rigs.

Pete, the vendors were offered the side oppisite the Sherrifs station first. They as a group decided it was to soft there and took the area to the right of the station. They were moved for their safety and everyone elses. Having a lot of cash and having the rangers nearby would be good in my opinion. Also the area they were in was a huge accident waiting to happen. Also since the vendors will be selling passes it gives them the chance to advertise that fact on the back of their rigs.

Yeah I completely understand and agree. But the area I was refrring to would have also been close to the Rangers still and actually on pretty hard pack. The area to left of the road is all rock. That area they are moving to is actually pretty soft at times. Over the summer at the first night ride, I was spinning my tires getting through that area with my hauler. :beercheers: Hopefully as the season starts it will become a little more hard packed over there. :undecided:

Time to update every map on DDR now. :mc_smiley: :beercheers:

My understanding is that they were going to be on the edge of the canyon and then run south and north. That would keep the rock pile peeps semi happy and only displace a few that camp on the outer edge of the flats above the pass check area. I believe the TRT tried to make it the best move for everybody with the least amount of displaced duners. I am sure some people will complain but that's not unusual with anything new. :beercheers:

My understanding is that they were going to be on the edge of the canyon and then run south and north. That would keep the rock pile peeps semi happy and only displace a few that camp on the outer edge of the flats above the pass check area. I believe the TRT tried to make it the best move for everybody with the least amount of displaced duners. I am sure some people will complain but that's not unusual with anything new. :beercheers:

That's where my group usually camps. I personally prefer to get closer....that's why I bought a 4x4.....

No biggie. Anything is better than the spaghetti bowl that was created when they were in the old place.

Good, get rid of that shopping mall in the most congested area. Glad to see this change.

I'd prefer to see them gone all together. I just liked the Dumont of 15-20 years ago before it became commercialized and started drawing in all of the knuckleheads.

:DDRrocks:

why don't you guys HOG this :laughoff: I think they never should have had them [ the vendors ] right up front

! much less let them bottle neck at the finger , that was just plain GAY !!

:lol: HOW DARE YOU BLASPHEME THE HOG

MY WIFE WONT MAKE ME BREAKFAST HALF THE TIME YOU LEAVE THE HOG OUTA THIS

and i dont care if they move it. but it might not taste as good with no dust in it !!! :laughoff::laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

:DDRrocks:

:lol: HOW DARE YOU BLASPHEME THE HOG

MY WIFE WONT MAKE ME BREAKFAST HALF THE TIME YOU LEAVE THE HOG OUTA THIS

and i dont care if they move it. but it might not taste as good with no dust in it !!! :laughoff::laughing:

lol bob i have never eatin the dust before...... :D i am always 1st :laughoff:

anyone know if the vendors will be out on opening weekend? might need flags. or supplies for big yeller ( that was for bob) new taillight or something. :D

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

lol bob i have never eatin the dust before...... :D i am always 1st :laughing:

anyone know if the vendors will be out on opening weekend? might need flags. or supplies for big yeller ( that was for bob) new taillight or something. :D

Capt

Yep I beleive there will be some. I know Sandcrazd will be out there for sure. :DDRrocks:

hey thanks pete. are you bringing any stickers with you next week? i need a windshield sticker.

Capt

I no longer have any vinyl stickers (like the windshield ones) on hand. Those are all handled through J&J Vinyl now. You can purchase them online and he will ship them to you. The link is at the bottom of the page in the DDR Store.

I will have some of the full color logo stickers with me though! :laughing: I'll hook you up. :DDRrocks: