Trip report April 4-6

dumontdude10

This week was a great week alot of great buggie rides and the weather was great. The dunes were the best when i got there. Saterday was an alright day like at two o'clock i rolled my bike end over end by the north pole then i get back to camp and my tyrod was bent, my rim was cracked, my frame is cracked, and my six pack rack got wasted. randog, mark, lou, and other people helped fix the tyrod and the rack. Besides all that it was a great week. :banghead::blury::grin:

My riim :chug:

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

6 pack rack partly fixed :beat:

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

tyrod after fixed for the rest of the day :banghead:

DSC00588.jpg

the fire

DSC00565.jpg

randog :banghead:

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

trailer :argue:

DSC00532.jpg

randog gave me my own pool table :boyyy: :lol:

DSC00530.jpg

bikes :dance:

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

lou :duniemonkie:

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

my cuzin

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

i have videos of the buggies but havent up loaded them yet was a great trip..

Edited by dumontdude10

Just got in and unloaded. :blury: Man I'm beat. We partied pretty hard this weekend and got alot of riding in. :D

What a great trip to end the season with. :banghead:

The weather was gorgeous. It was a little warm during the middle of the day (upper 80's maybe low 90's), but in the shade it was perfect.

The dunes were PERFECT! :grin:

We rolled in Friday night about 6 ish and set up camp right next to Randog and crew. After setting up and everyone got there the wind kicked up for an hour or two. We crammed about 10-12 guys in my hauler and watched some videos. :banghead: BTW good job on the Glamis video, Vegas Style!

Then the wind died down and it turned out to be a really nice night around the fire. Fri night we got some really fun rides in over to the south pole and comp. Randog and Capt were tearin up comp while most of us on quads sat back and watched these crazy fools. :dance:

Saturday more people in our group showed up (some day trippers). We got a few really good rides in that day. On one of the rides Brice (sandseeker) hit a witches eye in his rail and popped the bead off one of his rear wheels. I ran back, got the Grizzly and some tools, and came out to get it fixed back at camp. We got it handled pretty quick and then got a good run in after that. :whoop:

Our Saturday night festivites started just after sun down. After chillen under the awning while the sun set throwing back some beverages :beerpint: , we fired up all 4 or 5 grills. :banghead: Pauly's dad brought out 45 badass steaks to grill up along with some really good baked potatoes compliments of wingnut. We ate like kings that night. :lol::blury: As we got the fire going really good, we then set up the projector TV on the side of Capt's trailer for videos.

Sat night we did some more good night runs to the south pole, then the north pole, then comp, then back over to camp area. :boyyy:

Today (Sunday) the weather was perfect. It was warm but not too hot. We got most everything loaded up and then went for one very last ride of the season. The dunes were so smooth and easy flowing it was epic. I didn't want it to end. It was kinda sad thinking to myself that this is it for Dumont until those early summer rides. Oh well, this season has been pretty good despite a few mishaps and obstacles a few of us managed to overcome.

There's my trip report for now. Much more to come as far as pics and who can forget the "observations"! :argue: :beat:

Great times, guys. :chug: Thank you all for such a fun weekend. I think I might have partied too hard! :lol: My face hurts from laughing so much this weekend! lol

It was a really good turnout but I wish a bunch more from our group could have made it out.

pulling in Fri night

normal_IMG_0198~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0197~0.JPG

Hangin inside while it was windy as hell out

normal_IMG_0209~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0211~0.JPG

yiah yiah :blury::banghead:

normal_IMG_0212~1.JPG

:chug:

normal_IMG_0217~0.JPG

Randog giving sand~snake a ride up comp in his rail

normal_IMG_0223.JPG

normal_IMG_0227.JPG

This WAS my cooler :beat:

normal_IMG_0219~0.JPG

:dance:

normal_IMG_0229~0.JPG

Pauly going to rescue a duner who ran outta gas near our camp.

normal_IMG_0232~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0233~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0234~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0235~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0237.JPG

:argue:

normal_IMG_0239~0.JPG

epic dune conditions

normal_IMG_0250~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0248~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0263.JPG

this is when sandseeker's tire popped the bead.

normal_IMG_0249.JPG

normal_IMG_0252~0.JPG

normal_IMG_0253.JPG

normal_IMG_0254.JPG

back in business :banghead:

normal_IMG_0258.JPG

camp area

normal_IMG_0255.JPG

normal_IMG_0256.JPG

normal_IMG_0262.JPG

comp hill...

normal_IMG_0264.JPG

mad max? :boyyy:

normal_IMG_0268.JPG

normal_IMG_0269.JPG

normal_IMG_0270.JPG

normal_IMG_0271.JPG

normal_IMG_0272.JPG

normal_IMG_0273.JPG

normal_IMG_0274.JPG

normal_IMG_0275.JPG

normal_IMG_0279.JPG

normal_IMG_0276.JPG

some trucks and equipment still there from this past week from filming Land of the Lost

normal_IMG_0280.JPG

normal_IMG_0281.JPG

normal_IMG_0282.JPG

camp child (Charlie) :banghead:

normal_IMG_0287.JPG

:grin:

normal_IMG_0289.JPG

...and THATS when my battery went dead in the camera :lol: I brought a back-up battery but found out IT was dead too. :beerpint: To top it all off I left the charger at home. I started taking pics with wingnuts camera at that point. He'll have to post the ones up after these.

Looks like some good times, glad you all had fun.... I just couldn't win the last couple days, I was pissed sitting on the side of the 15 looking at Baker :blury: ....almost there. SF Woody :argue:

looks like some good dunin and good times.. :D

Found the vibration issue on saturday... Brand new ujoints sh*t allready.. lol went and bought a couple more but it was too late to head out anyways.. ohh well next time.. :D I cant wait for them summer rides :D

Yiah Yiah ! :blury: :chug:

Now, THAT was an Awesome weekend.

Awesome peeps everywhere. :banghead::banghead::banghead::grin:

Killer dunes = Killer rides. :driver::driver::driver: :dance: :boyyy:

Fun rippin' the hill with Capt Friday night after our blind leading the blind run from the south pole. :blury:

This trip was one of the best ever. :beerpint:

There were a bunch of photographers out this trip too. :dance:

Check this out.

Lee ( RuN2iT ) stayed up late Saturday night and made this photo of Mark.

This is a picture of the picture. The orig. is just awesome.

Lee has some mad skills with his camera and computer.

Perfect wheelie Mark. :beat:

post-591-1207540820_thumb.jpg

Nick ( dumontdude10 ) got banged up a bit on his quad,

but he MANed right up and went out for a ride as soon as his quad was fixed. :clap:

That a boy. :thumb: No prob on the Pool table mang. PaulyPaul supplied the sign.

Lou ( Lou b ) prooved that the world is an imperfect place.

"Bolts fall out all the time." :shocked: ...... :whoop:

Nice dune runs Louie. :driver::driver::driver:

Special thanks goes to Stu, Pauly's dad, and Wingnut for feeding this stray dog.

Great grub all weekend. :argue:

I'm pretty dang sure that was the last trip of the season for us. :lol:

But, it's been a great season. We really got in a lot of trips. ( including Glaaaaamis with Dunefreak.) Yiah

I'm thinkin' It's going to be a looooooong summer. :unsure:

However, DDR will keep us connected. :lol:

:foshizz:

R-

normal_IMG_0268.JPG

THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!

:chug:

dammit...i hate it when i miss a good time......45 steaks and baked potatoes? i wouldnt wanna be within 10 miles of the RV dump last weekend!!

:argue:

sorry i miissed your gig paulypaul...i wanted to go soooooooo bad too :blury:

glad to see everyone had a good time, and no one got hurt

Geez! I thought I'd see some drunks or fire jumping pictures or even maybe the strap-on oops, tape-on blow-up sheep.

CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN TO PAULY AND ANGELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told ya my camera battery died. Some of those pics are on Craigs camera, but some still can't be posted up. :ninja::lol:

We tried duct taping Pauly up and it turned into a giant drunken UFC fight...not a real fight though. Pauly's "eff you guys" switch got flicked when we pulled the duct tape out. :lol: I was wtf, just take it, get taped up, and let us take some pics of you taped up on the ground. Whats the big deal right? THEN, when I was sitting in a chair around the fire, I heard the roll of duct tape get peeled back from behind me. They were gonna try and tape ME up this time. Oh hell no! :flipoff::laughoff: I jumped up so freakin fast ready to fight off every one of em just like Pauly did. :lol::lol: There's like a switch that gets flicked when you hear that tape come out. Maybe its just self-preserverance that takes over. :beat::laughoff::laughoff:

I had a great time left home about 7:00am Saturday morning got to D at about 9:30

Everyone was still sleeping except Pauly’s dad so I unloaded my truck and chatted with

him till everyone woke up. Then we went on a Pauly ride and I lasted about 2 seconds and they lost me, as I was riding along looking for them I see 4 quads flying around

heading towards the North Pole so I headed that way and met up with them there.

I think 1 day a year is all I can handle riding with you guy’s way to fast for me.

Saturday night was a blast I even managed to stay awake till about 2:00am rear for me

Woke up Sunday tired and sore so I loaded up the truck and headed home.

I want to thank all for a great weekend and all the food, drink and keeping an eye out for an old man.

:laughoff::flipoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Looks like you all had an awesome time! The dunes definately looked smooth! I didnt get much riding in this season unfortunately. Next season will be much better hopefully!!!

Congrats Paul & Angela! Cant wait for the girls night out! :laughoff:

The only pic’s I have of the weekend I took at home. First one is when you try to hold Pete down and someone pulls on some tape. It didn’t start to really show up till today. Everyone keeps asking me how I did that and I tell them that I pissed off the wife and she smacked me. :lol:

post-796-1207611589_thumb.jpg

The other one is when you ride your banshee drunk :beat: in shorts, I felt it on Saturday night but it didn’t feel that bad. :lol:

post-796-1207611646_thumb.jpg

I also want to say high to Nick (Dumontdude10) I met you Saturday and didn’t even know it. :laughoff:

:flipoff::ninja::laughoff::laughoff: