Summer Vacations

Kitcat

Right now we're planning a week in Marysvale, Utah and a long weekend at Duck Creek, Utah.

Not sure if we'll go anywhere else - maybe a flight somewhere fun. :argue:

What vacations do you have planned??

Edited by Kitcat

We put Hawaii on hold, and will probably just hang out at the river this year.

The higher cost of fuel means longer Parker Strip trips, but fewer of them.

Our vet bills are well over $2 grand for 2008 so that nix's airfare to someplace hot.

We love visiting Utah, have a fun vacation there! :laughoff:

ON TOP OF going to pismo a few times this summer, and camping, we are also renting a beachhouse for a week with some friends from San Mateo

if youre wanting to go to Pismo for the summertime, atleast camping on the dunes...you better get your reservatsions NOW, as most weekends sell out

Just got back from a weekend in Monterey and we will be going to Sea World next month and at least a few trips to Pismo during the summer and whatever else we can cram in there in between hubby's work and the kids going to sumer school and oldest son going to some Air Force camp for 10 days.

We put Hawaii on hold, and will probably just hang out at the river this year.

The higher cost of fuel means longer Parker Strip trips, but fewer of them.

Our vet bills are well over $2 grand for 2008 so that nix's airfare to someplace hot.

We love visiting Utah, have a fun vacation there! :freakin_nuts:

Hmm vet bills - I don't know anything about that! HA!

Have fun at the river. Hopefully, you can make it to Hawaii sometime soon! It's so expensive there. We've gone to Maui a few times, but I'd like to try another island someday. :freakin_nuts:

Well unfortunately im going to have a really crappy summer. NO NOTHING!! No coral, No havasu, Not even going to be able to go to the lake.

With the new job im working weekends!! SUCKS, but gotta do what I gotta do. Dont have to like it.

I do have 1 trip planned, which was planned prior to getting the new job. Won some disneyland tickets on KOMP Radio, and we will be taking a long weekend to do that first weekend in May!! Guess I better really enjoy it, wont be having any vaca's anytime in the near future! :freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts:

Lots of trips to the lake (Mead) this summer only 1.9 miles from the house, kind of hard not to. Plans for Marysvale, and Coral at least once this year. Poker Run in Barstow at the end of this month at Slash-X, Our big vacation will be in the South Pacific Micronesia, character_23.gif Diving in Palau on the shollow wrecks in September, looking forward getting out there again.

8ba25774ae8393062c4534edc1a71ef06ed0393_t.png

Lots of trips to the lake (Mead) this summer only 1.9 miles from the house, kind of hard not to. Plans for Marysvale, and Coral at least once this year. Poker Run in Barstow at the end of this month at Slash-X, Our big vacation will be in the South Pacific Micronesia, character_23.gif Diving in Palau on the shollow wrecks in September, looking forward getting out there again.

8ba25774ae8393062c4534edc1a71ef06ed0393_t.png

Have I ever told you I can fit in a suitcase.... :freakin_nuts:

Well unfortunately im going to have a really crappy summer. NO NOTHING!! No coral, No havasu, Not even going to be able to go to the lake.

With the new job im working weekends!! SUCKS, but gotta do what I gotta do. Dont have to like it.

I do have 1 trip planned, which was planned prior to getting the new job. Won some disneyland tickets on KOMP Radio, and we will be taking a long weekend to do that first weekend in May!! Guess I better really enjoy it, wont be having any vaca's anytime in the near future! :freakin_nuts: :eatdrink021:

:headbang1::laughing::laughing::laughing:

j/k good luck w/ the new job you'll get caught up soon enough :freakin_nuts:

Have fun at the river. Hopefully, you can make it to Hawaii sometime soon! It's so expensive there. We've gone to Maui a few times, but I'd like to try another island someday. :freakin_nuts:

We did the "Big Island" a couple of years ago. There were not many accessible beaches, but the ones we found were out of this world. There is a book named "The Big Island Revealed", I would highly recommend!

We did the "Big Island" a couple of years ago. There were not many accessible beaches, but the ones we found were out of this world. There is a book named "The Big Island Revealed", I would highly recommend!

Yeah, those "Revealed" books are pretty cool. Our friends that live on Maui had "Maui Revealed" which had some great suggestions. We've been to Maui 3 times since we've been married (trust me, I'm not complaining). Last time we went to Hana and visited the Black Sand and Red Sand beach. Our friends insisted on going to the Red Sand beach - Why? - it's clothing optional! :poop_hittin_the_fan: Of course, most of the people there needed to keep their bathing suits ON! :bawl:

We went to Kauai for a few days on our honeymoon. I'd like to go back there again! :D

Edited by Kitcat

Have fun at the river. Hopefully, you can make it to Hawaii sometime soon! It's so expensive there. We've gone to Maui a few times, but I'd like to try another island someday. :poop_hittin_the_fan:

Treatments are available for cats and dogs that weren't around when I was a kid.

Its tough when your cat or dog looks up to you their mouth wide open in pain from whatever the ale from as they lay on the Vets examination table.

So being a soft touch, I want everything done to make them better.

Wife is having one of those neck/face lifts that cost about $12K, and not liking to have anything on the credit cards,, when that is paid off then it'll be Kawai.

Hawaii used to be the big vacation bargain.

But, like everything else, aint cheap, but nothing like it.

Love every minute there.

Surprised their isn't a Hawaii themed resort in 'Vegas.

We went to Disneyworld Florida last year and is it ever expensive and crowded!!

But,, the kids don't see that and they have a blast which is fun in itself just seeing them have a good time.

Utah is incredable. We drove up through Hurricane Valley and other Valleys in Utah are as beautiful as Monument Valley.

We've got close to some other teenage girls that are going through cancer treatment with our teenager.

They all want to go to the Hard Rock in Vegas (the pool is excellent) and a concert at the Hard Rocks Joint.

Yeah, kids can usually go to the joint.

So we'll be getting that dialed in in July when the kids are all through with their treatments.

Edited by yfzdad

Yeah, those "Revealed" books are pretty cool. Our friends that live on Maui had "Maui Revealed" which had some great suggestions. We've been to Maui 3 times since we've been married (trust me, I'm not complaining). Last time we went to Hana and visited the Black Sand and Red Sand beach. Our friends insisted on going to the Red Sand beach - Why? - it's clothing optional! :booty: Of course, most of the people there needed to keep their bathing suits ON! :barf:

We went to Kauai for a few days on our honeymoon. I'd like to go back there again! :D

We also visited a black sand and a green sand beach on the big island. :beercheers: Also found one of the most pristine and vacant beaches I have ever been to. However....2 miles over a lava flow with a spotter was a little harrowing. :blury: I'm glad the rental car people didn't look at the bottom of the Jeep real hard :blink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!