how did the quads run this weekend

quad~dizzle

my baby blue banshee ran well, i was excited to run it again.

the baby pink banshee still needs to be figured out. another weekend of playing with the gearing and paddles and it'll be solved. ran well though, it's on the third season of the ground-up build and no issues (except for changing over to 35mm carbs recently and trying to figure out the right set-up)

the white 700 raptor ran flawlessly this weekend, my friend rode it and i'm sure it won 0 races heh. (it's only pipe, filter, and controller)

rhino ran good as well.

i'll hopefully have the 734 raptor out there on veterans day, and it'll be atleast president's day weekend before i bust out the rx'd quadzilla.

My 501 ran like a raped ape.I was really happy with it.The only single cylinder 4 stroke that beat it was the black 720 kenz raptor.Capt's Rappy was running much better.Looked like him and danny had some good races.Alot of fun over at the hill.I had my whole family with me so i didnt spend as much time over there as i usually do.

My 501 ran like a raped ape.I was really happy with it.The only single cylinder 4 stroke that beat it was the black 720 kenz raptor.Capt's Rappy was running much better.Looked like him and danny had some good races.Alot of fun over at the hill.I had my whole family with me so i didnt spend as much time over there as i usually do.

yes your bike ran AWESOME :drunk: man i need a stroker lol fri night my bike ran good but sat the cluch finally slipped up and didnt do as well, thought was the cold weather but found the clutch crapped out on me....2nd weekend with it :drunk:

Danny did very well, his bike is fast also... man o man what a race :beercheers:

Aaron your bike looks good also stands out (as it should lol)

Capt

El Duners TRX was a monster too.Cooler rack and all,lol.That thing was gettin it.Nice job gerry.The apache bike(candy green and black trx) was there too.Rene was having a couple issues with it unfortunately.It was nice seeing everyone and chatting out there.Cant wait til next time.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

yes your bike ran AWESOME :grin: man i need a stroker lol fri night my bike ran good but sat the cluch finally slipped up and didnt do as well, thought was the cold weather but found the clutch crapped out on me....2nd weekend with it :driver:

Danny did very well, his bike is fast also... man o man what a race :booty:

Aaron your bike looks good also stands out (as it should lol)

Capt

ill bet your clutch got smoked on the dune ride before you shot over there

Had a good time at the hill with Sandraptor, Aaron and Danny. I did not get to try Capt again, would have been fun. My bike pretty well, but still need to work on the setup and a few other things. I think my motor works well just need the other stuff to.

Aaron's bike always seems to do well and Sandraptors bike was much faster this time out. But it was a fun weekend even if I did not do well.

The dunes were so beat up, my Raptor 700 made me feel like I was on my 350 again. I had fun on mine and it did really well, just need to realize how much power I really have...and it can go up anything. The throttle needs to be adjusted big time...after a while I looked special riding trying to use the palm of my hand to push it.

My Zilla ran good at Amargosa. I wasn't the fastest at Comp Hill but I wasn't the slowest either. My five year old ITP paddles are worn out and the quad wouldn't hook up, so I think its time for some Skat-Track Haulers. I took one run out on the Z400 to the hills and had to go back to camp and get the Zilla. The Z400 is just too damn slow. I've been looking at turbos for it all day. :D

Edited by Quadzilladude

My Zilla ran good at Amargosa. I wasn't the fastest at Comp Hill but I wasn't the slowest either. My five year old ITP paddles are worn out and the quad wouldn't hook up, so I think its time for some Skat-Track Haulers. I took one run out on the Z400 to the hills and had to go back to camp and get the Zilla. The Z400 is just too damn slow. I've been looking at turbos for it all day. :D

I think i saw you :D

My 450TRX ran like a Bat out of Hell :lol: Those 450's are fast little :blink:'s

Then it ran over me :banghead::dope:

Yupp I agree.....

Aaron,

thanks for the props bro.... I really wish when I made my changes you where still there to see how they changed my ride... I know it felt a lot better at top... I was running it on the rich side cause I was too lazy to change it out... thats what I get for that... lol

then I change out my jetting and like a dumb a$$ try my stock CDI to see what it will run like.... lol ... soon fount that out... thats what I was running in the mid afternoon when we where chilling to side of the hill... where we where getting sand blasted...

Put on the Dyna and she came back alive... lol

next time.... but your bike ran awesome too bro... just never thought it was that big till Bako told me you where running a +3 crank... with a 480 venom big bore.... then a huge smile came on my face when I realized that my little stockbore did awesome against your bike..... :dunno: like always a pleasure to run and chill and say what up....

One thing is for sure... there where some that where talking a little too much that at the end never showed up with there rides! That is why I just stood quiet this time.......

So what ya think of my new addition? "The cooler" is what I call it... lol

i saw you guys out there

i was riding my dads friends suzuki 250, looked like a quadzilla, smoked quite a few people :]

but lord, i couldnt believe how fast your bike went up there hill

it was like a 3-4 second run ahah

but other than that

me and my dad and his friend hit up the dunes early friday morning before to many people tore them up,

my dad rode his predator, i rode my trx400, and my dads friend rode his new kfx 450,

it was so smooth and nice!

Well for the first trip out to Dumont with the YFZ450 I couldnt believe how well it did! I wanna say screw work and go back out :thumbsdown: It ran great all weekend with no problems. It beat a few people up comp and got beat a few times but it was good times

my quad ran very good had the wheels off the ground most of the time did some heel clickers a few times but i only came back with one light instead of 2 after i rolled it once but i had the most fun on my quad than i have ever had on it before.

who was missed? out at the hill?

Aaron? you mean to tell me you went from a +3 to a +10 for me? ahhhhhh lol I love you to :D:thumbsdown:

Your nuts man :shocked2: :shocked2: fun though :drinkbeer:

Capt

Huh?I dont get it.It was already a stock stroke 480 then i put the 3 mil stroke in it to make it a 501.

Yupp I agree.....

Aaron,

thanks for the props bro.... I really wish when I made my changes you where still there to see how they changed my ride... I know it felt a lot better at top... I was running it on the rich side cause I was too lazy to change it out... thats what I get for that... lol

then I change out my jetting and like a dumb a$$ try my stock CDI to see what it will run like.... lol ... soon fount that out... thats what I was running in the mid afternoon when we where chilling to side of the hill... where we where getting sand blasted...

Put on the Dyna and she came back alive... lol

next time.... but your bike ran awesome too bro... just never thought it was that big till Bako told me you where running a +3 crank... with a 480 venom big bore.... then a huge smile came on my face when I realized that my little stockbore did awesome against your bike..... :thumbsdown: like always a pleasure to run and chill and say what up....

One thing is for sure... there where some that where talking a little too much that at the end never showed up with there rides! That is why I just stood quiet this time.......

So what ya think of my new addition? "The cooler" is what I call it... lol

Ya your bike is a runner for sure.I will regear mine and be back.iT should be capable of about 64mph with me on it for sure.It was still geared for the 480 and had plenty of torque and HP on tap to pull more gear.I ran it up the hill in 5th and it pulled 5th too :drinkbeer: I really like the torque of the BB stroker.We will do it again for sure.Good work on the stockbore!!

Hey do you guys know if maybe the ITP paddles I have on my quad, might be too small for the power? Cause on top of one hill they wouldn't hook up and just spun and got me stuck. Yeah that was embarassing.

Well if Bert (sanddunesaddict) is selling his quads you might want to see if he would sell you his 21-12-10 9 cup Padla Brats.Those are awesome all aorund tires.U wont be getting stuck with those.Those would be perfect for your Raptor.The problem with molded tires like you are running is they are very heavy and dont float on the sand very good at all.Thats why the get buried so easy.The Padla Brats are taller and really light along with the 9 cups they hook up great and are really easy to turn because the light weight tire.The Brats dune really good too.Even if he doesnt sell his call Fullerton Sand Sports(714-484-5977)talk to Joe.If you already have a 10" wheel just buy a set of play cut Padla Brats.You could sell your sand stars on ebay to make up for alot of the cost of the new tires.If you want something a little cheaper cost wise get some 21x12x8 6 or 7 cup haulers.If you want really good duning tires the Sand Skates are awesome.Talk to joe at fullerton he will walk you thru it.Talk to bert too maybe he will cut loose with a set of his.Good Luck!!

Hey Aaron, it was good getting beat by you and Danny again :headbang1: me and Scott were talking and thought maybe we could get you and Danny out and see if you guys wanted to do a day at the hill to do a little test and tune.

Edited by mineurbiz