fire balls

suzukilt

ok you probably have all seen them, a mushroom fire ball shooting up in the air. My question is what type of bottles are you using and how much gas? we have used bud light bottles but they dont throw that nice flame up in the air. any one know how its done?

ok you probably have all seen them, a mushroom fire ball shooting up in the air. My question is what type of bottles are you using and how much gas? we have used bud light bottles but they dont throw that nice flame up in the air. any one know how its done?

I hear the bottles you are referring to are SOBE energy drink bottles, but I've never seen it done up close.

yep, SOBE bottles work great, I guess any screw top bottle would work though, about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of gas in the bottle works well, the idea is that the fuel needs to vaporize before the top blows otherwise you wont get the mushroom :dunno:

BTW, whenever I have done it, I made a small fire a good distance from any camp, didnt like the idea of possible shrapnal(sp?) stuck in the kids, moho, or quads.... and make sure and pick up the inevitable broken glass pieces!!!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :dunno:

We have them down to a science but choose to not do them anymore in our camp. :offtopic: They are just too damn dangerous. Luckily nobody has gotten seriously hurt yet, but there have been some major close calls. After my 30,000 dollar toyhauler almost caught fire because of flying buring debris landed on my awning I had enough. They really aren't worth it. Besides, it usually leaves glass in the sand that nobody picks up. Not cool.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :beercheers:

We have them down to a science but choose to not do them anymore in our camp. :stick_smack: They are just too damn dangerous. Luckily nobody has gotten seriously hurt yet, but there have been some major close calls. After my 30,000 dollar toyhauler almost caught fire because of flying buring debris landed on my awning I had enough. They really aren't worth it. Besides, it usually leaves glass in the sand that nobody picks up. Not cool.

:ban-split: :boyyy: :rolleyes::clap::loser::clap: