Polaris 250 auto quad?

Dune Dad

I have been looking for a automatic quad for my daughter for a little while. The only reasonably priced quad im finding is the Polaris 250 automatic quad.

There are a lot of these quads for sale on Craigslist, Bike trader and whatever else....

Are these quads just junk or is it that people are just out growing them to fast?? Some say that the Polaris auto is a P.O.S. because they break down all the time and the parts are too expensive... Other say that it is really a beginners quad.

I dont really care if its a little under powered... I just dont want to buy junk!

Does anyone out there know what these quads are about?

Thanks!

:beercheers:

Edited by Dune Family

my wife had a 06 trailblazer 250 awseome bike for a wife or younger kid got around the dunes just fine easy to ride , and nice suspension for the price . onlything i could see being wrong with the bike is being a beginners bike for say they get abused by being treated like a rental cause anyone can pretty much handle it . only reason we got rid of it was to get a rhino . here's my nephew who never laid hands on a quad riding it . after a few runs on flat ground he was following me thru the dunes with ease .

post-638-1191645999_thumb.jpg

I started out the wife and three kids on a pair of Trailblazers. Very reliable and trouble free. No need to worry about premixing as it does it all for you. They are heavy because they have the steel running boards but that adds to their stability and durability. And safety for beginers.

Once you feel she has the skills for a little more power/speed the Ritter Cycle Racing kits are very affordable and add quite a bit to the whole experience.

Just normal routine maintenance and you will get many years of enjoyment out of the Trailblazer. They make it easier to make the jump to a larger bike once it is mastered, because of the weight. Probably about the same as most of the 450's out now.

Guest bicket

My first quad was a Polaris 330 trail boss and I loved it.....It didn't take long for me to want a faster bike to ride up the dunes. I still have it as a backup. They are easy to ride and anyone can get on and go. I agree about the tractor tires....they suck for sand. It is a 2005 and still runs like a champ!

we had 23 of them at our shop when i did atv tours out here in vegas, they do take a beating, bars bend easy. and in the summer since it is an air cooled 2 stroke, they can tend to over heat and blow the motors. all you have to do is get the right air filter, clean it all the time, and run it a bit rich and carry extra plugs.

up grades for the TB 250 are pretty simple, new clutch spring, pipe. you can get the whole package for about 500.00 and it really wakes up the 250. also, these pigs are heavy as hell! its dam near a 2 man lift to get it in and out of a truck.

my 11yr old niece hopped on my wife's 2006 polaris trailblazer 250 and was riding like a pro in minutes and she had never ridden a quad before. what i think is good about it is the fact that its kinda a big quad very stable and wide, my wife doesn't like to shift so thats why we got it ... but it will be for sale after thanksgiving weeked and it will be at dumont over thanksgiving weekend if anyone's interested super low hours only out 2x dumont presidents day weekend and coral pink labor day weekend

post-2095-1191803153_thumb.jpg

my 11yr old niece hopped on my wife's 2006 polaris trailblazer 250 and was riding like a pro in minutes and she had never ridden a quad before. what i think is good about it is the fact that its kinda a big quad very stable and wide, my wife doesn't like to shift so thats why we got it ... but it will be for sale after thanksgiving weeked and it will be at dumont over thanksgiving weekend if anyone's interested super low hours only out 2x dumont presidents day weekend and coral pink labor day weekend

my daughter whos 11 yrs old has 1 and it rides great. my daughter wants a rhino so it is also for sale and will be out on halloween.

she is able to follow through the smaller dunes without to mush problem. banshe hill- goes about half way up (without paddles) comp hil 1/4 way up. but good for flat and smaller dunes.. rides very comfy.. hers is an 06 also.

Capt