V-Rex vs T-Rex...round one

spooner

holy :shoot:

that thing is FLYIN :D

i showed that vid to my class, and now they all want sandrails

:laughoff:

yeah...Flyin Ryan shows us how it is done :laughoff: notice his roost; you see how he is" feathering" the throttle :mc_smiley:

What motors are in those? They dont sound that fast but really haul :laughoff:

They don't sound that fast because they arean't working. They don't have to turn much rpm to make lots of power. Vrex has a 572 and TTrex has like a ~565cid motor or something like that. :shoot:

I can't believe even with 4 blown up shocks it STILL does really well. :laughoff:

:shoot: yeah, i think Ryan still didnt have time to mess with the suspension . it looks like the front compression is still too soft and the rear rebound also needs to be stiffer and the rear is sitting too high...

but even the way it is the ride is just unreal comfortable :laughoff:

I could have sworn that I saw the back of Petes head in one of the videos. Just this tall redheaded dude standing if front of the video camera taking pictures.

Could it have been?

nope, wasn't me. I wasn't there :( ...at least in the video spooner just posted from last weekend. I may have been in one of the older ones though. Which video you talking about?

edit: I take that back. Yes that was me in this video @ 1:27 into it ;)

Edited by dunefreak

After watching the VREX dunig vid, I now know why the ruts were so deep that I hit on my quad. Holy sh*t!

that is just a quick test video .... check back later this evening , my bro should have one with better shots and some onboard action up and running.

we just didnt have the time to do a lot of video on this trip (i guess we :beercheers: and :stick_smack: and :lol: and :bs: too much :lol::booty: )

next trip we will spend more time dialing in the car first and then shoot some real action videos :bs:

Those cars are going to take a while to get use to looking at. But they are very impressive in the horsepower department!!! I like that auto trans too. Atleast it sounded like they have one.

Can they wheelie or is the motor too far forward to get the front end up?

Those cars are going to take a while to get use to looking at. But they are very impressive in the horsepower department!!! I like that auto trans too. Atleast it sounded like they have one.

Bp

i agree, the styling is different . some love it and some dont ;) maybe it is a little too much form=function; V-rex is only 14' long and has no overhang front and rear (everything is placed in between the wheels)

the engine is placed well after the front axle (BMW actually calls that a midship engine placement :laughing: )

yes , there is a manual shifted auto 400 in it (J&W prototype with a beefy allison imput shaft)

oh, it can wheelie ;)

here is a little sequence

normal_vrex_11.jpg

normal_vrex_13.jpg

normal_vrex_5.jpg

normal_vrex_6.jpg

...and it is a flame throwing BBQ :rainbow1: :D

Wow...awesome pics Stephan! :D

It takes ALOT but Ryan managed to pull it off in TTrex too. :rainbow1:

post-3-1200458643_thumb.jpg

Wow...awesome pics Stephan! :D

Pete, too bad you could not be out there with us last weekend; it is really something special to ride with Ryan in his monster :laughing:

i hope we can meet next trip out and have some :rainbow1:

Edited by spooner

Pete, too bad you could not be out there with us last weekend; it is really something special to ride with Ryan in his monster :headbang1:

i hope we can meet next trip out and have some :rainbow1:

I know tell me about it. :banghead: I tried like hell to get someone to cover for me last weekend, but couldn't :( . The worst part is that we were slow and I could have not even showed up and it wouldn't have made a difference at all. :dope: Oh well, hopefully next time for sure. :laughing:

Any idea when you might make it back up to D? Maybe I can drag Ryan down to Glamis when we go at the end of Feb. :grin: