diesel is gettin stooopid

dunefreak

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I parked my DMAX one week ago...cant do the $200 a week anymore.

Same here. Mine's been parked for at least two weeks. Now I have resorted to driving my gasser Z71 because its so much "cheaper". :driver:

I'm with ya there, the F450 has been parked for quite some time. The Harley gets great mpg and it's a pretty nice ride home in the afternoon.

The other day my wife found gas for like $3.51 and was like, yeah score right? Nope, I told her she was not to buy gas at this particular station. It's a bunch of Pakistani's that own it. And until they turn UBL in, I'm boycotting any service station that smells like Dearborn Michigan. Now the've turned it into a little wanna be car lot outside. Prestige Auto Sales I think, and they have the balls to fly old Glory on about 10 flag poles. It's bad enough that corner (Pebble/Eastern) has turned into a modern day Bonanza and H street for workers. One day I'm gonna have a post from hell on here with my rants.

Don't have to park mine live a mile from work :laughing: truck usually last 3 weeks on a tank unless i decide to :driver: it out everyonce in a while. Weekends we cruise in the :dance: soccer van :clap:

I'm with ya there, the F450 has been parked for quite some time. The Harley gets great mpg and it's a pretty nice ride home in the afternoon.

The other day my wife found gas for like $3.51 and was like, yeah score right? Nope, I told her she was not to buy gas at this particular station. It's a bunch of Pakistani's that own it. And until they turn UBL in, I'm boycotting any service station that smells like Dearborn Michigan. Now the've turned it into a little wanna be car lot outside. Prestige Auto Sales I think, and they have the balls to fly old Glory on about 10 flag poles. It's bad enough that corner (Pebble/Eastern) has turned into a modern day Bonanza and H street for workers. One day I'm gonna have a post from hell on here with my rants.

Funny thing i knew the exact station you were talking about before i read the end. Do they still give 3 cents off a gallon for cash customers?

It should be illegal to change the price of gas daily. You should only be able to base the price on what you paid to fill the tank in the GROUND. On the next tanker arrival should be the soonest they should be able to change the price.

As far as a "war on oil" we have not made a single PENNY on Iraqi oil to date, but the war costs us a BILLION A DAY last I checked...

Diesel hasnt been a "waste of the gas refining process" since Diesel engines were invented. The reason its more expensive then gasoline is you can "crack" diesel into Gasoline and make more money off it. (more gas in the end) So that makes it more "valuable"...

Funny thing i knew the exact station you were talking about before i read the end. Do they still give 3 cents off a gallon for cash customers?

Yep still offer that deal. I wouldn't stop in there for a bottle of water if I was going to die of thirst. But I would gladly buy a Bud Light and return it to them after it passes through my bladder!

I filled up this morn at a fastrip it was 3.75. Posted on here for the Bakersfield peeps the price and where it was. within 2 hrs it went back to 4.75. Sorry cheese dont know if ya got my message in time or not

Not sure if they made a mistake or what happened. But i got 75 gals for 3.75 a gal

I feel butt raped. $4.75 in Visalia. I guess the Saudi's increasing production by 300,000 barrells per day and Bush halting deliveries to the reserve did nothing to the price of oil. However, unleaded was 3.89 per gallon. What the hell is going on?

It should be illegal to change the price of gas daily. You should only be able to base the price on what you paid to fill the tank in the GROUND. On the next tanker arrival should be the soonest they should be able to change the price.

cant work it that way....say you paid 100,000 dollars to fill the tanks at your service station, and you charge X to recoup your money out + a nice little profit.....but while you do that, oil shoots up another few dollars a barrel........if you stay at the same price, you won't be able to fill up again, and your profit margin on selling gas @ a service station isnt astronomical..

whachoo gonna do :smoker: ? raise the price so you can refuel....

the thing that gets me pissed off is when oil will drop, the prices will stay the same until the tank is emptied, and then when the cheaper oil hits the market, THEN you will see prices go up

its a :laughing: up system

I feel butt raped. $4.75 in Visalia. I guess the Saudi's increasing production by 300,000 barrells per day and Bush halting deliveries to the reserve did nothing to the price of oil. However, unleaded was 3.89 per gallon. What the hell is going on?

across the globe, fuel has only gone up here in the US..... freekin spot market is bidding it up something fierce

two things happened last week, that in years past, would have dropped the price of oil

1. a report on the reserves of not only barreled oil, but reserves of gas and diesel shot up 6% to 12%,

2. More production

but yet another record high on Friday

CONSPIRACY THEORY???? :lol::blah:

Personally...i feel our Gov't is allowing thisto happen to ease the pain into partnering with Canada, Mexico, and other central American countries in the future to form the NORTH AMERICAN UNION

:laughing: :smoker:

of course, this is just pure speculation :blah::dunno::bs:

I'm glad I bought a gasser.....a programmer to run 87 octane.....and the wife works at Smith's, which adds a $.05 per gallon discount on top of the $.15 per gallong discount we get for shopping there. Still sucks though. :laughing:

A thought to bring down the fuel prices.

Legalize drugs (pot, coke, crys, L, X, crack) and whatever else I've missed here. Than tax the hell out of it and use the funds to help out the economy and pay the taxes on fuel.

Either that or lets figure out a way to make our vehicle run off this stuff. I don't know the recipe but if a crack house can explode than that means it's a combustable. Gotta be a way to make an engine run off it.

Even more fun and cheaper, a weed powered engine, Pot burns right.

Or lets just give the Saudi's some good chit, Once their small, negotiate a trade, Oil for smallness.

:laughing: :smoker: yep this is bullshit..................I put 70+ miles a day on my diesel guzzling turd daily. But Im not going to try to offset the cost by buying ANOTHER commuter car. Then add insurance and the fact that I am putting myself in danger by driving some little P.O.S that when some SUV hits me I regret driving that thing. The whole government system SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But watch when the next President gets into office, prices will magically drop, making it look like they saved all of us, and how great they are. Bullshit...................if you ask me.

I heard that barrels of fuel could go to $300 in a couple years. Imagine $10 a gallon??? :usa::blink::blink:

At the rate the price per barrel is going up now, you can bet we will see $300 per barrel a lot sooner than 2 years from now. Government 'FOR' the people stands out in my mind. The American people will eventually stand up against the price gouging.

At the rate the price per barrel is going up now, you can bet we will see $300 per barrel a lot sooner than 2 years from now. Government 'FOR' the people stands out in my mind. The American people will eventually stand up against the price gouging.

:headbang1::laughoff: :breakdance: We all need to kick the sh*t out of the oil companies. This is criminal. :beercheers: fk all those involved with the oil/fuel business!!!

Edited by maxdout

Its not the oil companies price gouging, its because the good ol US Dollar is in the toilet. All of the money that people have been playing on for the last 5 years was borrowed money printed by the illegal Federal Reserve. They have devalued the dollar to mere pennies.

In 1964 an ounce of Silver could buy 4 gallons of gas, and today an ounce of silver still buys 4 gallons of gas. Thats the problem when you create money out of thin air, print paper money that has no guarantee.

Our government has allowed the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (an illegal privately owned bank) to run wild since 1913. They have created every bubble and burst. They lend money at interest for the bubble, then foreclose and buy up for pennies on the dollar.

This is how wealth is transfered from the lower/middle class to the upper class.

Google: America, Freedom to Fascism

Wake up America, the time to revolt is now not tomorrow.

cant work it that way....say you paid 100,000 dollars to fill the tanks at your service station, and you charge X to recoup your money out + a nice little profit.....

Im confused then, in my eyes if you pay X amount to fill the tanks and base your price per gallon on that cost plus your profit margin and gas prices go up while you are selling off that tank, it doesnt effect wat you paid for that tank in the ground. Now when its time to fill up the tank again you pay the higher price but as long as your margin stays the same you make the same profit.

All that huge tank in the ground is, is a mini investment in oil. You buy low and sell high because you know that the prices are most likely only going to be higher market wise then you paid to fill the tank.

Then add insurance and the fact that I am putting myself in danger by driving some little P.O.S that when some SUV hits me I regret driving that thing.

Dude, use the $1 per gallon extra you pay plus crappy gas milleage, and put a friggin 14 point cage in a chevy metro and then fill the interior with Sponge Bob floaties.

funny-pictures-screaming-cat-has-floaties-water-boat.jpg

But watch when the next President gets into office, prices will magically drop, making it look like they saved all of us, and how great they are. Bullshit...................if you ask me.

Gotta love politics... :beercheers: