Wal-mart carts

ash

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid WalMart at all costs, unless I need something :mischevious:

As for the teachers and the money thing....

Theres two different approaches towards it.

Alot of us feel that a job that gets 2+months vacation a year doesnt really deserve a giant annual salary.

Cripes, these kids get a week off of school if its "National Pencil Day" it seems like.

BUT...

I've seen what teachers go through.

I'd like cameras installed inside every classroom. NOT to watch teachers, but to show parents how they're precious little "angels" really behave when they're there.

These kids have this "You can't touch me or say boo to me" attitudes that lets them get away with murder.

It doesnt matter anymore how much money you throw at the problem, because no amount will make the parents take action in their childrens lives and take the responsibility of raising their kids instead of pointing the finger and hoping society will instill moral values.

Hell yeah the teachers deserve a raise, just for putting up with the crap they go through.

I avoid WalMart at all costs, unless I need something :mischevious:

As for the teachers and the money thing....

Theres two different approaches towards it.

Alot of us feel that a job that gets 2+months vacation a year doesnt really deserve a giant annual salary.

Cripes, these kids get a week off of school if its "National Pencil Day" it seems like.

BUT...

I've seen what teachers go through.

I'd like cameras installed inside every classroom. NOT to watch teachers, but to show parents how they're precious little "angels" really behave when they're there.

These kids have this "You can't touch me or say boo to me" attitudes that lets them get away with murder.

It doesnt matter anymore how much money you throw at the problem, because no amount will make the parents take action in their childrens lives and take the responsibility of raising their kids instead of pointing the finger and hoping society will instill moral values.

Hell yeah the teachers deserve a raise, just for putting up with the crap they go through.

no they dont they deserve to do there job and sorry to say the teachers in our district miss the mark..............

:stirthepot::drinkbeer:

Oops sorry...

I dont use theirs, I bring my own :mischevious:

I gotta have one the those carts, so next time i go to Walmart I'll enough room for all the lotion I need for a lifetime and Pizzazza's for everyone. (so knowone feels left out of the club) :banghead:

Edited by desertskyz

:offtopic: Jezuz Bob, once again your avatar is disturbing!! What is that??!!! :grin::laughoff:

ok so it is :offtopic: but she is a real life "freak" from a really really old movie called "freaks" Very disturbing movie especially considering the year it was made I think the 30's. I recently saw it on whatever the old movie channel is?

Guest Crasher

ok so it is :grin: but she is a real life "freak" from a really really old movie called "freaks" Very disturbing movie especially considering the year it was made I think the 30's. I recently saw it on whatever the old movie channel is?

Holy crap! That's crazy. At least it looks like she's a happy "freak"!!! :offtopic:

Okay, sorry folks.....now back to the Walmart discussion...... :offtopic:

no they dont they deserve to do there job and sorry to say the teachers in our district miss the mark..............

in order for a child to succeed educationally Bob, it takes the teacher teaching in the classroom, the student paying attention in the classroom and the PARENT taking care of the bargain on their end

its called an educational triangle....and all three people are needed. The worst case scenario tho, is a missing parent

what goes on at school, educationally, needs to be echoed at home...if its not, then the child ends up on the short end of the stick

before you place all the blame on your local teachers bob, what benchmarks are you looking at? state scores? personal experience? im not saying ALL teachers are great, just like with any job, you have your azzhats to deal with. what i am saying is to look at the demographics in your area, a lot of free/reduced lunches? that equals poverty, and , across the board, poverty does not equal a good education, due to lack of parent knowledge

in order for a child to succeed educationally Bob, it takes the teacher teaching in the classroom, the student paying attention in the classroom and the PARENT taking care of the bargain on their end

its called an educational triangle....and all three people are needed. The worst case scenario tho, is a missing parent

what goes on at school, educationally, needs to be echoed at home...if its not, then the child ends up on the short end of the stick

before you place all the blame on your local teachers bob, what benchmarks are you looking at? state scores? personal experience? im not saying ALL teachers are great, just like with any job, you have your azzhats to deal with. what i am saying is to look at the demographics in your area, a lot of free/reduced lunches? that equals poverty, and , across the board, poverty does not equal a good education, due to lack of parent knowledge

:offtopic::offtopic:

I do need to add that here in Vegas an average 36 students to 1 teachers ratio (the demographics are not always correct due to each region needing more funding or Positive press), single parents, illegals, parents who work at night, etc. And as for having a 2 months vacation, think again, much of this time is spent planning for the next year,buying supplies with their own money, working a second job because their teaching job does NOT pay enough. Next time before you bash a teacher ask yourself this question. Who is it that helped you get where you are today, who taught you to read, do math,science, social studies, current affairs, etc I'm sure you didn't teach your own damn self. :grin:

e rrrrr E rrrr wobble, wobble wobble, now can I have a new cart please.

no i am speaking of first hand circumstances where the total lack of caring almost turned my kid down a dark path.

teachers not notifiying us ever even after meetings ( several) of any behavioural problems.

my son decided that if he keeps ignoring the teacher and just sit there the teacher will give up on him and leave him alone. and the teacher does just that. never calls me never sends him to the princaple. so he fails. i hit the roof have meetings ask them to call me immedietly. they never do. i call and ask about his grades they say he has improved and will be passing the next semester. they mail the report card 2 weeks after school ends. he failed again. i tried to call no answers. teacher relocates nobody explains anything to me. they have no answers.

this was the straw that broke the camels back i had similar problems with other teachers. i took my son out put him in home study he gets a b average passes all the exit exams graduates. this school system sucks.

i dont want to rant nor am i saying all teachers are this way but several teachers in our district are this way.

no i am speaking of first hand circumstances where the total lack of caring almost turned my kid down a dark path.

teachers not notifiying us ever even after meetings ( several) of any behavioural problems.

my son decided that if he keeps ignoring the teacher and just sit there the teacher will give up on him and leave him alone. and the teacher does just that. never calls me never sends him to the princaple. so he fails. i hit the roof have meetings ask them to call me immedietly. they never do. i call and ask about his grades they say he has improved and will be passing the next semester. they mail the report card 2 weeks after school ends. he failed again. i tried to call no answers. teacher relocates nobody explains anything to me. they have no answers.

this was the straw that broke the camels back i had similar problems with other teachers. i took my son out put him in home study he gets a b average passes all the exit exams graduates. this school system sucks.

i dont want to rant nor am i saying all teachers are this way but several teachers in our district are this way.

thats too bad

if you ever put him back in traditional school, ask if a weekly progress report could be done. This is where your son takes a progress report to all of his teachers on a pre-determined day of the week, then brings it home for you to see. i do several of those a week for students. they must have it on my desk at the beginning of class, and the pick it up at the end of class.

have you requested a meeting with the school admin, or even attended a school board meeting, and aired your concerns there?

if there is anything i can do for you, let me know