12-23-07 day trip report

dunefreak

Today was a great day to ride.

The dunes was awesome and the weather was perfect. It was fairly warm compared to how cold it has been lately. The dunes had some rough spots from rain on the face hills, but the dunes were great! The razors were pretty rounded off and the lines were really flowing and smooth. :laughing:

We got there about 10/10:30 AM. It was lvnalolife, Pauly Paul, wingnut, Vince (wtf was his screen name again? lol) and myself. We pulled up with barefoot bob and group.

It was great seeing you guys and meeting a few new DDR faces...Big Red and randyvw. :D We had a great time hanging out.

It was lvnalolife's 1st trip out wih the new LTR450 and he loved it.

My Raptor ran great. I have had some recent issues with it popping and running rough, but it was all good this trip after I just adjusted the valves. :D

We went on about 3 good rides. Not bad considering the little time we had to spend there today. One of the rides we chased the buggies around the dunes. That was a really good run on the way back. Pauly led and gave barefoot bob a good run. I hung right behind bob the whole time watching him destroy the sand. He did a couple interesting manuevers on that run. :barf:

All in all it was a great trip. I really needed it after the past few weeks of stress that has been built up. I have been going non-stop working on my stuff to get it all ready for new years. :news: This was a perfect way to unwind. I can't wait till next weekend. It should really be a good one. :gayboy:

normal_S2010527~0.JPG

normal_S2010528~0.JPG

normal_S2010536~0.JPG

dune cellulite :driver:

normal_S2010543~0.JPG

wingnut taking a call in the dunes :thumb:

normal_S2010529~0.JPG

barefoot bob and kids

normal_S2010530~0.JPG

Pauly trying out a jump he found...

normal_S2010532~0.JPG

normal_S2010534~0.JPG

normal_S2010535~0.JPG

There were a few vendors out there.

normal_S2010544~0.JPG

The camp area was pretty empty and there were hardly any people in the dunes. It was great.

normal_S2010537~0.JPG

normal_S2010538~0.JPG

normal_S2010539~0.JPG

camp...

normal_S2010541~0.JPG

normal_S2010540~0.JPG

waiting for the buggies to get rounded up to go for a ride...

normal_S2010542~0.JPG

capt and bob jumping the little lip at comp

normal_S2010547~0.JPG

normal_S2010548~0.JPG

normal_S2010549~0.JPG

normal_S2010550~0.JPG

chillen at the :laughing:

normal_S2010551.JPG

good times. How many more can we fit on Bob's ranger?? :thumb:

normal_S2010557.JPG

some Christmas decorations at a nearby camp :xmas3:

normal_S2010559.JPG

road is in pretty decent shape still

normal_S2010564.JPG

Spaceballs made the ride home a tad more bearable :laughoff::driver:

normal_S2010566.JPG

normal_S2010568.JPG

Just as we were about to leave this guy tipped his brand new rhino over on the flats. Not sure how that happened, but pretty chitty considering it was his FIRST trip out with it. It even bent the new cage up pretty bad. :laughoff:

Luckily nobody was hurt though. :laughing:

normal_S2010552.JPG

normal_S2010553.JPG

normal_S2010554.JPG

normal_S2010555.JPG

A couple "observations" :laughing:

-JJ used to think the date ranch was a whore house :news::driver::nah: you knew I was gonna post that, JJ! :driver:

-JJ tows at like 95 mph :laughing:

-dunes were great

-weather was perfect

-captnkllm's car looks even better in person and throws some serious sand! :blury::dope: :gayboy:

-"don't you dare talk about what you are thinking about right now!" :no_no: :thumb::thumb:

-dune rides can make you go from lazy to hyper pretty quick

-bob's ranger is LOUD :blury:

-some people can manage to tip a rhino on the flats :laughoff::dunno::barf:

Looks fun. :laughoff::laughing::laughing: :gayboy:

Guess we missed a great weekend.

It must be nice to live that close to home (D). :barf:

I need to unwind too. Can't wait to hit the dunes myself again.

Nice pics Pete. :driver:

YOU BASTIDS! :laughoff: You didn't even stop by and get a coffee on the way out? Dude it's bad enough I can't make the trips but you can't leave me here broke too! :laughing: I can't wait for the New years trip, I need to feel some sand between my teeth! :gayboy: :laughing:

Looks like a great day, and thanks for the pictures Pete. They say the holiday season is toughest on alcoholics, I now know how they feel, I'm gonna go rub some dirt in my :beerpint: for a day fix until Thursday. See you all Saturday.... :beercheers:

we had a blast !! the mighty ranger had to pull that rhino out the day before. tina has the pics and ill post them in the rhino vs ranger thread lol.

i love that pic you got of my rail airborn that is sweet :laughing: that jump at comp is the shiznit !! we were having a ball we owned dumont nobody hardly there at all :beercheers:

ill post my report with pics in a bit i just got home

Well since I am computerless right now (no internet at new house) and I am off till the 2nd this id the first I am able to post my observations...

1. I think I only hit 95 when we slowed down coming up the back of Potossi! :driver: :mischevious: Craig, hope I didn't get you home too late!

2. Dunes were awsome

3. Always a good time hanging out with some cool peeps.

4. The ride there was quick, thanks to my DVD player and the all time classic Super Troopers!

5. New quad ran great! Broke in the best way, at the D. :whoop:

6. Don't ever tell your "friends" how you are retarded and think a "Date Farm" is another way of saying "whore house!" I will prob never hear the end of that one. :flipoff::laughoff:

7. So whens the next day trip after new years! :stirthepot:

8. Not only did I end up driving to and from Dumont, later that day I had to go rescue Craig (9digit) and trailer his truck back from Kingman. :banghead: Was up for almost 24 hours! Thanks Paul for hanging in there and cruising out to help a brother out! :drinkbeer:

All in all, a great day and the short day trips always rock!

:DDRrocks:

I think I saw all of you lol.

We were at the North Pole when everyone came. We had 3 quads, YFZ, Raptor, and little kids Eton (even though there was 5 of us lol, friend, brother, kid, and wife + me). We just rode out there so he could put his letter in the box.

Just figured Id stop in to say hi because I didnt there :D

It was really nice out there though! Little cool in the morning (we got there at 7am) but it warmed up nicely! Ill be heading back out after I get my pipe and cam mod done and new paddles!