Any Hayabusa Techs Out There?

dunefreak

I just got my motor back together in my rail last night after having the cyl head off and cylinders off the engine. I got it all back together and it sounds like the cam timing is off when cranking. :laughing: The car won't start. I have the cams lined right up where they need to be when @ TDC and it won't run. I have checked everything else, spark, fuel, etc and I am still convinced the timing is off for some reason. That is just what it sounds like to me. Does anyone have a manual for Hayabusas that show the timing marks or know someone who knows. I have talked to one m/c mechanic (justntime's buddy) and according to him- my sh*t's right where it needs to be. Any thoughts from people that are educated on this motor. :monkeedance2: :laughoff: Thanks :D

I just got my motor back together in my rail last night after having the cyl head off and cylinders off the engine. I got it all back together and it sounds like the cam timing is off when cranking. :laughoff: The car won't start. I have the cams lined right up where they need to be when @ TDC and it won't run. I have checked everything else, spark, fuel, etc and I am still convinced the timing is off for some reason. That is just what it sounds like to me. Does anyone have a manual for Hayabusas that show the timing marks or know someone who knows. I have talked to one m/c mechanic (justntime's buddy) and according to him- my sh*t's right where it needs to be. Any thoughts from people that are educated on this motor. :monkeedance2: :rockon: Thanks :D

sorry pete :shake: wish i could help. sell parts all day,but i don't think a kia part :laughing::D :dunno:will help

Edited by DUNE SMURF

:finger::beerpint::D

:dunno: what? I wasn't referring to anyone. :huh: I just wanted to know if there was someone that knew about Hayabusa cam timing out there. :dunno: I didn't want to hear something like, "check the oil level" or something stupid like that. I needed specific facts, Nick. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input over the phone though, Nick. :laughoff::laughoff: "If it has compression the cam timing has to be right." :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: Just messin w/ ya.

I got it running!!!!!!!! :woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::laughing::laughoff::rockon::shake::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Pat over at Carter Powersports hooked me up w/ some copies of pages from their svc manual for Hayabusas. I found that the intake cam was one tooth off. Fred (justntime's Buddy) was right. Kinda wierd that just that prevented the motor from starting at all. :monkeedance2: Oh well, who cares!!! :woo_hoo: My sh*t runs now! Lil Red Screamin Busa is back!! :rockwoot: I just have to get a new battery now, clean the air filter, and get the car cleaned up and I might go test it out tomorrow. :headbang:

:finger: what? I wasn't referring to anyone. :dunno: I just wanted to know if there was someone that knew about Hayabusa cam timing out there. :dunno: I didn't want to hear something like, "check the oil level" or something stupid like that. I needed specific facts, Nick. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input over the phone though, Nick. :laughoff::laughoff: "If it has compression the cam timing has to be right." :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: Just messin w/ ya.

I got it running!!!!!!!! :woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::laughoff::rockon::shake::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Pat over at Carter Powersports hooked me up w/ some copies of pages from their svc manual for Hayabusas. I found that the intake cam was one tooth off. Fred (justntime's Buddy) was right. Kinda wierd that just that prevented the motor from starting at all. :monkeedance2: Oh well, who cares!!! :woo_hoo: My sh*t runs now! Lil Red Screamin Busa is back!! :beerpint: I just have to get a new battery now, clean the air filter, and get the car cleaned up and I might go test it out tomorrow. :headbang:

Let me know if you want company tommorrow. You can't test in tune by yourself!!! :laughing:

Let me know if you want company tommorrow. You can't test in tune by yourself!!! :monkeedance2:

aight!!! :D:laughing: Thanks, I'll let ya know. OGP is gonna meet up w/ me out there too if I go. I give ya a :laughoff: tonight if I plan out rollin out early in the AM. :rockon:

I said... the compression is a good thing... where as you had no compression before... regardless of the timing.. :D like you said it can be 90 out 180 out whatever and still have compression which is something you DIDNT have before.. :D

Thats the reason i dont want to tear mine apart.. my cam's are the same way as the busa... adjusting the valves requires valve cover, cam retainers, pulling the cam and chain and making sure its all back together right is a pain in the butt... i know mine does need a new timing chain.. they say once a year for cheap measure... once that sucker breaks it gets expensive to fix w/ some bent valves..

Ive seen plenty of hayabusas on the frwy so Im sure I can figure out what the problem is. I think the timing is 15 teeth once you have the cam at the 3 mark. If you have it at 14 or 16 it will not run!!!! And Nicks right. If you have compression it will run. Well compression and spark. and fuel and air and oh yeah all at the proper TIMING!!!!!!!!!! hOPE i COULD BE SOME HELP TO YOU!!!!! :monkeedance2: Just roll with the punches PRES!!!!!

IMO you should degree them. There is probably some power missing. Did you readjust the valves?

like any engine thats getting down to the nitty gritty. only way to see the differance would be a time slip. getting that little extra. probably wouldnt notice anything duning. just my opinion. :D oh ya. on petes motor its no simple task adjusting the valves.

Edited by superdave