whats up with men and the garage

Drunkest Girl In The World

Yeah I hear you there dunefreak. By the time I get home I'm so sick of working on other peoples cars that I don't even want to look at my galaxie :( which I've been trying to rebuild for three years now

Yep, it sucks. I used to love working on stuff and building cars/trucks, but I just can't get into it anymore. By the time I get home, I can't even THINK about working on anything automotive related either. :thumb:

I wonder why???? :thumb::blury::beerpint::woo_hoo::woo_hoo:

post-3-1193289915_thumb.jpg

post-3-1193289889_thumb.jpg

:DDRrocks:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it sucks. I used to love working on stuff and building cars/trucks, but I just can't get into it anymore. By the time I get home, I can't even THINK about working on anything automotive related either. :blury:

I wonder why???? :think::beerpint::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::lol:

post-3-1193289915_thumb.jpg

post-3-1193289889_thumb.jpg

:DDRrocks:

Nice clusterf*ck you got going there.......but your also working on american vehicles, which in my opinion is a helluva lot easier than some of the crazy shite the germans can come up with....its not called 'german over engineering' for nothing... :thumb::blink::thumb::isbb::dope::laughoff:

Damn Kenny looks like a doctors office (clean) :MBdance:

cuz theres no rhinos any more :lol: looks nice though :lol:

This should best describe what goes on in my garage!!!

:freakin_nuts: :laughing::lol: :peek:

post-2263-1193064213_thumb.jpg

hey, did you take that pic in my garage? :peek:

Yeah I was wondering how long it would be before rhino king had to show off his new pristine garage. I would never want a garage like that though- it doesn't have any sand toys in it! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

exactly. :clap: cmon Kenny, get some damn toys. :ninja:

Nice clusterf*ck you got going there.......but your also working on american vehicles, which in my opinion is a helluva lot easier than some of the crazy shite the germans can come up with....its not called 'german over engineering' for nothing... :freakin_nuts: :lol::MBdance::lol::lol::lol:

American vehicles- YES....with Japanese motors (Duramax's) :lol::laughing: They aren't as hard to work on as they used to be only cause I am getting better or maybe more used to working on them.

BTW: That truck in the pic is just a simple teardown & motor swap. You have to remove the entire front end to get it out of the truck though. :peek: :peek:

American vehicles- YES....with Japanese motors (Duramax's) :lol: :freakin_nuts: They aren't as hard to work on as they used to be only cause I am getting better or maybe more used to working on them.

BTW: That truck in the pic is just a simple teardown & motor swap. You have to remove the entire front end to get it out of the truck though. :peek: :laughing:

I swear the engineers get together at meetings :peek: just to see how many ways they can :lol: us over :lol::MBdance:

• 4 weeks later...

My dad collects old cars, so I never parked in a garage (much less a driveway) until I was out of college! Back when my parents lived in OC, my dad parked 5 cars in a 3 car garage and had 3 in the driveway. We used to get all kinds of hate mail from the association :bs: , but they lived in that house for 19 years!!! When they moved to AZ, they built a custom home with an 11 car garage underneath and a 2 car garage for their normal cars! My poor mom didn't park in a garage until then!!! :laughoff:

Here are some pics of my dad's garage. If you look real closely, you can see my first car, a 67 Cougar. My dad's first car is the 32 Ford parked at the front of his garage and the one he's backing up his crazy driveway!!!

post-1635-1195522224_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1195522249_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1195522274_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1195522340_thumb.jpg

My dad collects old cars, so I never parked in a garage (much less a driveway) until I was out of college! Back when my parents lived in OC, my dad parked 5 cars in a 3 car garage and had 3 in the driveway. We used to get all kinds of hate mail from the association :dope: , but they lived in that house for 19 years!!! When they moved to AZ, they built a custom home with an 11 car garage underneath and a 2 car garage for their normal cars! My poor mom didn't park in a garage until then!!! :beercheers:

Here are some pics of my dad's garage. If you look real closely, you can see my first car, a 67 Cougar. My dad's first car is the 32 Ford parked at the front of his garage and the one he's backing up his crazy driveway!!!

wow i never met your dad, but I think I love him :blink::whoop:

Thats a house....ur I mean garage :news:

wow i never met your dad, but I think I love him :whoop: :jester:

Thats a house....ur I mean garage :old:

He used to have a 40 Ford, which was featured in Hot Rod as car of the year (like late 80's/early 90's). He ended up selling it years later.

Yeah, my dad and my hubby get along really well. They love to hang out, kick tires and drink beer! :beercheers: We're going to see them in a couple weeks and head down to Phoenix for the Sand Show.

Edited by Kitcat

I like it in the garage with Charlie, sometimes. I like the torches, cuttin metal or helping him heat up metal to bend it. Helped rebuild a CAT 3208 motor for our old field truck, putting the rings on the pistons, putting the pistons in, crank, injectors, etc. BUT torqe the heads, sucks!!!!!!! First time around was ok second time I got 3 bolts, I was done!!!!!!! Sore for 3 days after.

Learned my lesson, leave the torqe wrench alone.

Second lesson was, if you hear the m-f word comming from the garage, don't go out there.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

Second lesson was, if you hear the m-f word comming from the garage, don't go out there.

Would someone please inform my wife of lesson # 2. :idea: I believe she thinks it means come out and piss me off even more than I already am! :stick_smack::rockwoot: :gayboy: