EMS Staffing for Thanksgiving weekend

Hey to all this comes on good authority that this weekend will have minimal EMS staff for the busy Thanksgiving weekend. How does that feel, up the price of admission but decrease the staff that takes care of you in the event of an emergency. So take it easy it might take a bit longer than usual to recieve help if you need it.

Hey to all this comes on good authority that this weekend will have minimal EMS staff for the busy Thanksgiving weekend. How does that feel, up the price of admission but decrease the staff that takes care of you in the event of an emergency. So take it easy it might take a bit longer than usual to recieve help if you need it.

Would you like to advise where that information came from? I personally know that the BLM had plans for the full compliment to be on hand. Unless something occurred in between Sat and now so I would be curious as to where that came from.

Terry

Good authority :beercheers: 1st post and starting rumors :jester: I bet you are WRONG!

Edited by Kens Colors

The key word there in planned on having a full compliment. If you don't believe me just wait and see. There probably will not be enough people to staff the EMS station through out the night. I'm not sure on the LEO side of things probably the sherriff and CHP and normal Rangers.

I know that the LEO will be in large # out this weekend I have good info from SB Sherffis they well be their in force . The ranger will have 75% of barstows office out at Dumont .

During the week Sun Thru Wed the 21 Not a Ranger around or LEO

Let have a safe weekend and Look out for the Little One :jester: :beercheers::whoop: :shout: :old:

The key word there in planned on having a full compliment. If you don't believe me just wait and see. There probably will not be enough people to staff the EMS station through out the night. I'm not sure on the LEO side of things probably the sherriff and CHP and normal Rangers.

So reveal your source!! You are an EMT?

No I'm not an EMT and thank goodness especially after Presidents weekend. They looked really busy. And as far as my source goes lets just say I have a few "friends" that deal with things first hand. Childish yes but also informative. Just trying to pass the word on to be safe. Hope fully after this weekend I'll have some credibility.

No I'm not an EMT and thank goodness especially after Presidents weekend. They looked really busy. And as far as my source goes lets just say I have a few "friends" that deal with things first hand. Childish yes but also informative. Just trying to pass the word on to be safe. Hope fully after this weekend I'll have some credibility.

Well I guess we will find out about your creditability or lack there of. I copied this and sent it off to BLM in Barstow for there response.

The ranger camp was huge as usual although they were all gone and not even anybody at the gate checking passes when I left at 2-2:30 on Sunday. :pissed:

I was thinking where the hell are they when I went through too! I guess those that snuck in at night also got to sneak out free of charge. a$$hats!

I was in there on Friday paying for my season pass and there were people in there complaining about the prices. I told them where the fees go and about the funding not being there anymore. The lady at the trailer said "thank you, can you stay here all day and explain this." No body understands but I for one will be happy that I paid incase I get hurt just knowing that the EMT's and Rangers WILL be there to help me and all the others.

Ran into some BLM Fire guys that are stationed near us and they said that there was a shortage of EMS people due to the fire in Malibu since most of the EMS services are the fire guys. They said fortunately it wasn't a problem.

Ran into some BLM Fire guys that are stationed near us and they said that there was a shortage of EMS people due to the fire in Malibu since most of the EMS services are the fire guys. They said fortunately it wasn't a problem.

See there you have it some confirmation from someone who asked the EMT's. From what I hear though it wasn't really a problem because it was an unusually calm weekend thank goodness. I also saw that baker ambulance had two ambulances sitting there which helped with the shortage I'm sure. Although my information was correct it seems it causes more trouble than good so I'll keep that kinda stuff to myself. My apologies for starting trouble. Let me know if you want me to post things like this in the future like I said I have a source...lol.

See there you have it some confirmation from someone who asked the EMT's. From what I hear though it wasn't really a problem because it was an unusually calm weekend thank goodness. I also saw that baker ambulance had two ambulances sitting there which helped with the shortage I'm sure. Although my information was correct it seems it causes more trouble than good so I'll keep that kinda stuff to myself. My apologies for starting trouble. Let me know if you want me to post things like this in the future like I said I have a source...lol.

In response to your initial comment I inquired to my contact at BLM and below is the response I was sent. So if your "contact" is a vendor or somebody who works for BLM and felt slighted on the overtime this might not be as good of a source as you think.

Second, your post caused no problem and I am glad to see questions brought up and that we can get real answers for those that ask.

Here's part of the response that concerned the EMT coverage over Thanksgiving;

Terry,

We had medical staff at Dumont this weekend, same as for all major holiday

weekends. The fire crew is very well trained, in my opinion, and they are

the lead for the medicals.

If this is a vendor at the dunes posting, then this may have started with

some internal grumblings because certain staff had less overtime to work

this weekend than they desired. Basically we staffed up at the peak use

time, and staffed down at the slower times. This lets us manage our budget

better than having everyone there from Wenesday through Sunday. So, since

there are less medicals on Sunday when people are leaving, we would have

less medical staff on Sunday than on Saturday. So, some people did not

get overtime for Sunday, and in frustration, someone did tell some of the

vendors. That should not have happened, but its hard to control whining.

Edited by ynot