most calm T Day weekend ever

dunefreak

What did everyone one else think? It seemed like there was quite a few duners out there this weekend, but it also seemed like there were way less of the usual holiday weekend idiots. My only complaint was that the kids camped next to us were wheeling all damn day long right next to nearby trailers, but other than that I didn't see too much of the usual a$$hats out there. Oh yeah, and there was alot of metal stakes on the finger dunes, but I'm not getting into that at all again. :clap::pissed:

Anyways, I wonder if the Dumont fee increase had anything to do with it. :pissed: I heard Glamis was also kinda the same way though. Maybe it's gas prices and the economy that forced many to stay home this trip. Either way, I enjoyed it and had a great time. :beat::grin:

hey Barefoot_Bob I saw you guys out dunin off in the distance.. couldnt miss that flag. Glamis was really nice i was surprised at how many people were out there yet how calm it was. We left wash 14 and took off towards the dunes dune to the closure stakes and back around brawley slide into the big bowls behind olds and only ran across like 2 groups that we got mixed up in.. i was really surprised... that had to have been one of the best rides ever... 3 CR500's on a warm up ride easy cruise that went from zero to pauly paul in no time.. :D

It was so calm i even found some super super super soft dunes.. I hit one of these dunes cuz i was doing a double back to look for my brother and next thing i know i look down and i only see the top inch or so of my front wheel and then that sudden stop that goes with it..

I was waaay surprised to see virgin sand in glamis on t-day weekend it was really nice.

Guest Crasher

I thought this trip was the best of the year so far. Just the right amount of people. It was definitely a weekend for quads and farm equipment!! Not as many rails as usual. :lol:

Good times for sure!!! :laughoff:

I kept hearing how calm it was. I know Sat night the dunes were totally dark, like everyone was asleep.

I noticed that too!! We could see the face "hill" from our camp, usually busy and lit most of the night, but not this weekend. Even with the moon out, traffic was light from our point of view. Just a little bit of late night traffic out by us, slept SOOOOOO good!! :D

I was really amazed how few riders we crossed paths with, especially on Friday. Lots-o-elbow room! Saturday the majority of our group went for a ride before the meet-n-greet, like 15 of us, so we were our own traffic jam! :laughoff: :dance:

hey Barefoot_Bob I saw you guys out dunin off in the distance.. couldnt miss that flag. Glamis was really nice i was surprised at how many people were out there yet how calm it was. We left wash 14 and took off towards the dunes dune to the closure stakes and back around brawley slide into the big bowls behind olds and only ran across like 2 groups that we got mixed up in.. i was really surprised... that had to have been one of the best rides ever... 3 CR500's on a warm up ride easy cruise that went from zero to pauly paul in no time.. :D

It was so calm i even found some super super super soft dunes.. I hit one of these dunes cuz i was doing a double back to look for my brother and next thing i know i look down and i only see the top inch or so of my front wheel and then that sudden stop that goes with it..

I was waaay surprised to see virgin sand in glamis on t-day weekend it was really nice.

how come you didnt come say high ?? i kept expecting you to roll up on me. we were in the back bowls behind olds too. bitchin dunin. we were going so hard we looked over and had to stop we were at the dang closure area. lol 1 trip we did i swear my car was in the air as much as on the ground. :fro_smokin:

we got close to wash 14 we had to stop at wash 11 to air capt tire after the giant get stuck athon we had thurs morning. where did you see me at ???? and we were over by brawly slide as well on that return from roadrunner. i dunno where the heck james was taking us :dance:

Edited by barefoot bob