Xmas gift for kids

Danielle

With Christmas right around the corner we are trying to decide on getting the kids xbox,Wi,PS3.

We have never let the kids have video games before other than the plug n play's and there gameboy's,so we are kinda out of the loop on this stuff for kids.

Any opinions on which one would be better would be much appreciated.

Thank You in advance, :D

Danielle

We bought the X-Box system about a year before the X-Box 360 was released. My boy loves it, but it is getting to be obsolete because you can't buy many games for it at retail outlets. You can still get them at Amazon.com and e-bay.

I hear the X-box 360 is quite a machine and the price was recently lowered by about $50 or $100.

I would recommend looking at the type and price of games available for each system before you decide. That might help you make your choice. Check out your local Best Buy or Circuit City or go online. That's my .02!

Sarge

I am bidding on a Wii right now on Ebay,but I noticed that walmart is selling them for $560.00 :DDRrocks:

I thought they are about $250.00.Am I looking at something wrong ???:grin:

try craigs list..thats where we bought ours. Brand new from some girl not hardly used at all(just like new with box) kids will never know.

paid i think 300 for it there!!

Capt

Don't do it they'll never get off there butts.... Come buy my 2 kids dirt bikes JR 80 and PW 80... LOL just kidding, get X-box 360 and the game Halo, then you can yell @ Chris for sitting in front of the TV...

(just kidding Chris)

Thanks Brian :DDRrocks: I know I will be in trouble once I get this thing.The Boxing will begin :grin:

If I am reading correctly about the Wii.Are you suppose to be connected to the internet when using it??

No you do not need to be connected to the internet. My kids are not alowed to be on the internet without us knowing what site and they are not to go anywhere else on there. so no on that.

Capt

Go with the Wii. My Son as Xbox 360 and my girls monopolize it for Guitar Hero 1,2,3. Now that the Wii has that game, that's a winner. Also, they have to interact by getting off the couch to play. All the games for the Wii are cool as hell.

Go with the Wii. My Son as Xbox 360 and my girls monopolize it for Guitar Hero 1,2,3. Now that the Wii has that game, that's a winner. Also, they have to interact by getting off the couch to play. All the games for the Wii are cool as hell.

I think that is what I am going with :D I keep getting outbid on ebay :DDRrocks: been bidding all day.

I think that is what I am going with :D I keep getting outbid on ebay :DDRrocks: been bidding all day.

Try Walmart.com or Game Crazy. Walmart.com has the bundle pack in stock now. We got our system at Game Crazy and the Guitar Hero at Walmart.

the wii is the way to go. You shouldnt have to bid on ebay to get them anymore. The best buy here in town had stacks of them yesterday. The 560 you are seeing on walmart.com is for a bundle pack and it isnt a good deal at all. Just call walmart and target best buy etc.. everyday and check to see when they get them in.

the wii is the way to go. You shouldnt have to bid on ebay to get them anymore. The best buy here in town had stacks of them yesterday. The 560 you are seeing on walmart.com is for a bundle pack and it isnt a good deal at all. Just call walmart and target best buy etc.. everyday and check to see when they get them in.

Thanks

Like Tim said go buy it from a store ....e-bay is :watching: for that stuff, sometimes they get more on e-bay than you can get new at a local electronics store

Yeah that is what it was starting to look like last night.

Thanks everyone for all your input.The Wii is what we are going to get now just need to find a store that has one :D

I think that is what I am going with :D I keep getting outbid on ebay :dope: been bidding all day.

Danielle Call me I have a WII and if you pay more then 249 for it you are getting ripped off. Plus I know of a few places that have them close to our houses.. XOXO see you soon i need my hair cut this time!!! :watching::blink:

Edited by Danyell

To second everyone else, get the Wii. Got it for my kids (10 and 7) and they love it. It's a very interactive system and has replaced the number one slot that the PS3/XBox 360 use to contend over.

Ok I just bought the Wii at walmart they only had 3 left so i went and got one and took everyones advice.payed $249.00 and it came with the sport games and one controller and one numbchuck.

Thanks you guys :laughoff:

Next questions

I still need 3 more controllers and 3 more numbchucks plus games etc....

1. Is it cheaper to bid on those on ebay or just buy those from the store as well?

2. Is there certain controller's, that I should buy or is there some that aren't worth it?

3. I read that game cube is compatible with Wii,should i buy more of those games cause they are cheaper?

Thanks to all of you again :D

Check out Sam's Club and/or Super Walmart....I've seen a package deal with a charger, controllers, and other accessories. Super has the "bras" that you can slip over the controllers (and the numbchuck) in different colors so each kid can claim their own. As per my Kelsey, any game can be played with either the controller or numbchuck, but it's more fun if you have the steering wheel to go with driving games, the Zelda and Metroid games need the numbchuck, and she says there's a 'sword' attachment you put the controller in to make those more fun. They've played with Danyell's console often. post-1889-1194319724_thumb.gif