Cheap H.I.D lights

CaptNkllm

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=122502

read through the post. I have bought 7 of these... they list for $119.00 but there is a coupon you can get for 25% off so i ended up paying under $100 dollars per light here are some pics of the light vs my halogen

post-1097-1196488419_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1196488436_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1196488451_thumb.jpg

they work great... not to much money as compaired to others and i dont htink they can be beat for the price.....

also i took off the outer ring to paint them blue to match the rail so thats why it looks plain

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow those look good for the price i might get some for the front bumper of my truck

they work awesome!! just wanted to let everyone know about them...its a good deal and they look just like the fuego lights. 7" diam and ita a euro pattern (flood and spot mix)

Capt

Waiting for a post nighttime run review. Need some more powerful lights for my rail. sounds like a good deal! May need to upgrade the alternator to handle them.

upgrade the alternator? How come? HID's aren't suppose to draw that much wattage. :blink: They are less than Halogan lights...thats for sure.

upgrade the alternator? How come? HID's aren't suppose to draw that much wattage. :blink: They are less than Halogan lights...thats for sure.

I meant on my rail, not all. If I put 4 of those HIDs on my rail, it may overload the Alt. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant on my rail, not all. If I put 4 of those HIDs on my rail, it may overload the Alt. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah I knew what you meant. :D If you run a normal automotive alternator on your rail already that should be sufficinet enough. The HID's don't draw much at all.

Yeah I knew what you meant. :D If you run a normal automotive alternator on your rail already that should be sufficinet enough. The HID's don't draw much at all.

I suspect I have a 55 amp Alt on it. Have to check now. Never checked it since I bought the rail. Thanks for the input!

Edited by ntrsandman

I bet I have a 35amp alt on my VW powered rail. Could be pushing it.

You have to look at it as watts, not amps. Usually HID's only draw about 13 watts each, not amps. There is only a quick surge at startup to power them up, after that I am sure your alternator would be good enough to power them.

You have to look at it as watts, not amps. Usually HID's only draw about 13 watts each, not amps. There is only a quick surge at startup to power them up, after that I am sure your alternator would be good enough to power them.

Thanks for the electrics refresher! Mild brain fade! I just want to be sure that everything will work if/when everything is on at the same time.

those are pretty cool , even if Capt. found um ! lol :beercheers:

haha Dan :flipoff:

Thanks for the electrics refresher! Mild brain fade! I just want to be sure that everything will work if/when everything is on at the same time.

1 way to find out... isnt there :grin: plug it in and go :driver:

Capt

the only problem you might run into is turning them all on at once depending how many you have. Most people recommend wiring up the HID's in Pairs.. 2 lights per circuit that way you dont draw too much when firing them up. Once they are lit they dont take hardly any power at all.

I just got 2 pairs of these today. Great lights for a cheap price. I had to go to 2 different Kragens to get them. Each store only carries 2 at a time because of the price 1 of the store managers told me. I went to the Kragen website and filled out a survey and got a 25% off discount coupon. So $193. and some change out the door for a pair of HID lights. Not bad. I hooked one up on my buggy and left one acro HID light on to compare. I like the cheapy HID pattern better.

part number for these lights is 99000CSK The link to the coupon is this http://www.partsamerica.com/surveystart.aspx?surveyKey=4H7R

They ask for a store number and a transaction code in the survey. I just made up a store number 247 and I made up a bogus transaction code 663478 and it worked. Once you fill out the survey it links you to a page where you can print out a 25% off coupon. Saved me $60.00 WOOHOO!! Im going to put a set or 2 on the Duramax!!!! Bright friggin lights, Loudass horn. My neighbors Love me